Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dabo Swinney on Chad coming after Venable's

Started by Next1_04, December 07, 2017, 02:45:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

On Bo's show:

"Good luck with that"

Had nothing but praise for him other than that.

flagstaffhog

Kind of what I figured. Didn't see where CBV would leave Clemson for Arkansas in a lateral move. $ doesn't seem to be the force that drives this man.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 07, 2017, 02:45:52 pm
On Bo's show:

"Good luck with that"

Oh ok bring it!

SPAL

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Kneph13

Dabo just slapped with a glove,  duel accepted,  we may have an outside chance at winning it.
There is no Political Correctness in war

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

RebHog

Morris commented in is presser he didnt think Dabo would like that then listed his short list as coaches he has seen from afar and some he has coached against. Does BV fit either of those? Of course I would love to for it to happen but don't see it and think to much stock is being put into the "best DC in the country" statement. Whoever signs on the dotted line will be his "best DC in the country".

Hopeful Hog

Other than his slaps at the SEC from time to time there's absolutely nothing not to love about Dabo. If I wasn't such a DieHard Razorback I'd be a Clemson fan just because of him.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: flagstaffhog on December 07, 2017, 04:35:27 pm
Kind of what I figured. Didn't see where CBV would leave Clemson for Arkansas in a lateral move. $ doesn't seem to be the force that drives this man.

Go HOGS Go!

Concerning your lateral move comment, if you're referring to defensive coordinator position that could be considered lateral...if you mean Clemson to Arkansas it could qualify as the most delusional post ever.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Kneph13

Quote from: RebHog on December 07, 2017, 05:04:11 pm
Morris commented in is presser he didnt think Dabo would like that then listed his short list as coaches he has seen from afar and some he has coached against. Does BV fit either of those? Of course I would love to for it to happen but don't see it and think to much stock is being put into the "best DC in the country" statement. Whoever signs on the dotted line will be his "best DC in the country".

No, Venables doesn't fit, but he didn't say no.  He will make the call.  It's Venables who will say yay or nay,  Only after that will his "short list" come into play.  We got a 5-10% chance at it.

chenalhog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 07, 2017, 05:05:53 pm
Other than his slaps at the SEC from time to time there's absolutely nothing not to love about Dabo. If I wasn't such a DieHard Razorback I'd be a Clemson fan just because of him.
You can make swipes at SEC when you can back it up and he's backed up lately

HogKong

Here's the situation and the only real possible way BV would come here. He clearly wants to be a HC at some point when the right opportunity comes around. I can see him possibly wanting to come to Arkansas with CCM in order to watch, learn, and see how/what it's like to go through the rebuilding process and to learn from CCM in doing so since they are good friends and he can then take that experience with him in 1-2 years when that position comes available.

This is the only logical reason I can see him wanting to make the move.....and I would also suggest that if that is the case there is a very good chance he could come.

Kneph13

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 07, 2017, 05:05:53 pm

Clemson was who I was going to go with if we had hired that sorry sack of darn at Auburn.     I have been a Razorback fan since 1959, and I bleed Razorback red,  I've been there for the good times and the bad.  Being a Razorback fan is a roller coaster ride and it always has been.   But if they would have hired that Auburn coach; I was done with Razorback football.

hawgwash

Quote from: RebHog on December 07, 2017, 05:04:11 pm
They would have coached against each other a lot in practices, spring games, etc. And I think he also said the list includes some coaches he's just been around.  BV certainly qualifies there.  All that said I can't see BV coming here even though I would love it.

Hogtimes

Quote from: HogKong on December 07, 2017, 05:18:14 pm
Here's the situation and the only real possible way BV would come here. He clearly wants to be a HC at some point when the right opportunity comes around. I can see him possibly wanting to come to Arkansas with CCM in order to watch, learn, and see how/what it's like to go through the rebuilding process and to learn from CCM in doing so since they are good friends and he can then take that experience with him in 1-2 years when that position comes available.

This is the only logical reason I can see him wanting to make the move.....and I would also suggest that if that is the case there is a very good chance he could come.

He just went through with rebuilding at Clemson ....why do it again   And who  says he wants to be a head coach

hog911

On Bo's show:

"Good luck with that"

How many coaches do a radio show and talk crap about a former assistant? Try Never! Common Sense, it goes a long ways!

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: flagstaffhog on December 07, 2017, 04:35:27 pm
Kind of what I figured. Didn’t see where CBV would leave Clemson for Arkansas in a lateral move. $ doesn’t seem to be the force that drives this man.

Go HOGS Go!
and I imagine Dabo and Clemson would not just lay down and say "ok Brent, if you want to go, just go.  We wont try to keep you."  Whatever Ark might offer BV money wise could most likely be matched by Clemson if they wanted to.

My hope was that Arkansas might represent a challenge that Venables would want to tackle and do it along side his very very good friend, Chad Morris. If Venables came to Arkansas and built a top 5-top10 defense in the nation in 2 or 3 years, he could write his ticket to whatever job he wanted, but I doubt he wants to do that.  He has something built and in place at Clemson and probably doesnt feel like starting over.

HogKong

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 07, 2017, 05:56:38 pm
He just went through with rebuilding at Clemson ....why do it again   And who  says he wants to be a head coach

He wasn't there for the rebuilding process itself, as Dabo was head coach there for 3 years prior to BV coming. During those 3 years Dabo went 9-5, 6-6, and 10-3 (winning the ACC).....the. 11–1 the first year BV was there. If the school you go to just Won there conference championship and was 10-3, not sure you can say they helped rebuild. BV himself said he wants to be a head coach, but only under the right circumstances.

So as I stated above, if he were to come, I BELIEVE it would be to work alongside CCM to experience and learn from him during the rebuilding process so he can take that with him when he becomes a HC.

rusvegashog

On Bo's show:

"Good luck with that"

Is there a way to listen to that interview? Thanks in advance.

HogKong

Oklahawg

I would think the Clemson DL coach as DC at UA is a greater likelihood. Need great teachers at each level on defense.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 07, 2017, 06:44:35 pm
I would think the Clemson DL coach as DC at UA is a greater likelihood. Need great teachers at each level on defense.
my vote is on Bud Foster.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

myriad_rocker

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

mj4president

On Bo's show:

"Good luck with that"

Are we talking Bo Mattingly? If so, how did he get Dabo on?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on December 07, 2017, 05:08:45 pm
Concerning your lateral move comment, if you're referring to defensive coordinator position that could be considered lateral...if you mean Clemson to Arkansas it could qualify as the most delusional post ever.

Thins future tense baby..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HognotinMemphis

On Bo's show:

"Good luck with that"

Coming after Venable's what?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Paul

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on December 07, 2017, 05:08:45 pm
absolutely correct

hogfooey

Ryan Pu11ey  💭 〽️‏
@6_showtime
Following Following @6_showtime
More
Iknow One Thing @coachchadmorris  Got One Of The Best In The Game 🌴😈
8:07 PM - 7 Dec 2017
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

gumbohog

Ummm, what does that mean?

Btw we keep talking about the best in the game...he also said the same thing about special teams. Is it possible that it's a rhetorical "we're going to have the best coaches, he best recruiting room, the best xxxxxx"?

jvanhorn

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 07, 2017, 04:55:27 pm
Jerry needs to take that as a challenge.

Well Jerry has a lot of money, but if money is not what the motivating factor is for Venebles, who I am sure is quite well payed, then it doesn't matter.

Haters gonna hate

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 08, 2017, 12:12:58 am
Well Jerry has a lot of money, but if money is not what the motivating factor is for Venebles, who I am sure is quite well payed, then it doesn't matter.

Jerruh take this as a challenge. You brought us @coachchadmorris so why not bring @coachbrentvenables too? #fulltiltboogie #RazorbackFAST18 #HammerDown

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 07, 2017, 06:44:35 pm
Yeah I think this is right. Venables likely could get a head coaching job right now if he wanted. He has proven himself at Oklahoma and Clemson. Either he doesn't want one or hasn't liked the jobs that were open to him.

When you hear CCM say he's going to hire the best coach out there, I think you need to remember Dabo was a wide receiver coach for a few years before he was named head coach. There are probably some position coaches who are absolutely going places that someone like CCM knows would be great hires.

rhames

Quote from: hogfooey on December 07, 2017, 10:28:42 pm
Ryan Pu11ey  💭 〽️‏
@6_showtime
Following Following @6_showtime
More
Iknow One Thing @coachchadmorris  Got One Of The Best In The Game 🌴😈
8:07 PM - 7 Dec 2017

He is talking about himself.

We just went through this. The players are and will always be the last to know when a coach is hired. Lol.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

lumphog

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 07, 2017, 05:56:38 pm
might have his eyes on the NFL... Lets Make A Deal

The NewEra

One of the major themes with this coaching hire is recruiting Ark, Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana.  Whoever it is, the guy will be known as a great recruiter of defensive talent and I expect them to have strong ties to one of these areas, most likely Texas.  It'll be interesting to see.

HawgwildinMI

Quote from: Kneph13 on December 07, 2017, 05:12:17 pm
     No, Venables doesn't fit, but he didn't say no.  He will make the call.  It's Venables who will say yay or nay,  Only after that will his "short list" come into play.  We got a 5-10% chance at it.
Cant hurt to try huh. I'm all in even with a 5 percent shot.

Been10Hog

What made Venables leave OU? OU was a better program at the time. I'm sure OU pays their DC well. If our situation is similar to the one at Clemson when he went there, maybe he would be interested in the challenge and a pay raise. That's the only way I see it happening.

DiamondHogFan

Venables agent wouldn't happen to be Sexton would it?

hawgwash

Quote from: Been10Hog on December 08, 2017, 08:22:18 am
What made Venables leave OU? OU was a better program at the time. I'm sure OU pays their DC well. If our situation is similar to the one at Clemson when he went there, maybe he would be interested in the challenge and a pay raise. That's the only way I see it happening.
I think Stoops was bringing his brother in or back to be the DC or Co-DC.  So sort of a demotion for BV.

The Hogfather

MaconBacon

He is coaching for a team at its Pinnacle and very well could play in the championship.  He has turned down HC talk from various teams. This falls in the category for the folks that think Gus is still coming via a last minute conspiracy.    Please start living in the now people.

PorkRinds