Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn vs Georgia Game thread

Started by checkraiser88, December 02, 2017, 03:00:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jgphillips3

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 02, 2017, 03:52:12 pm
Announcer is an idiot if he thinks they tried to injury Johnson's shoulder on that play......

He was down, there was no reason for that guy to jump on and he put his hand right on the shoulder and pushed down.  Maybe it wasn't intentional but it sure looked like it to me.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: N HOG on December 02, 2017, 03:50:48 pm
So, when you tackle a guy, you are supposed to levitate above the ground rather than land on him?

He was purposely trying to injure him AFTER he had him down.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

BartIV

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 02, 2017, 03:52:12 pm
Announcer is an idiot if he thinks they tried to injury Johnson's shoulder on that play......
Agreed. The roughing passer I can get but trying to rough up Johnson, what a joke. That was just a cover up more than anything.

jst01

adroitful

Just to stir the pot, what was that red shirt Gus has on under his jacket? Almost looked like another jacket.

pigmania

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: jst01 on December 02, 2017, 03:38:34 pm
Gus could coach here for 15 years and odds are his DL would never be as good as Auburn's is this year.

Gus can't get the defensive recruits to Arkansas like he can at AU. Gus without a good defense is a 7-6/8-5 coach, like he's already done three years at AU. At Arkansas, that makes Gus a 6-6 or worse coach.

We don't need that.

Oliver

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

checkraiser88

BartIV

Quote from: Oliver on December 02, 2017, 03:56:13 pm
This weekend is going to suck
I hear that. Don't give up hope. Auburn can still lose.

HoggusMaximus

Oliver

jst01

Quote from: Oliver on December 02, 2017, 03:56:13 pm
This weekend is going to suck

Nah, Hogs are gonna hire a coach that will be levels above BB. Gonna be alright

HoggusMaximus

pigmania

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 02, 2017, 03:55:40 pm
Gus can't get the defensive recruits to Arkansas like he can at AU. Gus without a good defense is a 7-6/8-5 coach, like he's already done three years at AU. At Arkansas, that makes Gus a 6-6 or worse coach.

We don't need that.

If Gus can't get defensive recruits here, then no one else can either. We're just little podunk Arkansas. Just bring in whoever as a coach, it doesn't matter in podunk Arky.

HogNTX

Quote from: jst01 on December 02, 2017, 03:58:35 pm
Nah, Hogs are gonna hire a coach that will be levels above BB. Gonna be alright

Absolutely... I'd love to Malzahn and I think he is definitely the best of the bunch but Venables, Norvell, Kiffin, or even Morris is an improvement over B.B. at this point.

HoggusMaximus

N HOG

Georgia may win, but I have concluded there is no team in the country that is stronger up front, on both sides of the ball, than Auburn. Clemson DL would be in the mix.

Wooderson

We don't need that.

This is such a bs argument.  So are you saying that Venables, Leach, Lane Kiffin or Mike Norvell would take Auburn to greater heights than Gus has?  I don't think they can.  Therefore we shouldn't expect those guys to win more than what?  5 or 6 games?
Give me liberty, or give me death!

BartIV

Today, we are all Dawg fans Mr. President.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HoggusMaximus

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

hawginbigd1

We don't need that.
My thoughts exactly, why I want him to stay at Aubbie, plus it will take a MOAB to get him out of here just like Hooty.

Arkansas Fan

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Listening to the Auburn radio announcers is hilarious... Every thing UGA does and the excitement just disappears...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Wooderson

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 02, 2017, 04:02:55 pm
My thoughts exactly, why I want him to stay at Aubbie, plus it will take a MOAB to get him out of here just like Hooty.

So if Gus is a 6-6 coach here, then what would Venables, Kiffin, Norvell, or Leach be?  4-8?

Oliver

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Oliver

Quote from: Wooderson on December 02, 2017, 04:05:32 pm
So if Gus is a 6-6 coach here, then what would Venables, Kiffin, Norvell, or Leach be?  4-8?

Guys I don't want Nick Saban coming here.  He'd probably only win 9 to 10 games per year.

HoggusMaximus

We don't need that.

Want some cheese with that whine?

Biggus Piggus

I just heard the phrase "great play call by Jim Chaney." Now I am disoriented.
[CENSORED]!

pigmania

UGA just scored! Aubbie is ready to fire Gus again!

ipigsooie

Frost's contract situation broke in the middle of his game. I wonder if Gus`s renewal will in the middle of his?

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Wooderson on December 02, 2017, 04:05:32 pm

Gus does less with more. Arkansas needs a guy that can do more with less, that ain't Gussy poo.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Wooderson on December 02, 2017, 04:01:15 pm
This is such a bs argument.  So are you saying that Venables, Leach, Lane Kiffin or Mike Norvell would take Auburn to greater heights than Gus has?  I don't think they can.  Therefore we shouldn't expect those guys to win more than what?  5 or 6 games?
I fail to see why you and others can't see this, it seems like it would be simple, he has had 3 seasons of mediocre before now with top 5 talent. He gets a top 5 QB dropped in his lap and now he is having some success. He will be playing this same schedule without top 5 talent, just seems pretty simple to me, he is at Auburn, Auburn, Bama, and Georgia etc recruits top 20 by the name. GM has no personality I don't think he will be that good as a recruiter.

Wooderson

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 02, 2017, 04:08:29 pm
Gus does less with more. Arkansas needs a guy that can do more with less, that ain't Gussy poo.

Playing for a championship twice in five years is doing less with more?

Atlhogfan1

Kirby has planned well for this game.  They are taking away the easy yardage plays. 

BartIV

Quote from: ipigsooie on December 02, 2017, 04:07:58 pm
Frost's contract situation broke in the middle of his game. I wonder if Gus`s renewal will in the middle of his?
I can see this. Problem is those contracts take hours to look over and sign. Halftime won't work. Maybe right after trophy presentation

Atlhogfan1

AU defender ran the wr into the other defender.  College refs never call that.

hawginbigd1

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 02, 2017, 04:07:23 pm
I just heard the phrase “great play call by Jim Chaney.” Now I am disoriented.

lol

BartIV

Ok, refs want Auburn to win. I convinced

Citizen2729

Quote from: pigmania on December 02, 2017, 04:00:42 pm
If Gus can't get defensive recruits here, then no one else can either. We're just little podunk Arkansas. Just bring in whoever as a coach, it doesn't matter in podunk Arky.

Exactly.. If Gus can't get them, who can? If you have a name then guess what...they won't stay. Gus is the best option to be at Arkansas that wants to be here and wont leave after having some success.

007 License To Squeal

Refs made a horrible call which cost Dawgs 4 points.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

alohawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 04:19:24 pm
AU defender ran the wr into the other defender.  College refs never call that.

Terrible call. You can thank Alabama for griping about the play that beat them.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

N HOG

What an absolutely ridiculous call.

Every conference has better officiating than the SEC.

rljjr

Georgia just got hosed for 4 points.