Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks vs. Notre Dame on NBC

Started by factchecker, December 07, 2017, 01:34:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Notre Dame released their 2020 schedule.

We will play them Saturday, September 12th on NBC.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

InternetDrama

I just might have to make a trip to South Bend for that one.
Texas still sucks.

Locutus_of_Boar

That's probably the first Hog football game on NBC since the 1978 Fiesta Bowl.

Hollywood870

Awesome. We should be rolling by then.

The_Iceman

I'm planning to go. Once in a lifetime chance to see the Hogs in South Bend.

Wildhog

I'll be there for that one.  We should be firing on all cylinders by then.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

redeye

I'm shocked.  Never thought Notre Dame would play us.

factchecker

The wife and I plan on going.

I'd love for us to have a huge chunk of red in crowd like Georgia did this season:

How awesome would it be to hear the hog call on NBC?!
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bigfoot

Quote from: factchecker on December 07, 2017, 01:34:16 pm
Notre Dame released their 2020 schedule.

We will play them Saturday, September 12th on NBC.

That is pretty cool.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 07, 2017, 01:38:56 pm

Yeah me too. Probably won't be able to purchase tickets until 2020, right?

AugustaHog

I'm going.  It will be an expensive ticket/travel but this is only happening once.

checkraiser88

Do we have a game time yet? I need to know right away..

rljjr

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on December 07, 2017, 01:38:10 pm
That's probably the first Hog football game on NBC since the 1978 Fiesta Bowl.

Man, back when it was on Christmas Day. Still mad about that tie with UCLA. Wanted Vaughn Lusby to return that punt for a TD near the end of the game.

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 07, 2017, 01:49:21 pm
Do we have a game time yet? I need to know right away..

They just released the ND game times for 2018, so I doubt we will know 2020 for awhile.

KA-BLAM

Orange Bowl 87 vs Oklahoma would be my guess at the last time on NBC
Whole Hog, Half Ham, ARKANSAS BY DAMN!!!

hogsevenseven

Or just one more tick on the clock in the Fiesta bowl for a FG try.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

We went there on a visit when my son was looking at colleges. When you walk on campus you just feel the cheers of 100+ years of football, of big games, big players, scenes you saw on tv when you were a kid.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elksnort

I have been to 3 games at Notre Dame. It is certainly a great place. My step father is a 50+ year booster there.

What I find interesting is when Nebraska came there years ago, they did as Georgia and bought up a great many tickets. If I were a Notre Dame fan this would concern me. We are not talking about visitor seats, either. It season ticket holders selling their tickets to the opposition.

I am surprised this is not talked about more on national sports talk shows. UGA has a huge contingency their this fall.

My step father did not say much about this when I asked him.

hogsanity

Quote from: elksnort on December 07, 2017, 02:06:05 pm
I have been to 3 games at Notre Dame. It is certainly a great place. My step father is a 50+ year booster there.

What I find interesting is when Nebraska came there years ago, they did as Georgia and bought up a great many tickets. If I were a Notre Dame fan this would concern me. We are not talking about visitor seats, either. It season ticket holders selling their tickets to the opposition.

I am surprised this is not talked about more on national sports talk shows. UGA has a huge contingency their this fall.

My step father did not say much about this when I asked him.

Early season game, and I imagine they were getting quite a premium from the GA fans too.

ChicoHog

Getting to see my two favorite teams play each other?  Priceless!!   I can't wait. 

elksnort

Quote from: hogsanity on December 07, 2017, 02:07:27 pm
Early season game, and I imagine they were getting quite a premium from the GA fans too.
When I was a Razorback season ticket holder I would never have thought to sell my tickets to the opposing team's fans. This to me, indicates many of the Notre Dame fans having money problems, wishy washy about their team, or whatever. It does not look good to a program that gets so much love and respect and also has their own network.

sickboy

See y'all in South Bend. That's a once in a lifetime game.

porque

Quote from: AugustaHog on December 07, 2017, 01:47:49 pm
I'm going.  It will be an expensive ticket/travel but this is only happening once.

Its not a horrible drive from Fayetteville.  10 1/2 hours.  If you take I 70 out of St Louis and go into Indiana be careful driving through Bond County.

hogsanity

Quote from: elksnort on December 07, 2017, 02:26:04 pm
When I was a Razorback season ticket holder I would never have thought to sell my tickets to the opposing team's fans. This to me, indicates many of the Notre Dame fans having money problems, wishy washy about their team, or whatever. It does not look good to a program that gets so much love and respect and also has their own network.

OR it indicates they are savvy business people and could make back a huge chunk of their total season ticket cost by not going to one game. They had 7 home games and the game at MSU is less than a 3 hr drive from South Bend.

PORKULATOR

It'll be nice to go to their house and beat em over the head with touchdown Jesus, but don't expect a lot from their stadium. Its old and not impressive.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogsanity

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 07, 2017, 02:41:30 pm
It'll be nice to go to their house and beat em over the head with touchdown Jesus, but don't expect a lot from their stadium. Its old and not impressive.

Fenway Park and Wrigley are old and not impressive either.

jb11

They will have to contend with our high speed offense a week after having to deal with Navy's triple option attack.  I like our chances already.

razorhog52

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

elksnort

Quote from: hogsanity on December 07, 2017, 02:35:40 pm
OR it indicates they are savvy business people and could make back a huge chunk of their total season ticket cost by not going to one game. They had 7 home games and the game at MSU is less than a 3 hr drive from South Bend.
You are 100-2 in having your point be prevalent on this board. So I know I will not convince you of my thoughts that their fans lack some loyalty for selling to the opponents. It just seems wrong.

I know my step father and his cronies were disgusted years ago when Nebraska came in practically took over Notre Dame stadium.
Can you see LSU, UGA, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Tennessee or many others doing this? Of course Miami Hurricanes has this type of fan base for sure. Hell, they're in Metro area of 5-6 million people and can't fill their stadium.

Anyway, Notre Dame's fan base is highly over rated these days.

elksnort

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 07, 2017, 02:41:30 pm
A few years ago, they added seats from 59,075 to 80,000 something today. Also they are adding fancy suits, etc. very soon, if not already at a huge huge cost.
The stadium and campus is very nice.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: InternetDrama on December 07, 2017, 01:35:40 pm
I just might have to make a trip to South Bend for that one.
Can I ride with you?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Sow Lancelot

I'll be there as well, hopefully with a group of 14-16. I've been to South Bend for a couple of games and it is a game day experience well worth the trip. Tradition is a beautiful thing. Just hope we put a whoopin' on the Domers.

QuoteSee y'all in South Bend. That's a once in a lifetime game.
Yes, it is.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

hogsanity

Quote from: elksnort on December 07, 2017, 02:56:20 pm
A few years ago, they added seats from 59,075 to 80,000 something today. Also they are adding fancy suits, etc. very soon, if not already at a huge huge cost.
The stadium and campus is very nice.

We were there summer of 2016 and they had massive construction on the stadium going on.

RazorPiggie

hawgdavis

Quote from: redeye on December 07, 2017, 01:39:50 pm
I'm shocked.  Never thought Notre Dame would play us.

They wil play anyone. I can't stand them but I truly respect them. Look at their schedule every year even their cupcakes are usually pretty good programs.

elksnort

Quote from: hogsanity on December 07, 2017, 03:09:46 pm
We were there summer of 2016 and they had massive construction on the stadium going on.
Okay, maybe I am off a year. I know my step father was asked to purchase a suite of some ungodly amount, like a million for 10 years. Heck I can't remember the number, but he is 79 years old and declined. He still has season tickets and goes to most games, but like a lot of us, does not enjoy the in game experience. And here is a connecting point. He would not sell or gives his tickets to a opposing fan. Well, I can't lie. I sat next to him in 1990 when I liked the Miami Hurricanes, but I digress..

hogsanity

Quote from: elksnort on December 07, 2017, 03:15:08 pm
Okay, maybe I am off a year. I know my step father was asked to purchase a suite of some ungodly amount, like a million for 10 years. Heck I can't remember the number, but he is 79 years old and declined. He still has season tickets and goes to most games, but like a lot of us, does not enjoy the in game experience. And here is a connecting point. He would not sell or gives his tickets to a opposing fan. Well, I can't lie. I sat next to him in 1990 when I liked the Miami Hurricanes, but I digress..

I think they told us, that much like the expansion of DWRRS, it was going to be a 2 year job. So it is likely they still had some work going on this year.

I am sure there are fans who would not sell to an opponent fans.

HogPokerPlayer

That's one hell of a difficult schedule.

elksnort

Quote from: hogsanity on December 07, 2017, 03:26:38 pm
I think they told us, that much like the expansion of DWRRS, it was going to be a 2 year job. So it is likely they still had some work going on this year.

I am sure there are fans who would not sell to an opponent fans.
And you know. The midwestern mentality of the Notre Dame fan might not be so proprietary about their tickets like the good ole sutheners.  I know that you know what I am saying. Like you said, heck sell to these Georgia idiots and it might pay for several other games, then drive over to the Linebacker and watch it there.

hogsanity

Quote from: elksnort on December 07, 2017, 03:29:23 pm
And you know. The midwestern mentality of the Notre Dame fan might not be so proprietary about their tickets like the good ole sutheners.  I know that you know what I am saying. Like you said, heck sell to these Georgia idiots and it might pay for several other games, then drive over to the Linebacker and watch it there.

We ate at the Fiddlers Hearth the day we went. Pretty good place. Like I said we were there in July, so it was kind of dead.

ocsm158

I was there in 1998 when Notre Dame played LSU (my wife's an LSU grad but I married her anyway :o). The atmosphere at that stadium on gameday is one of the best I have seen. It was a dreary overcast day in late November with a 1:30 kickoff and I swear just before kickoff the skies cleared and it turned out to be a fabulous day for football. ND pulled out the win at the last minute and touchdown Jesus was smiling. ND fans were super, all the ones around us were from all over the country. I have heard that on game weekends that the SB airport is one of the busiest in the country.

If you get a chance to go, please do, just knowing who all has played/coached on that field gives you shivers. The campus is nice but South Bend ain't much to look at. Stay in Chicago and take the train.

98hogs

Gianthog

Went to a game there this season, GREAT football atmosphere and fun.  Definitely going to this game!

MasterChiefHog

We beat ND and BAMA in the same year, I just might have a reason to get that Razorback tattoo I've always wanted. Bet I can talk my wife in to getting one with me.  ;)
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

redeye

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 07, 2017, 03:14:46 pm
They wil play anyone. I can't stand them but I truly respect them. Look at their schedule every year even their cupcakes are usually pretty good programs.

We've never played them and it's crazy to think we wouldn't want to play them, so I just figured they had no interest.  Nowadays, we have more games and ND does seem to play more schools they wouldn't, or didn't, in the past.  Notre Dame also isn't the power they once were, so there's that too.

Birminghog

I was coerced into making a detour through the ND campus last Spring on a business trip. Was completely unimpressed by the stadium, touchdown Jesus, the whole thing. Thought the dome was garish. Much respect for those of you excited by the game or whose families are ND fans, but no, thanks. Caveat: it was March and nothing was going on. Maybe the atmosphere changes things.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on December 07, 2017, 01:39:03 pm
I'll be there for that one.  We should be firing on all cylinders by then.
same.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli