Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yesterday's team meeting online.

Started by OneLardAlmighty, December 07, 2017, 09:11:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wooderson on December 07, 2017, 07:22:06 pm
I shall call him the "Right Reverend"

I think nutty had that copyrighted..................and you know he likes to sue.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LZH

Him immediately taking charge certainly makes me feel better. Now sign that "best DC in the country" and give us a real reason to be excited about Razorback football again.

Wasn't crazy about the hire until I did a little digging around, and this meeting has me believing this cat ain't screwing around....he expects to win.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Godfather on December 07, 2017, 09:27:57 am
He said "we're gonna have the best defensive coordinator in college football"...  hmmm  who is that?

watched that like...

There's a very, very short list of DC's that can fit that description.

We will find out pretty soon if this guy is all talk. As far as "giving the 13-22 man a chance" goes, that starts right away with this DC hire.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

colbs

I hope he delivers.  That's a pretty bold statement which makes me think he has someone already.  He said they would have the best special teams in the country not the best special teams coordinator.  He didn't say the best defensive staff but the best DC in all of college football.  If he ends up bringing someone that is not considered as one of top DC then it will be disappointing after making such a big promise.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Melancholy_Pigg

That was good.  Sure talk is cheap and all that.  You don't have to remind this fanbase about talk.   But for the first time in 6 years I feel like we have someone committed and competent - and energetic.

This guy does not strike me as the kind of man who fools around or misses details.  Or does not have a very well thought out strategy that includes Plan A, B, C, D.  And for what it is worth he sounds to me like someone who won't dismiss a good idea for a change ifnit works - even if he didnt come up with it.

I think we're in good hands.