Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average margin of defeat is 22.5 points

Started by oldbooniehog, December 02, 2017, 08:49:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbooniehog

Hogs average margin of defeat is 22.5 points.

19 point whuppin by North Carolina (hey, there were within 6 late, right?????)

And tonight, blown out by very average Houston team by 26 (but it was a road game, right????)

22.5 point average margin for loses.

Hogs! Are! Back!

woo pigs, etc.

lynbug

Yeah, I was thinking about the fact that we have played three pretty good teams with notable coaches (OK, NC and Houston) and we have lost two of three.  I realize they were road games, but got to admit I'm a little let down right now.

alohawg

At Arkansas we don't always lose, but when we do, we get our doors blown off...
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

FineAsSwine

Quote from: alohawg on December 02, 2017, 08:53:21 pm
At Arkansas we don't always lose, but when we do, we get our doors blown off...

I'm not happy about the loss but that was a funny line. Thanks for the laugh.
Hogs up! Covid down!

oldbooniehog

Quote from: lynbug on December 02, 2017, 08:53:16 pm
Yeah, I was thinking about the fact that we have played three pretty good teams with notable coaches (OK, NC and Houston) and we have lost two of three.  I realize they were road games, but got to admit I'm a little let down right now.

Dude. There is NO reason to be let down!

Just look at the past 20 years of Hog basketball.

There's every reason to EXPECT this kind of result, based on the last two decades!

Do. Not. Feel. Let. Down!

This IS Razorback Basketball!

panchodeana

I hope the players are embarrassed by their performance tonight. They absolutely got drilled in every facet of the game. This team is good when they play hard and bring it, when they don't, you get what we saw tonight, which was one of weakest performances by a Hog team in a long time. Though to watch. Long flight home.

rwspear

haha the clowns are out in force

two data points is definitely statistically relevant

alohawg

Quote from: panchodeana on December 02, 2017, 08:59:13 pm
I hope the players are embarrassed by their performance tonight. They absolutely got drilled in every facet of the game. This team is good when they play hard and bring it, when they don't, you get what we saw tonight, which was one of weakest performances by a Hog team in a long time. Though to watch. Long flight home.

I said in the game thread- if I were coach I'd put up a sign they had to see everyday that read 'Respect?' and under it post the results of every loss.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: oldbooniehog on December 02, 2017, 08:58:31 pm
Dude. There is NO reason to be let down!

Just look at the past 20 years of Hog basketball.

There's every reason to EXPECT this kind of result, based on the last two decades!

Do. Not. Feel. Let. Down!

This IS Razorback Basketball!
I just heard someone say UCONN will finish above Houston, so you gotta put 4 teams down.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: oldbooniehog on December 02, 2017, 08:49:19 pm
Hogs average margin of defeat is 22.5 points.

19 point whuppin by North Carolina (hey, there were within 6 late, right?????)

And tonight, blown out by very average Houston team by 26 (but it was a road game, right????)

22.5 point average margin for loses.

Hogs! Are! Back!

woo pigs, etc.
What's the average margin of victory? Asking for a friend...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The Hogfather

That was a terrible performance.  I think they didn't take Houston seriously.  To be honest, if I saw the man bun guy warming up on the other end of the court, it would be hard for me to take them too seriously as well.  Their guys had career games and we didn't show up.  Not a good combo.

alohawg

It just made it worse seeing Mr.  man bun throw a chicken wing to clear out for a shot and instead of the obvious offensive foul, gets and1.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

HawgsPolo

Quote from: lynbug on December 02, 2017, 08:53:16 pm

Kevin Ollie has a championship remember
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

masondh

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 03, 2017, 09:23:38 am

Turns out if you only look at the games we won we look good and if you only look at the games we lost we look bad. Who would have thought?!

niels_boar

The UNC game was a two-possession game with three minutes left when our three top scorers all missed at least one half of a half.  The final score was a distortion.  The Houston game, however, wasn't as close as the score.  Neither was the 17-point loss that #5 UF suffered tonight at home.  I don't think the Gators are going to pack it in for the season either. 

The average margin of defeat for UNC is 18.  With any luck we can lose the next couple by only a couple of points apiece and pass them.  That will make everybody feel better than winning the next two and still have the stain of an average margin of defeat of 22.5.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

HawgsPolo

Still #8 in espn RPI and #5 in SOS. A loss is a loss whether it be by one or 50. The margin is insignificant.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HawgsPolo on December 05, 2017, 12:00:34 pm
Still #8 in espn RPI and #5 in SOS. A loss is a loss whether it be by one or 50. The margin is insignificant.

If those RPI and SOS numbers hold, we would be solidly in the tournament with 19-20 wins.
Hogs up! Covid down!