Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn fans warming up to sending Gus packing

Started by HeyHogs, December 02, 2017, 04:55:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

LawyerHog50

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Uncommon

My god.  Auburn is getting embarrassed and only down 3 at half?  Of course, whoever posted that probably just has not found any happiness in life.

Arkansas Fan

Yet you idiots want him here with much less talent to work with...

hogsmash12

Quote from Auburn grad mom :  "Gus wins when he is lucky. It is not because he is any good. We have been the training job for this high school coach. I will blame Jacobs forever for saddling us with a coach who had to learn on the job and has never lived up to the hype."  - sounds like a content fan base...

LawyerHog50

Quote from: hogsmash12 on December 02, 2017, 05:00:54 pm
Quote from Auburn grad mom :  "Gus wins when he is lucky. It is not because he is any good. We have been the training job for this high school coach. I will blame Jacobs forever for saddling us with a coach who had to learn on the job and has never lived up to the hype."  - sounds like a content fan base...

Lolz
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

ZiaHog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 02, 2017, 04:59:53 pm

Still don't understand this logic. Why even be a fan? Can't get talent to come here. Can't win without talent. Just lay down and die. Why should we even care?

Uncommon

Let's work on that anger a bit.

Good.  His time at Auburn will have worked the kinks out then.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: ZiaHog on December 02, 2017, 05:02:08 pm
Still don't understand this logic. Why even be a fan? Can't get talent to come here. Can't win without talent. Just lay down and die. Why should we even care?

i was thinking this earlier but i decided it wasn't worth arguing. This coach is no 2 in the country but he can only give us at most 5 wins.

Kevin

That is why they are nuts. Little brother syndrome.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LawyerHog50

'Zactly

Arkansas Fan

Gus has had two 8-5 (one of those almost 7-6, see 2016 LSU game) and a 7-6 season at AU with all that talent. Yet he's gonna come here and win titles?

ur

Wonder if aub returned the contract to Jimmy signed? They may pull it if not.

alohawg

I HATE auburn, but really hope they win this and keep gus.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 02, 2017, 05:05:28 pm
Gus has had two 8-5 (one of those almost 7-6, see 2016 LSU game) and a 7-6 season at AU with all that talent. Yet he's gonna come here and win titles?

No one is saying he will win titles.  Get over it damn. Arkansas hasn't won crap in about 3 decades in football.  We would like to have someone that can give us something similar to Bobby Petrino.  We didn't win crap with him either, but he made us an actual contender in a SEC that is stacked with top 10 talent all over.  I believe Gus can get us pretty close to what we had with Petrino. An average of about 8 wins a season and we play tough with everyone. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ZiaHog

It's almost like they're in the SEC west, and they're NOT Alabama. Huh. I forgot that any down years as a coach mean you're an idiot.

Here's an analogy: a PROVEN hilarious comedian tries to create a TV show. Now he's surrounded by a bunch of big wig producers who watch his every move, and edit any idea he has down to crud. All of a sudden he seems very unfunny. I personally think that's what's going on at Auburn. Gus is the type of guy that seems to need the power. We can give him the reigns here.

Do I want Gus? Not really. But to suggest he'd just come lay an egg is silly.

trok24

Anyone who even mentions Petrino should be banned .. that freaking arrogant embarrassing horny toad lied and thought he could get away with it. I'd rather lose every game wit BB .  I'm sorry I'm not a win at all cost . Heck I wanted Norvell then maybe Gus. At this point I'd take Anyone who wants be a Hog the rite way

(notOM)Rebel123

Titles? We just need to get back to being respectable first.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rzrbackramsfan

Without Gus, Auburn wouldn't be $&@$ these last few years.

hogsanity

Quote from: Kevin on December 02, 2017, 05:04:55 pm
That is why they are nuts. Little brother syndrome.

As opposed to Hog fans red headed stepchild syndrome.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hog N Bama

I told some Auburn friends of mine here that they are on and off THE GUS BUS so much, the aisle floor is worn out ;D

Danimal

Quote from: alohawg on December 02, 2017, 05:08:03 pm
I HATE auburn, but really hope they win this and keep gus.
I'm afraid we're not gonna be that lucky.

hogcods8

247Hog

I'm watching for Hyperdrive to come back and tell me when the extension is going to be released? After AU loses? Yeah, that'd make tons more sense.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

King Kong

He is going to come here and win 7-10 each year yes

JONAS

Not me.  I want Norvell or Kiffin.

King Kong

Quote from: hogcods8 on December 02, 2017, 06:07:50 pm
They callin Gus a moron over there!!!

Beat the #1 2 out of 3 weeks. Name the last coach to do that ever.

Justagp

rljjr

His offense is garbage. I hate it with a passion and it's not built to win titles. Bring on Norvell.

HogNTX

Like it or not Gus is an elite coach and he has been at every level he has been on including the SEC West. How any rational human being who loves the Razorbacks can say they don't want him because he can't do at Fayetteville what he has done at Auburn absolutely confounds me.

How do you know he won't be successful??? Has Auburn sucked in the past... absolutely. Have we... yes. The common factor is the coach!!! Plus you have to realize Gus would be recruiting player to come to his home and you'd think that would improve his recruiting because he loves it here so he'll know that they will too.

Is Fayetteville as close to recruiting hotbeds as Auburn... no. But the world has shrunk with technology and lil Billy from LA or Miami or Maine is a FaceTime call from being home again in their minds. Sure it's not dads brosket and moms mashed potatoes but they'll get that too over the breaks just like they would at their in state school.

Most of the time players want to play for winners and Gus is exactly that... a winner. Sure they commit to a school but they really commit to a program, a system, and even a coach.

If Gus is our next coach that is going to be awesome because he's a proven winner and recruiter who considers Arkansas home. I hate everything about how he came last time and the argument over who initiated what and who got the short end of the deal and what promises were made and broken is a debate you're welcome to have. One thing is for sure... everybody got screwed in the deal and the kids paid the highest price. When adults play like children everyone gets hurt. BUT that's the past and you can't dwell on hurt and get healthy again. It's time to move forward and focus on the future of Razorback football and that future is exciting especially when you consider the quality of coaches we are have interested in taking us into that future!

Kevin

Hard for me to bash Gus today. His top running backs where unavailable today. Not too many going to win without those guys
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rljjr

Quote from: HogNTX on December 02, 2017, 06:21:03 pm
Like it or not Gus is an elite coach and he has been at every level he has been on including the SEC West. How any rational human being who loves the Razorbacks can say they don't want him because he can't do at Fayetteville what he has done at Auburn absolutely confounds me.

How do you know he won't be successful??? Has Auburn sucked in the past... absolutely. Have we... yes. The common factor is the coach!!! Plus you have to realize Gus would be recruiting player to come to his home and you'd think that would improve his recruiting because he loves it here so he'll know that they will too.

Is Fayetteville as close to recruiting hotbeds as Auburn... no. But the world has shrunk with technology and lil Billy from LA or Miami or Maine is a FaceTime call from being home again in their minds. Sure it's not dads brosket and moms mashed potatoes but they'll get that too over the breaks just like they would at their in state school.

Most of the time players want to play for winners and Gus is exactly that... a winner. Sure they commit to a school but they really commit to a program, a system, and even a coach.

If Gus is our next coach that is going to be awesome because he's a proven winner and recruiter who considers Arkansas home. I hate everything about how he came last time and the argument over who initiated what and who got the short end of the deal and what promises were made and broken is a debate you're welcome to have. One thing is for sure... everybody got screwed in the deal and the kids paid the highest price. When adults play like children everyone gets hurt. BUT that's the past and you can't dwell on hurt and get healthy again. It's time to move forward and focus on the future of Razorback football and that future is exciting especially when you consider the quality of coaches we are have interested in taking us into that future!

Holy cow. He is NOT elite!!!

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: 247Hog on December 02, 2017, 06:11:24 pm
I'm watching for Hyperdrive to come back and tell me when the extension is going to be released? After AU loses? Yeah, that'd make tons more sense.

At least there won't be any distraction!

lol
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.