Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee wouldn't even offer Morris!!!!!!!

Started by jaredkr, November 29, 2017, 10:24:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredkr

They are going after EVERYONE and didn't offer him the job after he interviewed. Let that sink in....

Also why the HELL would you go for him over Kiffin? I seriously can't come up with a single reason
I am Ray Finkel

JONAS

Quote from: jaredkr on November 29, 2017, 10:24:16 pm
They are going after EVERYONE and didn't offer him the job after he interviewed. Let that sink in....

Also why the HELL would you go for him over Kiffin? I seriously can't come up with a single reason

Me either.

NaturalStateReb

Because Kiffin is a poor fit that you know deep down will end badly. Can anyone really see that guy going WPS?  I can't. He'll be looking to jump the first freight out of town, and he's been fired several times.

Tennessee didn't offer Norvell either, FWIW.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jaredkr

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 29, 2017, 10:27:55 pm
Because Kiffin is a poor fit that you know deep down will end badly. Can anyone really see that guy going WPS?  I can't. He'll be looking to jump the first freight out of town, and he's been fired several times.

Where would he go? Thats why there are buyouts
I am Ray Finkel

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: jaredkr on November 29, 2017, 10:33:13 pm

There's always somewhere else, and with schools now offering over $8 million, the buyout probably won't mean much.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

rljjr

I wouldn't care if he never called the Hogs as long as he landed recruits and coached a winner. Coaches coach. Players play. Fans cheer. Administrators (stay out of the way) administrate.

JONAS

Quote from: rljjr on November 29, 2017, 10:39:50 pm
I wouldn't care if he never called the Hogs as long as he landed recruits and coached a winner. Coaches coach. Players play. Fans cheer. Administrators (stay out of the way) administrate.

I agree.

Hawg Life

He told them he already had a job.

rljjr

ThisTeetsTaken

Kiffin is too "Hollywood" for Arkansas.  Wouldn't be here for more than 3 seasons IMO. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hawg Life

Quote from: rljjr on November 29, 2017, 10:43:25 pm
Better be at SMU.

I don't think most realize how bad things really are @ Tennessee. Haslam has control of the university. He has done many things that have upset the powers that be. He has subbed out housekeeping & food services to out of state companies, and cost hundreds of jobs for local workers. There are daily demonstrations.

LuckyGiraffe

If the only two options were John L Smith and Norvell, Tennessee would hire JLS. They will never admit that the University of Memphis has someone or something that they would want. It would lend legitimacy to UM in a way that will NOT happen.

Hawg Life

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 29, 2017, 10:46:35 pm
Kiffin is too "Hollywood" for Arkansas.  Wouldn't be here for more than 3 seasons IMO.

Tennessee would hate to offer a HC job to any other in state school. That being said Norvell could've had the UT job twice had he wanted it. Nobody wants the UT job, and they made a HUGE mistake by not quelling The Gruden Rumors.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: LuckyGiraffe on November 29, 2017, 10:50:03 pm
If the only two options were John L Smith and Norvell, Tennessee would hire JLS. They will never admit that the University of Memphis has someone or something that they would want. It would lend legitimacy to UM in a way that will NOT happen.

Tennessee doesn't think about Memphis the way Arkansas thinks about A-State. They don't think about Memphis at all. It's 9 hours away.

Hawg Life

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 29, 2017, 10:53:36 pm
Tennessee doesn't think about Memphis the way Arkansas thinks about A-State. They don't think about Memphis at all. It's 9 hours away.

It's 5 hours plus you gain an hour going from Eastern to Central time zone.

Pig in the Pokey

GREAT POST
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 29, 2017, 10:55:08 pm
It's 5 hours plus you gain an hour going from Eastern to Central time zone.

Didn't factor in that time zone deal. Totally different situation with that in there.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: jaredkr on November 29, 2017, 10:33:13 pm

Problem solved! Just give him...a giant...buyout........to make...sure...

...nevermind.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Maga

We will have an epic meltdown if it is Morris. 

King Kong

Quote from: Maga on November 29, 2017, 11:07:14 pm
We will have an epic meltdown if it is Morris.

It's already a pretty epic meltdown and he hasn't even been hired yet

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on November 29, 2017, 11:09:21 pm
It's already a pretty epic meltdown and he hasn't even been hired yet
i mean, i dont hate the guy, but you dont hire him unless youve been turned down by gus, norvell, kiffin, venables, Leach, Gundy, and Brohm. THEN we would be happy to have Morris over Dave Doeren or Schiano.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

King Kong

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 29, 2017, 10:46:35 pm

And where would he go? We pay top money and the only people that can out pay us have their HC's

King Kong

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2017, 11:11:24 pm
i mean, i dont hate the guy, but you dont hire him unless youve been turned down by gus, norvell, kiffin, venables, Leach, Gundy, and Brohm. THEN we would be happy to have Morris over Dave Doeren or Schiano.

Yep

hawgmasta

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 29, 2017, 10:42:16 pm
He told them he already had a job.

Yeah everything I have heard is that Morris declined Tennesse. I'm not even sure he would interview for them.

playamade76

Oh, I would really trust Tennessee's judgement...

playamade76

And Kiffin is an idiot. That's why no one is calling him.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: LuckyGiraffe on November 29, 2017, 10:50:03 pm
interesting. i believe it b/c Arkansas wouldnt even hire Gus b/c he was at Arky State; They'd never hire an Arky State coach.
@Slackaveli

pigmania

I would take a poor fit Kiffin over a losing coach at SMU.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgmasta on November 29, 2017, 11:15:44 pm
Yeah everything I have heard is that Morris declined Tennesse. I'm not even sure he would interview for them.
you are  right. Seems Morris declined to interview for it somewhere after Jim Bib Cooter turned them down. DAMN, that's terrible for both Morris and Tennessee.

It's Not Me It's UT
1. John Gruden
2. Chip Kelly
3. Dan Mullen
4. Matt Campbell
5. Greg Schiano (Fan Base Said No)
Jason Witten (AD Clay Travis Top Choice)
6. David Cutcliff
7. Mike Gundy
8. Jim Bob Cooter
9. Chad Morris
10. Jeff Brohm

At the Plate
Dave Doeren

On Deck
Kevin Steele
Jeremy Pruitt
Tee Martin
Phil Fulmer
@Slackaveli

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/