Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leach to Tennessee!!!

Started by Ccwaziya, November 30, 2017, 10:03:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 30, 2017, 10:35:09 pm
You have a source or is that just what you think?

He has been saying to for a month now. But he has no source

jgcat4

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 10:33:53 pm
Bro we got Mike Norvell and that #1 offense. Plus his recruiting skill and ties are perfect for us.

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

NashvilleHog

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 30, 2017, 10:27:42 pm
Gus signs extension tomorrow, and Norvell will be announced Sunday.

I want to believe in what you are saying so badly.
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 30, 2017, 10:37:32 pm
He has been saying to for a month now. But he has no source
His recent post have been pretty stern on Gus signing the extension on Friday. But, I only went back as far as yesterday. Not sure if he predicted the date before then.

USChog

I seem to be in the minority, but I think Leach will do well at Tenn. He got WSU into the top ten so what would be stopping him from doing the same at Tenn?

Tony Perkis

Quote from: USChog on November 30, 2017, 10:40:26 pm
I seem to be in the minority, but I think Leach will do well at Tenn. He got WSU into the top ten so what would be stopping him from doing the same at Tenn?
I agree.

Maga

We better not end of with Morris.  I am all in on Gus and Norvell.  But Morris will be an epic disaster at Arkansas. 

TheEnemy

Alabama, Florida, Georgia, then throw in the SEC West and South Carolina.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

We've had a song request from tennessee.  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DI-nkLMWDUt4&ved=0ahUKEwifg5OCgOjXAhUq64MKHUjdAVMQ3ywIMzAB&usg=AOvVaw0GrFYt7Qs9bYsKcr_biaCh
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

MC_Hog

I would have taken Leach over Malzahn ....he's a much better fit for our program

The Boar War

The competition.  The resuregence of WSU has been accomplished in a Pac 12 north with Oregon State, Cal, a somewhat diminished Stanford, and a neutered Oregon.  Granted the SEC west isn't great but he'll have automatic losses to UGA, Florida, and Bama every year.

HogPharmer

Quote from: The Boar War on November 30, 2017, 10:48:28 pm
The competition.  The resuregence of WSU has been accomplished in a Pac 12 north with Oregon State, Cal, a somewhat diminished Stanford, and a neutered Oregon.  Granted the SEC west isn't great but he'll have automatic losses to UGA, Florida, and Bama every year.

*east
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

bkjbearcat

I don't get it, why not go after Norvell id your Tenn. He's right there. Were they told not interested right away? Or is it something we don't know.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Maga on November 30, 2017, 10:42:29 pm
We better not end of with Morris.  I am all in on Gus and Norvell.  But Morris will be an epic disaster at Arkansas.
no he wouldn't. He would do much better than Bielema but wouldn't win 10 or 11 games one season.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Regardless of what you think about Leach he makes the SEC infinitely more interesting. We get Gus or Mike Norvell or Joey Freshwater and the excitement quotient goes up even more coupled with Jimbo at A&M. Going to be fun next season. Steel sharpens steel
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GoHogs1091

Leach is probably not a good enough of a recruiter for a program such as Tennessee (who has to recruit a lot out of state).

Calling All Hogs

Leach has never been on any of my lists ever.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 30, 2017, 10:55:55 pm
I don't get it, why not go after Norvell id your Tenn. He's right there. Were they told not interested right away? Or is it something we don't know.
That Arkansas is his dream job. Thats why.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Großer Kriegschwein

A real schedule that actually has teams with defenses.
This is my non-signature signature.

3kgthog

Leach won't recruit the d-line talent to succeed in the SEC. He also won't take practice time away from his offense to work on the defense. That's similar to Petrino when he was here, but at least Petrino's defense had one lockdown half per game.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 30, 2017, 11:01:25 pm
Leach is probably not a good enough of a recruiter for a program such as Tennessee (who has to recruit a lot out of state).

Doesn't Tenn live off GA and FL much of the same way Hogs do TX?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

HogNTX

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 30, 2017, 10:35:09 pm
You have a source or is that just what you think?

He's so full of Gus to Arkansas hate that he can't fathom any other possibilities.

TheEnemy

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 30, 2017, 11:01:12 pm
Regardless of what you think about Leach he makes the SEC infinitely more interesting.

This!  Just glad he at Tenn.  It should be fun watching him.

The other thing is if he doesn't work out....the next coach is stuck with personnel for the Air Raid and rebuilding will be a little tougher due to this.

Smokehouse

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on November 30, 2017, 10:13:06 pm
He doesn't run the ball enough.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/108823/how-three-running-backs-changed-mike-leachs-air-raid-and-how-that-might-stick

QuoteWith that kind of talent, Leach was able to make the offense more multi-pronged, rushing the ball on 35.3 percent of thee offensive plays and going to Williams, Wicks or Morrow in the pass game on 26.8 percent of pass attempts.

And so, even though Oregon is oft considered the "running back U" of the Pac-12, the Cougars joined the Ducks last season as the only two Pac-12 programs that finished the year with 2,500-plus scrimmage yards and 25-plus scrimmage touchdowns from its running backs. And the Cougars were one of just four programs nationally to register at least 1,000 receiving yards for its running backs.

This, plus he's fielding a top-20 defense this year, for all those saying Leach doesn't evolve what he's doing. Might be a fluke, but I doubt it given the success he's been having with this formula. Plus obvious Texas recruiting experience. I think he'd be great, but it doesn't seem like there's any traction for him coming here.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 11:01:54 pm
That Arkansas is his dream job. Thats why.

But Tenn can pay him a ton of money. And it doesn't look like they have a problem hearing no. Half of NCAA football told them no by now.

Danimal

Yes please.

HogNTX

Quote from: Maga on November 30, 2017, 10:42:29 pm

I wouldn't say epic disaster as we could do much worse but he's hopefully down the list a ways!

Atlhogfan1

No idea what adjustments Leach will make to his system or how well he will recruit to a program with more resources than TT or Wazzu. Too smart a guy to dismiss as a certain failure.  Good for Tenn if this happens. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Paul

I have a feeling the die has been cast for a while but they've been waiting till this Sunday to announce for millions of reasons  no source

Slater

Spurrier changed his style and won at South Carolina, unless Leach is a complete rebel he will adapt to the league. I followed him (as a working media member) at Tech and found his teams to be highly entertaining but never a threat to OU, TX, NU, KSU, CU when they were top dogs in early 2000's of league. Seems like a bad fit for Leach
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

TheEnemy

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 30, 2017, 11:08:26 pm
http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/108823/how-three-running-backs-changed-mike-leachs-air-raid-and-how-that-might-stick

I don't care what that article says in their losses:

California held them to 23 yards rushing and beat them 37-3

Arizona held them to 51 yards rushing and beat them 58-37

Washington held them to -24 yards rushing and beat them 41-14

So the lack of a running game is still a problem.

Batesville Hogfan

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 30, 2017, 10:11:58 pm
I like it.

I still think his Air Raid offense won't work in the SEC....he will win 6-8 wins a year.

Tennessee will be hiring again in 4-5 years.
His offense will be fine, it's his (lack of) defense that will be the problem

TheEnemy

Quote from: Slater on November 30, 2017, 11:18:55 pm
unless Leach is a complete rebel he will adapt to the league.

He considers himself a pirate for a reason.

He is what he is....he is not changing.  ;)

TheEnemy

Quote from: Batesville Hogfan on November 30, 2017, 11:22:39 pm
His offense will be fine, it's his (lack of) defense that will be the problem

No, when he plays the better defenses in the SEC his offense will be shut down.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 30, 2017, 11:21:48 pm

Tenn is not Washington St.  You have no idea how Leach may change in terms of running the ball. He uses his RBs in his offense a lot already.  Same for how his defense may be. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Looks like it's all but done. Multiple reports.

Paul

The hardest thing Leach will have to deal with is the crazy expectations of a program like Tenn with its history of natl championships & its demanding fan base. He hasn't had to deals with that taking over programs that had bottomed out & were happy just to be competitive

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on November 30, 2017, 11:26:35 pm
Looks like it's all but done. Multiple reports.
Leach is a lawyer and his own agent so it could move HELLA fast with him. Gotta hand it to Tenner. To get leach after THAT crazy search is fantastic. The fans would have been stuck with Schiano or Doeren but they nixed both. Sure, NINE other coaches then turned them down, but, they still got Leach. It was a bit ugly, but THAT was an effective coup by the tennessee fanbase. UNREAL.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogPharmer

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 11:28:51 pm
Leach is a lawyer and his own agent so it could move HELLA fast with him.

Wait, the pirate is a lawyer?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

duckman

Now if he would take Morris with him we would all have a Merry Christmas...

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 30, 2017, 11:29:41 pm
Wait, the pirate is a lawyer?
He's one smart dude. But, yeah, he really is.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: duckman on November 30, 2017, 11:30:40 pm
Now if he would take Morris with him we would all have a Merry Christmas...
LOL! Morris to Memphis.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 11:30:44 pm
He's one smart dude. But, yeah, he really is.

The fact you didn't answer that by saying "Aye!" is really disappointing.

Smokehouse

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 30, 2017, 11:21:48 pm

Over 100 yards rushing in their wins over, at the time, #5 USC and #18 Stanford. Point is he's evolved his offense. Calling a little over 1/3 of your plays as rushing attempts, plus another 1/4 going to RBs in passes from the backfield is a great modern way to balance your offense. And he'll have way better talent at TN.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

duckman

hobhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 11:28:51 pm
Leach is a lawyer and his own agent so it could move HELLA fast with him. Gotta hand it to Tenner. To get leach after THAT crazy search is fantastic. The fans would have been stuck with Schiano or Doeren but they nixed both. Sure, NINE other coaches then turned them down, but, they still got Leach. It was a bit ugly, but THAT was an effective coup by the tennessee fanbase. UNREAL.

How anyone can thnk that the last few days in Knoxville was a coup is UNREAL.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: duckman on November 30, 2017, 11:34:36 pm
Your level of confidence is interesting...
thats just a joke but the Memphis boards are saying they already have a replacement and Morris wants out of SMU, so its a solid prediction. i have no friends connected to Memphis athletics, only Memphis bars and restaurants lol.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hobhog on November 30, 2017, 11:35:34 pm
How anyone can thnk that the last few days in Knoxville was a coup is UNREAL.
Leach > Brohm >Schiano> Doeren , etc. tennessee fans were screwed if they didnt over-rule their AD.

hogblitz

Quote from: duckman on November 30, 2017, 11:34:36 pm
Your level of confidence is interesting...
You think we end up with Morris?

hoglady

I think he'll do great.
If we bomb out on ours, in a couple of years we'll be wishing we'd had the sense to hire him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality