Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Martin in Morris Offense

Started by TexasRazorback, December 07, 2017, 10:43:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 07, 2017, 07:02:27 pm
The problem with the group we have now is that they don't run crisp routes.  I watched HdN run practices, then Bobby P, John L. and now Bret.  Bret and HdN didn't seem to know how to coach WR.  When Gus came in under HdN was the first time I really saw a coach worrying about footwork and proper route running.  When Bobby P. came in it was crazy how hard he was on those boys.  What foot to put in the ground.  Which way to tilt your head on a fake and how much.  That route is 10 yards, not 10.3 yards.  That cut must be made at 12 yards...etc.  Bobby P coached his receivers to get open and get separation while running routes. 

Our receivers now never get the defender off their hip or get a step on anyone because they float on their routes.  They are sloppy, they don't stick their foot in the ground to make a cut, they sell the fake.

"IF" and that is a big "if" Chad can coach those speed guys up, then it will make all the difference in the world.  It is the SEC, everyone has speed.  We have to do something to get their guys to lose a step against our guys.  Good route running will get that.  Then we have enough speed that we can make it difficult for their speed to catch our speed.

100% why we're gonna upgrade WR coach.  I promise that sloppiness wouldn't fly w/ Morris regardless of how many low 3*'s from Louisiana you can snag.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

HogFoo

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 07, 2017, 10:45:18 am
We need guys who can get those 50/50 balls which are so popular in today's game.  martin may be one of those guys because he is big but not Warren, Nance or Hammonds.  Warren and Hammonds are more of the slant or bubble screen type guys.  I'd love to see a couple more 6'5" type receivers.
while I agree, we need bigger WRs, but I believe speed is what Morris will go after more so than a bigger slower WR. Of course if we can get more like Martin, #1 juco WR,  that'd be awesome.  And I do believe that top WRs will be looking to come to Arkansas once again, I tend to Look back at Joe Adams, Jarius wright, and think they were perfect for this type system while not being huge dudes. I think both were around 5'11-6 and around 195.  But yeah, if we can get big fast Wrs, I'm all for it.  Just dont think that's all we should focus on.  I think Cornelius will thrive in this offense as well.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: IronHog on December 07, 2017, 11:12:28 am

I'd say Jones, Pettway, and Gragg are more talented than the Warren boys were

Just need a coach

But they also had this guy...

Joe Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IR7UG9n3ZE
Retired Radio Host

Idahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

SamBuckhart

That touchdown pass to Cobi, as halftime expired, was a personal favorite. Lsu guys running into each other. That was pretty stinking sweet.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!