Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WJOX in Birmingham reporting Currie out at Tenner...

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, December 01, 2017, 08:46:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

December 01, 2017, 08:46:38 am Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:13:07 pm by OneTuskOverTheLine™
 Does that explain, exacerbate or make the way clear for Leach to Tenner..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ipigsooie

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

The Boar War

Quote from: ipigsooie on December 01, 2017, 08:49:50 am
What a darn show.

Yeah.  What kind of second rate clown show would fire an AD when you're looking for a head football coach?

BR

The reporter that originally posted it on Twitter, has deleted her tweet. 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

jrulz83

I've thrown my name in the coaching ring Tenner, now I'm throwing it in the AD ring.

5 year contract at $950k per $10 mil mutual buyout.

Hit me up.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

SquidBilly

If I were him I'd be happy to be gone.  Tennesse=Chernobyl

ipigsooie

Quote from: BR on December 01, 2017, 08:52:01 am
The reporter that originally posted it on Twitter, has deleted her tweet.

It's back up. Now with sources

NoogaHog

Quote from: The Boar War on December 01, 2017, 08:51:47 am
Yeah.  What kind of second rate clown show would fire an AD when you're looking for a head football coach?

Well played!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

SwinedMelon

That may be fake news... some backtracking going on.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

BR

NOW IT's BACK :         Chynna Greene‏ @ChynnaGreene

#BREAKING: According to sources, UTAD John Currie has been fired after only 8 months on the job

Gonzo

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Polecat on December 01, 2017, 08:51:07 am
Currie

They don't tell you how he spells it on the radio...LOL... Now Bear-it-Sally is tweeting that the previous report was B.S.

My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

SquidBilly

Technically we fired our AD before we fired our coach.  ;)

HyperDrive

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 01, 2017, 08:46:38 am
Does that explain, exacerbate or make the way clear for Leach to Tenner..?

I think it actually may throw a wrench in it and clear the way for Leach to be named the next head coach at Arkansas.

Polecat

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 01, 2017, 08:53:25 am
They don't tell you how he spells it on the radio...LOL... Now Bear-it-Sally is tweeting that the previous report was B.S.

Oh man, this sounds kind like the news with Gragg yesterday. Everybody trying to scoop each other
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

OneTuskOverTheLine™

GBHawg

This almost made me spit out my coffee.  Too funny,

rljjr

Sometimes you have to appreciate the little things in life.

Academic

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 01, 2017, 08:55:13 am
I think it actually may throw a wrench in it and clear the way for Leach to be named the next head coach at Arkansas.

Please be true!

OneLardAlmighty

Maybe they should hire JCP.  Apparently she's good at coaching searches.

TrueBlue

AND Tenner reclaims the lead going into the clubhouse for the biggest dumpster fire in college athletics.

duckman

Arkansas is a dumpster fire

Tennessee:  hold my beer...

TrueBlue

I heard from Hogville it is hard to hire a HC if you don't have an AD in place. Might be tough on 'ole Tenner.

Craig O Squeal

How far down the line did they have to go to get Steph Curry to say no?

rljjr

Quote from: duckman on December 01, 2017, 09:01:01 am

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be a "high profile" team. Tenner would do well to hire Leach as football coach and AD -- just call it a day and fire him after 5 years when they realize he's never going to win more than 8 games and still lose to Florida, Georgia and Bama.

nwahogs

HF#1

This is crazy. Currie was on the verge of making all this go away by hiring a pretty legit coach, and gets fired because he doesn't approve it with the Chancellor first? Tennessee needs to clean house. Someone up there has to take the lead.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

OneTuskOverTheLine™

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: nwahogs on December 01, 2017, 09:06:02 am
Get ready for fulmer

He is well rested... If they actually had to do this, and he pulls it off, go dust off your airplane banners...

Tony Perkis

Quote from: nwahogs on December 01, 2017, 09:06:02 am
Get ready for fulmer
Reports are that he's been sabotaging the entire search process in hopes to become the new AD. Classic!

Edit: Link - https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/936614721284911104

BR

John Currie buyout to Butch Jones buyout + Greg Schiano settlement (which I expect at some point) + new coach who will want more $ this is the most expensive coaching change in history.

ur

Fulmer AD, Martin HC, Chavis or Steele DC, Sanders OC, Manning assist Dir of recruiting. Putting the band back together. Better than any other coaching option at this point.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ur on December 01, 2017, 09:55:33 am
Fulmer AD, Martin HC, Chavis or Steele DC, Sanders OC, Manning assist Dir of recruiting. Putting the band back together. Better than any other coaching option at this point.

It would make the whole mess worth it if it works...

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HyperDrive

Quote from: duckman on December 01, 2017, 09:01:01 am

Actually, your coaching search has been anything but a dumpster fire.  For all the heat this interim AD is taking, you're basically getting just faint rumors here and there about talking to this or that coach and some Gus chatter.  But nothing solid, nothing detailed or confirmed.  That is exactly how a coaching search should be - tightly held within the athletic department and a handful of close advisors and boosters who aren't yapping to the press on the side.  Little to no input or influence from the legion of armchair ADs in the fanbase who wouldn't be tasked to hire a YMCA Pee Wee team's coach, much less a major college program's.  I think you guys should be quite happy with how it's been handled so far.