Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn vs Georgia Game thread

Started by checkraiser88, December 02, 2017, 03:00:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Citizen2729 on December 02, 2017, 04:21:27 pm
Exactly.. If Gus can't get them, who can? If you have a name then guess what...they won't stay. Gus is the best option to be at Arkansas that wants to be here and wont leave after having some success.

Won't leave if he is mediocre either.  Why do we care so much about how badly they want  to be here?   Coaches should be hired guns.  Not personal hires. 

At least officials caught Gus on that second down pass.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

checkraiser88

grayhawg

How did this crew officiate the SEC championship game?

checkraiser88

We are one half away from Gus boys

myriad_rocker

I think Kirby has a part-time gig as that Dr. Pepper commercial guy.

Oliver

jst01

That dude should be ashamed he just showed the nation that pathetic throwing form.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: jst01 on December 02, 2017, 04:40:27 pm
That dude should be ashamed he just showed the nation that pathetic throwing form.

He must have kept one eye closed........he was about a foot left of center.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HogNTX

Like it or not Gus is an elite coach and he has been at every level he has been on including the SEC West. How any rational human being who loves the Razorbacks can say they don't want him because he can't do at Fayetteville what he has done at Auburn absolutely confounds me.

How do you know he won't be successful??? Has Auburn sucked in the past... absolutely. Have we... yes. The common factor is the coach!!! Plus you have to realize Gus would be recruiting player to come to his home and you'd think that would improve his recruiting because he loves it here so he'll know that they will too.

Is Fayetteville as close to recruiting hotbeds as Auburn... no. But the world has shrunk with technology and lil Billy from LA or Miami or Maine is a FaceTime call from being home again in their minds. Sure it's not dads brosket and moms mashed potatoes but they'll get that too over the breaks just like they would at their in state school.

Most of the time players want to play for winners and Gus is exactly that... a winner. Sure they commit to a school but they really commit to a program, a system, and even a coach.

If Gus is our next coach that is going to be awesome because he's a proven winner and recruiter who considers Arkansas home. I hate everything about how he came last time and the argument over who initiated what and who got the short end of the deal and what promises were made and broken is a debate you're welcome to have. One thing is for sure... everybody got screwed in the deal and the kids paid the highest price. When adults play like children everyone gets hurt. BUT that's the past and you can't dwell on hurt and get healthy again. It's time to move forward and focus on the future of Razorback football and that future is exciting especially when you consider the quality of coaches we are have interested in taking us into that future!

Atlhogfan1

If Gus is hired then expectations and standards should be very high for him.  I doubt they will be once hired though   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Cave City Joe

Quote from: HogNTX on December 02, 2017, 04:57:23 pm
Like it or not Gus is an elite coach and he has been at every level he has been on including the SEC West. How any rational human being who loves the Razorbacks can say they don't want him because he can't do at Fayetteville what he has done at Auburn absolutely confounds me.

How do you know he won't be successful??? Has Auburn sucked in the past... absolutely. Have we... yes. The common factor is the coach!!! Plus you have to realize Gus would be recruiting player to come to his home and you'd think that would improve his recruiting because he loves it here so he'll know that they will too.

Is Fayetteville as close to recruiting hotbeds as Auburn... no. But the world has shrunk with technology and lil Billy from LA or Miami or Maine is a FaceTime call from being home again in their minds. Sure it's not dads brosket and moms mashed potatoes but they'll get that too over the breaks just like they would at their in state school.

Most of the time players want to play for winners and Gus is exactly that... a winner. Sure they commit to a school but they really commit to a program, a system, and even a coach.

If Gus is our next coach that is going to be awesome because he's a proven winner and recruiter who considers Arkansas home. I hate everything about how he came last time and the argument over who initiated what and who got the short end of the deal and what promises were made and broken is a debate you're welcome to have. One thing is for sure... everybody got screwed in the deal and the kids paid the highest price. When adults play like children everyone gets hurt. BUT that's the past and you can't dwell on hurt and get healthy again. It's time to move forward and focus on the future of Razorback football and that future is exciting especially when you consider the quality of coaches we are have interested in taking us into that future!

This is a game thread not a Gus love fess
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Citizen2729

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 04:23:30 pm
Won't leave if he is mediocre either.  Why do we care so much about how badly they want  to be here?   Coaches should be hired guns.  Not personal hires. 

At least officials caught Gus on that second down pass.

The whole "he won't leave" thing is fake news. Coaches don't decide when they are hired or fired. If he all of a sudden turns into a turd  then he gets fired like anyone else.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Citizen2729 on December 02, 2017, 05:02:35 pm
The whole "he won't leave" thing is fake news. Coaches don't decide when they are hired or fired. If he all of a sudden turns into a turd  then he gets fired like anyone else.

Sure if he failed badly enough. 
It would have to be a big stinking prolonged turd.  Mediocrity would keep him around. 

Oliver

WAY TO start the half off crappy Georgia

Biggus Piggus

Auburn's mojo ain't working today.
[CENSORED]!

Atlhogfan1

Little bit of justice since Uga should have 14 pts right now. 

And another BS call against Uga.

Oliver

Georgia needs to score again.  Their defense isn't holding Auburn to 7

TNhawgfan

UGA has got the short end of the calls, but the chop block was horrendous!
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

N HOG

This officiating crew is just killing Georgia.

So very much SEC.

N HOG

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 02, 2017, 05:21:12 pm
UGA has got the short end of the calls, but the chop block was horrendous!

Huh?

TNhawgfan

Only thing worse are the SEC basketball refs

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 02, 2017, 05:14:33 pm
Auburn's mojo ain't working today.

But they have the refs working for them.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

TNhawgfan

Quote from: N HOG on December 02, 2017, 05:22:08 pm
Huh?
Whatever you want to call the low block they called on Georgia last drive

Dark Helmet Hog

Georgia getting duped by the refs.

Oliver

REFs will screw us even in games we aren't playing

Granny fan

The officiating in this game is terrible. I'm old and half blind and I can see that!

Oliver

apcapri

This game is so boring...Gus bus stuck in 1st gear.

jst01

razorbrass

Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

bphi11ips

Just remembered how much I hate Auburn.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

redhogchilipepper

He's tired and hurt feel bad for him he's a monster

Oliver

TNhawgfan

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: apcapri on December 02, 2017, 05:39:15 pm

Great football.  Both sides of the ball for both teams challenged to have success. Not that B 12 AAC nonsense. 

ipigsooie

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 05:46:25 pm
Great football.  Both sides of the ball for both teams challenged to have success. Not that B 12 AAC nonsense.

I'm thinking the big 12 team I saw today would beat either of these teams. Oklahoma looks good.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 05:46:25 pm

My thought exactly.

Hog Milanese

I think better than us hiring Gus is Gus losing the SECCG, choosing to stay at Auburn, and getting canned next year

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: ipigsooie on December 02, 2017, 05:47:39 pm
I'm thinking the big 12 team I saw today would beat either of these teams. Oklahoma looks good.

Have to disagree. OU hasn't seen a defense like either one.

Been10Hog

Tried to explain to Hyperdrive why the team that lost the first game ALWAYS has the advantage in the rematch. They may not always win but have the advantage. Can't teach a Barner

Kevin

Johnson not healthy is really hurting the tigers
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Kevin on December 02, 2017, 05:48:50 pm
Johnson not healthy is really hurting the tigers

That and Kirby made some darn good adjustments after the last game.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: apcapri on December 02, 2017, 05:39:15 pm
Put down you X Box controller and watch some real football buddy boy.

TNhawgfan

We would blow this 14 point 4th quarter lead. Will Georgia?

Been10Hog

Hyperdrive, maybe y'all can hire the Tenner search firm to get your next coach! LMAO!!

razorbrass

How is Auburn coached any better than Arkansas?  Sure they win more games but they have better players.  Georgia has a better game plan and Auburn has no answer or adjustment.  If we wanted to settle for that we should have just kept Bert.  Unenthused about the prospect of Malzahn as coach.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Atlhogfan1

Look the same as always.  Finesse.

bphi11ips

Maybe. There is not one clearly superior team this year. Football is a game of matchups. Georgia may bludgeon OU with Michel and Chubb. Georgia is as close to a complete football team as there is in the NCAA.  Baker Mayfield can beat anyone when he has time to set his feet.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hog Milanese on December 02, 2017, 05:48:33 pm
I think better than us hiring Gus is Gus losing the SECCG, choosing to stay at Auburn, and getting canned next year

Please let this happen.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: razorbrass on December 02, 2017, 05:51:23 pm
How is Auburn coached any better than Arkansas?  Sure they win more games but they have better players.  Georgia has a better game plan and Auburn has no answer or adjustment.  If we wanted to settle for that we should have just kept Bert.  Unenthused about the prospect of Malzahn as coach.
Gus didn't fumble twice, Gus didn't throw the ball to the ineligble guy that was covered up, and Gus didn't allow the FG unit to cave. It's football, shite happens. That's the difference in the game.