Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn extension

Started by Scott7703, December 02, 2017, 12:02:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott7703

There still isn't one signed or in place.

HyperDrive

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 02, 2017, 12:02:05 pm

Yes there is.  Has been since around 8pm last night.

duckman

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 12:03:04 pm

And yet, no mention at all...  Anywhere...

JONAS

Then, someone should announce it.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

007 License To Squeal

So, there you are...........but that is total BS, and you know it......
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HyperDrive

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 12:04:05 pm
Then, someone should announce it.

They will.  To minimize distraction, my guess is it'll be announced right before or right after the game.

GoPigs69

Then where is it - since you are obviously so well connected and in the know???

HyperDrive

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 02, 2017, 12:04:25 pm
So, there you are...........but that is total BS, and you know it......

I know I'm right.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 12:05:20 pm
They will.  To minimize distraction, my guess is it'll be announced right before or right after the game.

If they wanted to minimize distractions, they would have announced it last night so the team would know. To delay the announcement only allows the distraction to linger.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

LawyerHog50

the longer this goes on prior to the game, the better our odds look.

Had one actually been signed, it would have been good for the team to announce it by last night, or now, before the talking heads at ESPN make more drama out of it. One less distraction for the team ahead of the SEC championship would mean a surefire public announcement by now.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

RLWOLFEMAN

Sho Nuff

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 12:05:34 pm
I know I'm right.
And I know that you are a pretentious, self absorbed child.  At least you are getting the attention that you desire.

nwahogs

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 12:07:06 pm

Had one actually been signed, it would have been good for the team to announce it by last night, or now, before the talking heads at ESPN make more drama out of it. One less distraction for the team ahead of the SEC championship would mean a surefire public announcement by now.

The team might know

BrickTwnHog

I know I'm right.

not calling you a liar, or saying you don't know. Just curious to as why it hasn't been released?  Whats keeping them from it?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: nwahogs on December 02, 2017, 12:07:51 pm
The team might know

Then it would be out. That many youngsters can't keep a secret.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

LawyerHog50

Minimizing distraction by announcing right before the game? You want players thinking about the game right in front of them, not whats happening next month or next summer. DUMB. 

minimizing distractions by announcing after the game? Not that either. Game already over. cannot unring the bell.

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

WilsonHog

I asked about 9:00 a.m. today and was told, "We believe we are in great shape."

regi

There is no acceptable extension for Gus from AU,  and their leverage clock has timed out. To anounce it now,  is to late,  and to wait until after the outcome of the game,  goes in line with the problems Gus has with AU.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Kevin on December 02, 2017, 12:04:12 pm
So it is finally over?

The fluid of the extension is situational.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 12:07:06 pm

Why not right before they go out.. maybe the team already knew...

jst01

LawyerHog50

If he had actually signed something already, it would have been announced ASAP to prevent news like this from distracting the Auburn team:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/while-gus-malzahn-remains-focused-on-auburn-talk-of-the-arkansas-job-lingers/

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 02, 2017, 12:09:59 pm
I asked about 9:00 a.m. today and was told, "We believe we are in great shape."
Who is in great shape? Auburn or Arkansas?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

dandd TD

I don't think Hyper knows more than anyone else. If it was signed, Auburn would have put it out last night or today. Why wait, waiting hurts Awburn.
On another note, I'm not set on Gus. I personally like Kiffin.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 02, 2017, 12:10:34 pm
Why not right before they go out.. maybe the team already knew...

A team cannot keep a secret like that.

Why let that distraction linger while discussing game plans this morning?

It never happened folks.

HyperDrive

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 12:09:16 pm
Minimizing distraction by announcing right before the game? You want players thinking about the game right in front of them, not whats happening next month or next summer. DUMB. 

minimizing distractions by announcing after the game? Not that either. Game already over. cannot unring the bell.

The players will be on the field and away from phones by then.  Last time we were in the SECCG it was announced early in the day on Friday.  I'm just telling you what I think on that.  What I know is that the extension is signed and this issue is over.  If I didn't know that for certain, I would never have said anything and just stuck with explaining how him leaving wasn't happening based on logic and common sense.

HamGrowsOnTrees

I actually believe kylie.

Hope you get a new car or something.

Im not so sure its a big loss for us.

pigmania

I know I'm right.
So tell us how it feels to be omniscient? You sir must be a god.

HyperDrive

Quote from: pigmania on December 02, 2017, 12:14:44 pm
So tell us how it feels to be omniscient? You sir must be a god.

I don't need to be omniscient.  I didn't find this out in a vision.

WilsonHog

Scott7703

Boardon Hamsay

I know I'm right.

Should we go ahead and tithe to your greatness or hold off?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PigInTheHole

hyperdrive offered a ban bet ...

maybe someone should take him up on it

not it
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

dandd TD

Hyper, are you happy he is staying? I don't see selling the farm on Gus either way. Obviously, no Auburn fan would him to leave until seasons end, but do you see it as a Huge loss?

LawyerHog50

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 12:12:57 pm
The players will be on the field and away from phones by then.  Last time we were in the SECCG it was announced early in the day on Friday.  I'm just telling you what I think on that.  What I know is that the extension is signed and this issue is over.  If I didn't know that for certain, I would never have said anything and just stuck with explaining how him leaving wasn't happening based on logic and common sense.

If the message doesn't reach the players when announced right before the game, then it serves absolutely no purpose to announce right before the game. so it doesn't make sense to announce right before the game either way.

Makes even less sense to announce right after.

He might as well have announced last night so spare the talking heads at ESPN the drama-distraction.

We know you're full of it.

pigmania

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 12:15:30 pm
But you want to come in here, stir crap up without any evidence, then brag how you know what's going on.

Scott7703

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 12:12:57 pm

He may end up signing an extension at some point but as of right now it isn't signed or closed to being signed.

One final question, let's say hypothetically Gus were to board a plane tonight after the game and head to Arkansas. You at going to be here telling us the extension is sogned?

pigmania

HyperDrive needs to spend more time bathing, feeding and changing PaPa Pat's depends.

Mr. Porkleone

Justifiable Hogicide

Sexton extracting every last dollar he can from Auburn first.

Drop the Mike

One would think NOT signing it would be the distraction. By signing it and announcing it would put this discussion to bed very quickly

solitons

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 02, 2017, 12:02:05 pm
seems AUBURN really don't like Gus, what do they need, to me Gus is the best coach they can have

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Drop the Mike on December 02, 2017, 12:27:43 pm

One would think NOT signing it would be the distraction. By signing it and announcing it would put this discussion to bed very quickly

Exactly. When I woke up this morning and noticed it still had not been announced I knew it was BS. Optimum timing, if it was signed last night, was to announce it last night.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PigInTheHole on December 02, 2017, 12:16:56 pm

not it

Someone with multiple accounts should

seasonhog

All of this will be handle after today games......

If Gus did sign a contract...I would think Auburn would have announced before their game today...

By us not naming a AD yet....may tell one that the next coach is Gus.....I think he would be the only one to have a say in naming the new AD.

ballinhog

Auburn was ready to fire Gus before Georgia happened, at least the fans were anyway. That has got to weigh on Gus' mind when making this decision

100%Razorback

Quote from: PigInTheHole on December 02, 2017, 12:16:56 pm

not it

I will take that bet. Gus is Arkansas bound and bringing his defensive coordinator with him.

PigInTheHole

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 12:15:30 pm

Hyperdrive,

done deal announced today, si o no?
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."