Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jumbo Fisher to A&M...will not coach this weekend

Started by Airforcehawg, December 01, 2017, 12:25:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Airforcehawg

Pig in the Pokey

A&M thinks they won the lotto but really they just hired Franchione2.0

I predict no Titles and Sumlin's winning percentage is higher even 3 years into the Jimbo regime.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ADavisTheGOAT

I don't get the infatuation with A&M. College Station sucks!
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

CountryHam

Wish we could get a Christmas tree tell about our coach.

Airforcehawg

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on December 01, 2017, 12:25:52 pm
I spent a week there this summer I thought it was pretty chill myself.

Anyway Jimbo getting a Big fat raise and doesn't have to fire his peeps at FSU. The firing ultimatum and the long term contract are the reasons he is going IMO. It sure isn't good news for us.

jgphillips3

They just got better.  He can recruit and he knows the SEC.  Not saying it's a for sure Home run but he will do better than Sumlin did.

100%Razorback

BroyledNutts

Recruiting Texas just got a lot tougher for Arkansas ... this changes the coaching search dynamic ... Now we will have to get Gus, Sumlin, Kiffin, etc.  - No up and comer is going to out-recruit Fisher in Texas ...

HF#1

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 01, 2017, 12:33:00 pm
Recruiting Texas just got a lot tougher for Arkansas ... this changes the coaching search dynamic ... Now we will have to get Gus, Sumlin, Kiffin, etc.  - No up and comer is going to out-recruit Fisher in Texas ...

No way to know. If Norvell is as good as his supporters claim, he may do well enough.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

emdavenp

Not a big Jimbo fan. I think he's overrated.

FSU is an NFL Machine and has been for as long as I can remember. But I can remember many games in which teams took FSU down to the wire, only for them to squeeze it out. They have consistently played to the level of their opponent. The only game I remember them truly blowing someone out was that year the won the NC and went to Clemson.

shshark00

Good hire, but no matter how deep my pockets went, I don't know that I'd be willing to pay Sumlin's buyout plus Fisher's contract. They better hope he produces because, if not, this might be the single most expensive coaching change in history.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Hell, They can still only get 25 of em boys..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

31to6

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on December 01, 2017, 12:25:52 pm
Jimbo is infatuated with having a job. FSU fans want him gone. Not surprised he is leaving town one step ahead of the posse.

HogPharmer

I see Kiffin to FSU now.... I think he would fit in well there.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 01, 2017, 01:10:38 pm

Yep ... good call ...

Dear God, Chad Morris is getting closer to Fayetteville ...

sickboy

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 01, 2017, 12:41:20 pm
JIMBO is NOT who ya'll think he is. If he were , WHY ARE THESE FSU players threatening to transfer if he stays at FSU??

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-florida-state-players-threatening-transfer-jimbo-fisher-stays/

Might have something to do with the fact that he's had one foot out the door the last three years in a row. A&M got a home run hire. You don't just pluck a National Championship coach from one of the top five programs in the country every day.

elksnort

Yeah, what is going on at FSU?

With the alleged talent that they have there, just losing a starting QB should not make the team play so crappy for the remainder of the season. Something is not right in Tallahassee.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 01, 2017, 01:11:47 pm
Yep ... good call ...

Dear God, Chad Morris is getting closer to Fayetteville ...
Not true. Dallas is 4.5 hours from Fayetteville. Memphis is closer to 5.  ;D

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: elksnort on December 01, 2017, 01:23:12 pm

With the alleged talent that they have there, just losing a starting QB should not make the team play so crappy for the remainder of the season. Something is not right in Tallahassee.
they'll be alright tho. They have tired of Jimbo's schtick. They'll get Lane or Sumlin now.

elksnort

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 01, 2017, 01:24:16 pm
Not true. Dallas is 4.5 hours from Fayetteville. Memphis is closer to 5.  ;D
Are you joking? Memphis is no more than 5+ hours from the hill.

Damn Pokey,

You corrected so quickly it messed me up.

island hog

the Ags will rue the day they gave him a 10 year contract ... that's $75mm if true!!  He is not worth that...it's their way of saying " see there shorthorns, whatever you can do... we can do better!"  It's a pecker fight. 

HogPharmer

Quote from: elksnort on December 01, 2017, 01:23:12 pm

Blame it on the hurricanes. Miami and Irma
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hogoffate

I give props to FSU administration for telling him he needs to make a decision one way or the other.
After Saturday,  we / Auburn need to do the same to Gus.

razorbrass

Sumlin left a dumpster fire and TPTB just poured gasoline on it.  Could be interesting.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

kennypig

Fisher gets a 10 year deal worth $75 million from TA&M.
Instead of playing Miami, Louiville, Clemson & Florida every year,
lets see how he does against Alabama, Auburn, LSU, MS St, Arkansas & Ole Miss every year.
And if he wins the SEC West, he's looking at probably Georgia, Florida, or S Carolina in the SEC championship game.
And that's for the next 10 years.
Personally, I'm impressed with him as a recruiter (as I am with most anyone other than Arkansas), but not as a coach.

jesterzzn

Justagp

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 01, 2017, 01:10:38 pm
Unfortunately, I agree.

GoHogs1091

The last time Malzahn faced Fisher (I believe the only time he has faced Fisher), he lost to Fisher.

Malzahn here at Arkansas might do well against Ole Miss and Mississippi State, but it might be tough sledding for Malzahn as Hogs HC against the rest of the SEC.

razorbrock

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

hogsmash12

A&M is going to be a train wreck with that 10 year $75 million contract with Jimbo.  They will be gnashing their teeth by year 3.

kodiakisland

So who has better talent?  A&M or FSU?  I would guess A&M has a harder schedule than FSU.  If so, he will need better talent at A&M than he had at FSU.  In the end might not be much more successful than Sumlin was, but had Sumlin won just one more game each year he would probably still be there.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

TexHog188

I don't buy this. It's not like we were routinely beating aTm for 4 & 5 star recruits and they still have the same number of scholarships. We get our guy and we can be fine. Go Hogs.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody