Previous topic - Next topic

jimmur74

"Arkansas backing the Brinks truck up to Gus after SEC Championship game"

"Auburn must decide"

"Amazing its gotten to this"

" Very Tough decision for Malzahn"

Sounds like nothing was signed yesterday

EastexHawg

But HyperDrive had first hand knowledge that the contract was signed last night.  I know he did because he said so, and surely he isn't an interloping liar.  How can this be?

hog_fan

He will get 2 offers and i suspect both sides will want an answer tomorrow.

I'm a Georgia fan today.

HardCore

Quote from: hog_fan on December 02, 2017, 09:56:27 am

I'm a Georgia fan today.

Sick 'em Dawgs!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

a0ashle

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 02, 2017, 09:54:31 am
But HyperDrive had first hand knowledge that the contract was signed last night.  I know he did because he said so, and surely he isn't an interloping liar.  How can this be?

What's worse, IMO, were the regulars here who were clutching their pearls at how he was treated, as if we should give a pass on criticism to anyone who rolls up with vague information.

WilsonHog

I believe we still feel very good about where we are.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 02, 2017, 09:59:07 am

This very much seems to be the case.
This is my non-signature signature.

Count Hogula

I believe that. I know you know more than you let on... ;)

Scott7703

They feel more than good about it. At this point I'm still skeptical but that's just the hogs fan in me.

pghawg1

I hope we find out today and not tomorrow.

IronHog

He clearly wants the Hog job.

Timing couldn't be worse.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

bville_hog

If they lose, Auburn won't offer him anything. They will help him pack.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: a0ashle on December 02, 2017, 09:58:32 am

What's worse, IMO, were the regulars here who were clutching their pearls at how he was treated, as if we should give a pass on criticism to anyone who rolls up with vague information.

If you wanna know how they think down at Auburn look no further than Pat Dye's comments the other day.

Pat Dye, when asked how the marriage between Gus and Auburn has been said "It's been up and down. But he's on solid footing NOW."

As for administration historical displeasure in his job performance and how Gus feels about it, Coach Dye said "I think Gus is past that."

Not to mention, all is forgiven because he beat Georgia & Alabama.

What about next time if he doesn't?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hog_fan on December 02, 2017, 09:56:27 am

I'm a Georgia fan today.

Me too...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 02, 2017, 10:10:24 am

They feel more than good about it. At this point I'm still skeptical but that's just the hogs fan in me.

Bingo. It's built into our Razorback DNA. The very moment we do our first Hog Call as children it is stamped into us. I do believe either way, Malzahn wants to be here. But, Auburn is playing great & next year they may be even better. Very difficult decision for sure.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on December 02, 2017, 10:20:05 am
Bingo. It's built into our Razorback DNA. The very moment we do our first Hog Call as children it is stamped into us. I do believe either way, Malzahn wants to be here. But, Auburn is playing great & next year they may be even better. Very difficult decision for sure.

We've lost a couple big name coaches to Alabama schools previously.

It's now genetic memory.

Art Vandelay

Quote from: bville_hog on December 02, 2017, 10:12:43 am

This, he will be run out on a rail for costing them a national championship. His flirting with Arkansas distracted everyone and cost them their rightful place at the top.

They are .500 all time against Vanderbilt and yet they think they are a top 5 program.

Paul

Quote from: bville_hog on December 02, 2017, 10:12:43 am
"you'll get nothing & like it!"  Judge Smails

20gauge

He made it sound like we are about to pay him Jimbo money

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: a0ashle on December 02, 2017, 09:58:32 am

And that troll turd he brought with him, whipped down in 5 posts...
I've had better. ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

#1 STUNNA

with Arkansas luck on elite talents... i can't help but feel like this is gonna be a let down like monk to Kentucky and DGB to mizzou

hogfanmd

I'm just amazed Arkansas is putting up the money 💰 and playing with the big boys.  Spending 17 mill to clean house then "backing up the brinks truck" plus the stadium expansion.    I bet the price of Frito pie and beer goes up

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 02, 2017, 10:32:28 am
with Arkansas luck on elite talents... i can't help but feel like this is gonna be a let down like monk to Kentucky and DGB to mizzou

You can't even put DGB and Monk in the same ballpark.

Monk was much much worse.

pghawg1

D B G had a fine career at Missouri...

go hogues

The whole reason we're still "searching".

We're in a holding pattern until the game clock reads 0 tonight.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Al Boarland

"Schlabach graduated from the University of Georgia. He is a member of Sigma Nu fraternity. He spent nine years at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, covering University of Georgia, the Southeastern Conference, the NFL, and NASCAR. Later, Schlabach spent two years at The Washington Post covering college football, college basketball, and boxing."

Big Boi

Gus/Sexton have all the power they need. I suspect they will want an agreement in place b4 the SEC Championship. If they lose Auburn won't feel it has to keep him. If he wins UA can't wait until his season is a wrap to make announcement so we move on.  So I believe it has to be tonight for Gus on either side.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 02, 2017, 09:51:59 am
"Arkansas backing the Brinks truck up to Gus after SEC Championship game"

"Auburn must decide"

"Amazing its gotten to this"

" Very Tough decision for Malzahn"

Sounds like nothing was signed yesterday

Schlaback just reads what Sexton writes.

rljjr

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 02, 2017, 10:10:24 am

Well, we've seen our share of fumbles in the red zone. I'm with you. It's never over until they call the hogs -- and make it past the 24-hour point (DANA!!!).

HogNTX

Were either going to have the resolution or the escalation of drama after the SEC championship game!

bosshog84

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 02, 2017, 09:54:31 am

Because he scare we are about to take his coach.

regi

I live in Atlanta,  was at our Christmas party in Marietta last night.  Talked to several AU people (as they like to be called). They are not all in on Gus.  Just they way it is. The bust in Jeremy Johnson is a big part of it. Also getting Houston Nutted and almost forced to give up play calling,  than asked to make a move on Lashley,  and get someone with more experience.  Lack of respect, on and off the hot seat constantly,  is a real issue.

a0ashle

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 02, 2017, 10:14:00 am
If you wanna know how they think down at Auburn look no further than Pat Dye's comments the other day.

Pat Dye, when asked how the marriage between Gus and Auburn has been said "It's been up and down. But he's on solid footing NOW."

As for administration historical displeasure in his job performance and how Gus feels about it, Coach Dye said "I think Gus is past that."

Not to mention, all is forgiven because he beat Georgia & Alabama.

What about next time if he doesn't?

No argument from me, I was talking about the posters who were salting over hyperdrive getting treated like a troll, when he was obviously trolling.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: a0ashle on December 02, 2017, 11:39:04 am
No argument from me, I was talking about the posters who were salting over hyperdrive getting treated like a troll, when he was obviously trolling.

That wasn't aimed at you, just kind of a statement in support.

a0ashle

FANONTHEHILL

It's been a long week without a coach in place, but with Malzahn, Norvell, or Venables likely to be next head coach, there is no reason not to be excited about the future.  Expect a press conference Monday.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015