barners will be pissed. Little brother again

BR

Clemson -vs- Bama

Oklahoma  -vs-  Georgia
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Wild Bill Hog

Arazorbackguy1

Wow. OU will destroy UGA.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Calling All Hogs

Much prefer Bama over Ohio State!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ur on December 03, 2017, 11:37:46 am
barners will be pissed. Little brother again

Barners and oswho left out.  Love it.

kuhog

Total B.S. Alabama can't win their division, but yet plays in the playoffs. Hope Clemson beats them by 30.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: kuhog on December 03, 2017, 11:43:40 am
Total B.S. Alabama can't win their division, but yet plays in the playoffs. Hope Clemson beats them by 30.

Oh St last year. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jpsand

I like the sec dominating but think about this.  The more successful Alabama is the more lopsided the recruiting will become.  When you get the best recruits you have best chance to win.  I could coach Alabama to a 9 or 10 win season.  Till Alabama starts to slip a little all others are going to be chasing them.

Wild Bill Hog

Who deserved to be there instead of Bama?  No one I can think of.

Birminghog

How cool would it be to have a Bama-Georgia final?

Cletus

It might not be by that much, but they will. I'm pretty sure Georgia is gonna get smoked, too.

SEC! SEC! SEC! Mmmmmm, no.
See, what had happened was........

zane

I disagree

This is the point of the committee. Taking the 4 best teams- not the 4 best P5 conference champs
RIP LSUfan

Atlhogfan1

55-24

Don't discount Kirby and Mel having weeks to prepare an athletic D for OU.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RazorChuck

Bama vs Georgis for all the frito
pie!

Carl Lazlo

3kgthog

I hope both SEC teams lose. Their success doesn't help Arkansas in any way, shape, or form. As was pointed out on ESPN moments ago, the Bama effect has destroyed the SEC.

Cletus

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 03, 2017, 11:58:08 am
I hope both SEC teams lose. Their success doesn't help Arkansas in any way, shape, or form. As was pointed out on ESPN moments ago, the Bama effect has destroyed the SEC.

Don't worry, they will.
See, what had happened was........

HoggyCat

Eff the SEC. I hope both lose in semis. And then I hope Dabo cleans house with BlowU.

Just glad tOSU got left out.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

rzrbackrob

Bama opens as a 1 point favorite over Clemson
Good is the enemy of great

mjsphd

Bama was the 4th best team.  Still they didn't win their division or even have to play this week.  What is the point of having a conference championship game and conference champion?  If Auburn and Alabama went into their game, both undefeated, and Auburn won, Alabama would likely be in the playoff and Auburn out (assuming they still lost to Georgia).  So you benefit by losing the Iron Bowl and not playing in the Conference championship game.  Just doesn't make sense.

hogtheball

Quote from: jpsand on December 03, 2017, 11:44:42 am
I like the sec dominating but think about this.  The more successful Alabama is the more lopsided the recruiting will become.  When you get the best recruits you have best chance to win.  I could coach Alabama to a 9 or 10 win season.  Till Alabama starts to slip a little all others are going to be chasing them.

I don't know how old you are, but Alabama's dominance is largely Saban-related.  In the decade prior to Saban taking the job (under Dubose, Franchione, and Shula) The Tide had 67 wins and 55 losses.   Arkansas' record during those same seasons was 71-51 (and we weren't dominant either).   So, if you could win 10 games at Alabama, you should get an agent.  You can make millions! 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on December 03, 2017, 11:41:45 am

I agree. I think Oklahoma wins it all. Clemson will be hard to beat though.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

Muskliketusk

Heck yeah once again the best conference on earth. Bielema'd still be here if we played in any of those other jokes of a conference. Gunna be an all SEC final.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

pigmania

Quote from: Cletus on December 03, 2017, 11:47:57 am
It might not be by that much, but they will. I'm pretty sure Georgia is gonna get smoked, too.

SEC! SEC! SEC! Mmmmmm, no.
To start I will say that I hate OU with a passion, but they are head and shoulders above Arkansas on the field and in recruiting. While their defense hasn't been that great, they fit in the SEC much better than Arkansas does.

RME

Cosign.

2 SEC teams in the playoffs doesn't help us. Okay, we get some money. Has that SEC money really parlayed into much success for us recently?

I root for Arkansas, not the teams that wanna kick our ass every year.

Let them burn.

oldbooniehog

I never chant "SEC" unless it''s Arkansas that''s won something.

The rest of the SEC is the enemy, all the time.

Heck with 'em.

247Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 03, 2017, 11:49:54 am
55-24

Don't discount Kirby and Mel having weeks to prepare an athletic D for OU.

OU is the only team in the 4 without a defense. Guess we'll get to see the theory of D wins championships vs. Just out score your opponent.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

rude1

Quote from: mjsphd on December 03, 2017, 12:06:30 pm
Bama was the 4th best team.  Still they didn't win their division or even have to play this week.  What is the point of having a conference championship game and conference champion?  If Auburn and Alabama went into their game, both undefeated, and Auburn won, Alabama would likely be in the playoff and Auburn out (assuming they still lost to Georgia).  So you benefit by losing the Iron Bowl and not playing in the Conference championship game.  Just doesn't make sense.
How hard is it for some of you to understand it is the BEST 4 TEAMS? Winning the conference has NOTHING to do with it!!!! tOSU got in last year when they didn't win the conference and had a loss to the conference champion. Conference champion only comes into play when the two teams are deemed equal. Bama has 1 loss to the team who won the west in a contested game. tOSU has 2 losses, both times they were destroyed, once by OU at home, and the other to Iowa, Bama was deemed better so there was no need to go the conference champion tie breaker.

247Hog

I agree but having Georgia in it and not just Bama is a plus. Georgia rising up will give Bama at least a challenge in recruiting.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

beachhawg

You do realize that it helps Arkansas financially.  More money for revenue sharing if Georgia and Bama make it to final playoff spots.

jchill

It's time to expand the playoffs. Get the 12 best teams to duke it out.

IronHog

Agree

Need to get to 4 conferences with champ games with each winner going to the playoff.

BCS was better than this BS
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: rude1 on December 03, 2017, 12:25:30 pm
How hard is it for some of you to understand it is the BEST 4 TEAMS? Winning the conference has NOTHING to do with it!!!! tOSU got in last year when they didn't win the conference and had a loss to the conference champion. Conference champion only comes into play when the two teams are deemed equal. Bama has 1 loss to the team who won the west in a contested game. tOSU has 2 losses, both times they were destroyed, once by OU at home, and the other to Iowa, Bama was deemed better so there was no need to go the conference champion tie breaker.

Subjective

Win your conference or go home
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RME

Quote from: beachhawg on December 03, 2017, 12:28:45 pm
You do realize that it helps Arkansas financially.  More money for revenue sharing if Georgia and Bama make it to final playoff spots.

So what? Does more money from conference foes' success result in more wins for us?

rude1

Quote from: IronHog on December 03, 2017, 12:34:07 pm

Subjective

Sorry but that is NOT the rules. The RULES stipulate the best 4 teams, and those of you who don't like it, don't get to change the rules because of your Bama hate, I didn't hear your outcries last year when tOSU got in the same way.

RME

Quote from: IronHog on December 03, 2017, 12:34:07 pm

Subjective

So if an 8-4 team gets into their conference championship and wins it, they should be in?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rzrbackrob on December 03, 2017, 12:04:27 pm
Bama opens as a 1 point favorite over Clemson

Proof who the wise guys think is one of the top 4.

HoggyCat

$$$ & bragging rights.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

TeufelHog

Am I the only one who didn't know the CFP committee was announcing the playoff teams this morning?  Totally thought announcement/show was going to be tonight.  Bama plays Clemson and Georgia plays Oklahoma.  Could possibly be an all SEC championship game.  Glad Bama gets another shot at Clemson!

hawaiianhogster

Why didn't Bama go to the SECT when Aubbie had 2 loses?

Jean-Luc Pigard

What an 8 team playoff might look like:

1.  Clemson (12-1) vs. 8. UCF (12-0)

4.  Alabama (11-1) vs. 5. Ohio State (11-2)

3.  Georgia (12-1) vs. 6. USC (11-2)

2.  Oklahoma (12-1) vs. 7. Wisconsin (12-1)

Teams like Penn State would argue they deserve to be in over UCF, but I say they're the only undefeated team at this classification of football, so they deserve to be in.

Dudeman

Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

hawaiianhogster

If the sect is going to determine who plays into the NC playoff then they should use the total win loss record and strength of schedule to determine it.

Bigfoot

Oklahoma vs Clemson would be stellar.

hawaiianhogster

Time to change things up to make this playoff BS more like a playoff and not just favor certain teams.

redneckfriend

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on December 03, 2017, 11:41:45 am

No one knows but I would say no on paper. Georgia will get to Mayfield and Chubb and Fromm give Georgia real offensive options. OU could win if Mayfield plays very well (he is a short quarterback and he'll be facing huge quick SEC defensive linemen so that complicates matters).

In the SEC title game Georgia got a lot of help from turnovers (but had a lot of bad penalties called on them) and that may have been the difference. Could also be the difference in the OU game.