Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big changes coming. SMU's oline....

Started by porque, December 07, 2017, 02:12:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhog63

It will be interesting to see what happens with Hjalte Froholdt.

Uncommon

Quote from: oldhog63 on December 07, 2017, 04:14:43 pm
It will be interesting to see what happens with Hjalte Froholdt.
He'll likely start to the disappointment of some ill informed posters.

gawntrail

Think Denver Broncos under Shanahan. Wide splits. Good angles. Lots of full reach concepts where screening and moving laterally is better than Mano y Mano drive blocking.

Another note.  Rock solid 40 Front DLs and DEs must play from a 'set' start. They are also predicated on a strong and weak side. CCM uses not only tos of motion, but multiple shifts. From what I've seen you can neutralize a stud 40 front by shifting strength and forcing them to switch sides before the snap count.

I like his multiple shift multiple motion spread. It forces coverage of all parts of the field before and after the snap.

I'm liking this guy more and more.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rtr on December 07, 2017, 02:36:52 pm
He knows the SEC from Clemson.  They played Georgia, Auburn and LSU. Not to mention South Carolina.  Clemson is an SEC type program in the ACC.
Yep, no doubt. With Clemson's reliance on both speed and aggression on both sides of the ball they most certainly would fit right in to the mold of the prototype SEC team.

oldhog63

Quote from: Uncommon on December 07, 2017, 04:18:11 pm
He'll likely start to the disappointment of some ill informed posters.
I am not questioning his ability. I thought he played well for the most part. I was more wondering if he would stay on the OL or move back to the DL. I thought he was a dominant DL when playing that side of the ball. Curious where this staff sees his talent best fits.

hoglady

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 07, 2017, 02:42:51 pm
Hard to recruit to SMU when the stadium is nearly empty every game

There are probably numerous high school programs in Texas that have better facilities than SMU.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

code red

No more JC transfers please.  Esp....with regard to attempting to fix a broken offensive line.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jackflash

I can't believe anyone would want Nutt back. wasn't the first time enough