Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yesterday's team meeting online.

Started by OneLardAlmighty, December 07, 2017, 09:11:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1-1-six hog

go to 6:46 and watch who I think is Santos Ramirez in the front row perk up when he hears the word "aggressive"

checkraiser88

Dirty

blueridger

for those lucky enough to know Coach....that team meeting, those words, emotions...real as real can be.  what you saw, is what you will get.  no coach in the country will out work him.  no coach will out mentor him.  no coach will care more for his university.  i've read a lot of the message boards since his hiring (and a bit before) and i hate that there's been so much venom spewed towards coach...without having the slightest knowledge of the man...not the record.  i feel confident his 2018 Mustangs would have vied for the AAC title....in year 4 after having the worst roster in college football in 2015.  i'm happy to see the positive response to his presser. 

he's the real deal and you need to get used to him...i'm betting he's going to be at Arkansas quite a while.  one last thing; the assistants he's brought on the offensive side of the ball...they know the system.  they're good at what they do and they have the same passion.  they're good recruiters.  players love them because they relate.  settle down and let's see if the spring game doesn't get you stoked.  happy new Razorback here!

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: blueridger on December 07, 2017, 12:17:20 pm
for those lucky enough to know Coach....that team meeting, those words, emotions...real as real can be.  what you saw, is what you will get.  no coach in the country will out work him.  no coach will out mentor him.  no coach will care more for his university.  i've read a lot of the message boards since his hiring (and a bit before) and i hate that there's been so much venom spewed towards coach...without having the slightest knowledge of the man...not the record.  i feel confident his 2018 Mustangs would have vied for the AAC title....in year 4 after having the worst roster in college football in 2015.  i'm happy to see the positive response to his presser. 

he's the real deal and you need to get used to him...i'm betting he's going to be at Arkansas quite a while.  one last thing; the assistants he's brought on the offensive side of the ball...they know the system.  they're good at what they do and they have the same passion.  they're good recruiters.  players love them because they relate.  settle down and let's see if the spring game doesn't get you stoked.  happy new Razorback here!

Welcome to the family. How's your Hog Call?

Dark Helmet Hog

Godfather

Quote from: 1-1-six hog on December 07, 2017, 11:47:35 am
go to 6:46 and watch who I think is Santos Ramirez in the front row perk up when he hears the word "aggressive"

You can see he bought in.  Right there. 
WPS to the end.

blueridger

Duck, thanks for the welcome mat.  I'm working on the Hog call!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ambien_sky on December 07, 2017, 10:30:47 am
I have a fourteen year old daughter.  I have no choice but to be a spender.  Any dad with a daughter knows you are in a constant state of broke.   :-\

I look at that as the investor thing he was talking about! You are investing in her today so she can have a better future! 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

CaliforniaHawg

Boy if you can't get excited about this guy you better check your pulse and make sure it's still beating. He's gonna have these guys roaring.

alohawg

Quote from: Lulu Hog on December 07, 2017, 09:40:35 am
I was critical about the hire in the beginning.  But I'm past it and really starting to think we've got us a good one. 

Me too as well as about a 1/3 of HV. I'm warming to him quick though.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogindasticks

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 07, 2017, 11:38:43 am
Yes, he had me hyped too. I'm all in now. Lead us oh great one. We are about to get after it on offense. I also heard him say he was bringing the best defensive coordinator in the country. Venables?

I hope they know where they are going...lol

waterboy

I have a fourteen year old daughter.  I have no choice but to be a spender.  Any dad with a daughter knows you are in a constant state of broke.   :-\
Wait till you get grand kids

hobhog

elksnort

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 09:27:30 am
I liked how he made them sit up and pay attention. No slacking in this program now. I like the attitude!
It does start with the small things. Maybe those small things were not stressed with the previous staff.

Anyway, his speech to the team was very impressive.

Hogwaller

Quote from: blueridger on December 07, 2017, 12:48:34 pm

Just remember that it's WOOOOO! and not ah-oooo. Real Razorbacks don't ah-oooo.  8)

HAWG MAFIA

I had two!!! people use to come around at work with fundraisers and i'd tell them i have a "2 teenage daughter fundraiser"

farmhawg

Love your insight! Thank you.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Dionysos25

Sounded like every CEO I've ever heard. "We're going to have great opportunity for growth in our business this quarter, we're going to capitalize on our strengths and invest in our weaknesses." It's just saying words that are correct to say.

But. I like the hire. He just has the CEO talk down, which turns me off. I like a guy to be real. But then again, that's what Bret was.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

AugustaHog

I'm much more hopeful about this hire than I was when I first heard who we got.  I think the offense is going to be fine once he irons out the OL.  I'm not worried about that.  If he truly lands an elite DC and staff, this could be a homerun hire.  I have had trouble getting past the W-L record, but I appreciate the fire he has.  I don't think I appreciated how very little fire was in the previous staff, at least publicly.  I don't remember too much of that.  There was a ton of bravado, humor, and at the end peevishness.  I think we need someone who is OCD about the details.  He was obviously bothered by the posture and his asking them to sit up and pay attention was a real tone setter. 

code red

Yep.  Sit up straight young men.  No more slouching and absolutely no more REGGAE music.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

I was not on board......I am now on board.....Love me some COACH MORRIS
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Dionysos25 on December 07, 2017, 02:02:08 pm
Sounded like every CEO I've ever heard. "We're going to have great opportunity for growth in our business this quarter, we're going to capitalize on our strengths and invest in our weaknesses." It's just saying words that are correct to say.

But. I like the hire. He just has the CEO talk down, which turns me off. I like a guy to be real. But then again, that's what Bret was.
Bret was that to a fault.  I like a Coach that wants our players to outwardly represent our University.  Nothing wrong with flip flops....on the beach.

OnYourToes

I heard some fire and some intensity, I haven't heard that in a while, since BP.

He said "hard work ahead of us" a few times, I'm not sure the guys on the roster have had that much "hard work", honestly. I think the team and staff have been looking forward to "flip Flop Friday's" too often and enjoying a laid back attitude and approach to the game.  I think that is the reason for the lack of fight we had on the field and in the second half.  I think this attitude is why, on some levels, we quit in games last year.

I love the fire and intensity of working hard, giving your best.  I believe he will make sure those things are done in practice and in the game. 

I am very excited for this coach! 
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 1-1-six hog on December 07, 2017, 11:47:35 am
Lol, I did too. That's what I've been waiting to hear. Tired of this "bend but don't break" crap. And people, aggressive does not mean blitz. It means attack instead of sit back.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Vantage 8 dude

PM me and I'll be glad to walk you through the proper way of paying honor to the Boss Hog! Just beware there is only ONE right way of doing so ;) :D  8)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: AugustaHog on December 07, 2017, 02:17:12 pm
I'm much more hopeful about this hire than I was when I first heard who we got.  I think the offense is going to be fine once he irons out the OL.  I'm not worried about that.  If he truly lands an elite DC and staff, this could be a homerun hire.  I have had trouble getting past the W-L record, but I appreciate the fire he has.  I don't think I appreciated how very little fire was in the previous staff, at least publicly.  I don't remember too much of that.  There was a ton of bravado, humor, and at the end peevishness.  I think we need someone who is OCD about the details.  He was obviously bothered by the posture and his asking them to sit up and pay attention was a real tone setter.
Like a lot of others I too have had some problems looking past his record. However, considering the HUGE and MASSIVE hole he had to work through at SMU, and I can PROMISE you June Jones totally torched and razed the program to the ground prior to Morris arriving in Dallas, one also has to be willing to put things in perspective. I loved what he said about how he answered the question of why he would leave Clemson for SMU. His answer "Why not" tells me he obviously isn't a guy who will back down from a major challenge and rebuild. I also liked how he mentioned to the players that 7 years ago Clemson was pretty much where Arkansas is now. We can only hope and pray that he's nearly as successful as Dabo has been with the Tigers.

Rayzback

Sounds like a guy that will tell it like it is... which is refreshing. I also heard he is stickler for the details, which I hope to see.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

AugustaHog

Quote from: Rayzback on December 07, 2017, 04:18:54 pm
Sounds like a guy that will tell it like it is... which is refreshing. I also heard he is stickler for the details, which I hope to see.
I'm praying that we get that perfection mentality back.  I remember how hard Petrino was on his guys, especially WRs.  If the ball hit the ground, there was hell to pay. 

#1Fan

Rustyhog

A little bit of HDN with a side order of kick your BUTT. Boys better spend Christmas working out and running. I have a feeling Spring ball is going to be more like basic training. HARD WORK!

RedNeckerson

"Life doesn't usually give you $hit and then turn it into a beverage" Michael Bryce

Hawgphat

I was truly impressed with Coach Morris.  I believe that he is fully committed to doing absolutely what he said he will do - and requiring the players to give 100% effort as well.

I'm in.

Hogindasticks

Only problem is....if he promised the team...and doesn't deliver...the whole team will cave in on him.

moses_007

This was Bielema's entire problem.  No discipline in meetings.  Coach came to practice looking like a bum, unshaven and in flip flops.  Played music.  Let the players do whatever they wanted to do.  Now do you see why we couldn't win on Saturdays?

Sooiepride

Making millenials show discipline and respect right from the get-go.  This is freaking awesome.  No offense to millenials.
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

AugustaHog

Quote from: moses_007 on December 07, 2017, 06:14:52 pm
This was Bielema's entire problem.  No discipline in meetings.  Coach came to practice looking like a bum, unshaven and in flip flops.  Played music.  Let the players do whatever they wanted to do.  Now do you see why we couldn't win on Saturdays?
I think you can be a lot of the things he espoused and still be a great football coach.  The flip flops may be a bit much but Belichick has rocked the hoodie for how long now?  When you are a failure these types of things look bad, but when you are winning Super Bowl after Super Bowl, it's endearing.  Same thing with Pete Carroll.  He's known to jam music and be super laid back and player friendly, but he wins.  I think Carroll has that friendly demeanor, but you know he doesn't tolerate slackers.  I'm sure he wears somebody out or flat out gets rid of them if they aren't all in.  Bielema did not appear to do that.  Accountability is important and it seemed like we made excuses instead of correcting the problem.  There is talent on our roster.  It's not as bleak as some seem to think.  I think with some added discipline and attention to detail, we will see noted improvement.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Godfather on December 07, 2017, 09:27:57 am
He said "we're gonna have the best defensive coordinator in college football"...  hmmm  who is that?

watched that like...
BUD FOSTER
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ambien_sky

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on December 07, 2017, 01:38:44 pm
I had two!!! people use to come around at work with fundraisers and i'd tell them i have a "2 teenage daughter fundraiser"

lol!  That is a great idea.  I am going to have to try that.  Maybe I could make up a sign and stand out in the Walmart parking lot.

Wooderson

Give me liberty, or give me death!

cc

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 09:27:30 am
I liked how he made them sit up and pay attention. No slacking in this program now. I like the attitude!

Yes.  I liked the sit up and feet on the ground right off the bat. 

Hopeful Hog

I've come from "I hate this hire" to "I think I love this guy"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: savimbi2002 on December 07, 2017, 10:25:06 am
Was the entire team present? Didn't seem like a lot of players there.

Seniors are no longer obligated. That was just freshmen, sophomores and juniors...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jgphillips3

When you are looking at prospective coaches, 14-22 and recruiting rankings in the Low 70's and 80's being selected over guys who played in their conference championship is a thing that is initially hard to get past.  Take that in mind when seeing what you've read.  I think the majority of us have looked at, read and watched enough now to be somewhere between happy and very excited that CCM is our coach now.  After all the catching up on him I've done, I believe if he can get a top notch DC and move our recruiting up from 25ish into the teens, he'll win a lot of ball games here.

BallHog1

All these "hated the hire" to "now I like the hire" folks should really sit down and reflect on yourselves. You hated the hire before you even met or gave the guy a chance. Not a good practice.

BallHog1

Quote from: moses_007 on December 07, 2017, 06:14:52 pm
How did you get to sit in on meetings???

Had an old buddy who had a saying.  Talks cheap, it takes money to buy land.  A short speech to the players is cool and i blieve he got their attention and certainly some won't like it of fall in line.

But what I like about this Guy is what he has done before he ever knew he would be the HC at Arkansas.  Two High School Football Championships in Texas football.  You don't win a state championship with knock around attitudes, low energy, no football knowledge and no leadership. and you sure as hell don't win two times even if you got damn lucky once.

You don't become the OC of a football factory unless someone who knows football doesn't see something in you that causes him to want your services.  And you don't get selected to go head coach a football program if you haven't been successful in your previous experience.  And as we know from experience, you need to show progress every year of the fans will get restless and he did that.  This Dude has energy, appears to say and mean the right things and shows me that if work will get it done then it will get done.  You can only ask an employee to give it his best shot and bust his ass trying.  If you have selected correctly and that selection then works hard, good things should happen.  He seems to be able to manage time and that is very important considering how much your time is demanded on the total project.  I never felt Bret could manage time or cared if he couldn't.  If this Guy has the attention to detail that he appears to have, we going somewhere good.

Hog N Bama

Welcome to Arkansas  You are going to love living in NW Arkansas!! Glad to have you on board.

Porknoxville

Etowah

He said pretty much what every new coach says when they meet the team for the first time.

Now comes the hard part.

Either way....I am happy with the change and happy with the hire...at least we have some hope.

You can also tell he has been told by those that hired him...that BB was their buddy more than their coach.