Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole miss hammer drops tomorrow

Started by ipigsooie, November 30, 2017, 10:08:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ipigsooie

At least with all the nonsense going on at the hill we have this to look forward to. They received their 24 hour notice.  Here's hoping it's bad! Cheers!

RzRbAcK18

I suspect it will be bad, but not as bad as we hope and definitely not as bad as it should be.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on November 30, 2017, 10:22:14 am
I suspect it will be bad, but not as bad as we hope and definitely not as bad as it should be.

How bad? Lose your AD and HC, have two separate search committees, and wait for a guy that will not decline until January bad? Or not that bad?

Razorbackers

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 30, 2017, 10:26:50 am
How bad? Lose your AD and HC, have two separate search committees, and wait for a guy that will not decline until January bad? Or not that bad?

Not that bad.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 30, 2017, 10:33:35 am
Not that bad.

LoL but that is actually what I am afraid of. If we mess up the 2018 recruiting class we may again be looking at a long rebuild.

Razorbackers

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 30, 2017, 10:38:25 am
LoL but that is actually what I am afraid of. If we mess up the 2018 recruiting class we may again be looking at a long rebuild.

Buckle up. I lose faith by the minute in the people making decisions haha

jgphillips3

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 30, 2017, 10:38:25 am

We have 12 slots...how bad can we mess it up?  Now, 2019 has a LOT of in state talent.  That is the one we need to not mess up.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 30, 2017, 10:53:46 am
We have 12 slots...how bad can we mess it up?  Now, 2019 has a LOT of in state talent.  That is the one we need to not mess up.

Maybe Gus has answered by 2019.

RzRbAcK18

Coach Paul Rhoads = CPR...poetic.

NuttinItUp

Hogwild

I really believe Norvell will be named HC no later than Monday.

hog.goblin

A few scholarship losses for 2 years, one more year without a postseason.  I think that's worst case.

HoggyCat

I don't believe they'll do much more than what they self imposed. There will be more added, but nowhere near what everyone is expecting.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

code red

If CBB was still employed I would say our situation is worse.  It is not worse.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rmcchris

One more year no bowl. Loss of more scholarships (estimated #6). Recruiting restrictions. Let's see how close this is.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 30, 2017, 11:35:30 am
Prayers for Old Myth.

Me too...but I wonder if we're praying for the same thing...😬
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

go hogues

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on November 30, 2017, 10:22:14 am
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

tusksincolorado

Knowing what normally goes on in the SEC...they will most likely receive a slap on the hand, with the acceptance of current penalties served.

Then it is business as usual...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Potosihog

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 30, 2017, 11:30:50 am
A few scholarship losses for 2 years, one more year without a postseason.  I think that’s worst case.

If that is the case it will be really bad for them.  A 2 year bowl ban allows players to transfer without sitting out.  Some teams weather this storm but when the defections start it can be epidemic.  Luke has the team rallying around him so who knows.  Maybe he holds it together.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Why did you take the first opportunity to slam Arkansas when this post is about Ole Miss..? I'll hang up and listen.   ... And it better be a good reason.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Potosihog on November 30, 2017, 02:09:13 pm
If that is the case it will be really bad for them.  A 2 year bowl ban allows players to transfer without sitting out.  Some teams weather this storm but when the defections start it can be epidemic.  Luke has the team rallying around him so who knows.  Maybe he holds it together.

I'm thinking he can hold it together for the one extra year.  The question is whether he can recruit well enough, sanctions or not.