Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin!

Started by bjbuatamu, November 29, 2017, 05:08:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fishes2000

Lane needs to come back to Arkansas so he can shock the world the same as his Dad and coach Holtz did against OU in the 78 orange bowl.

HogT

Please for all that is good, bring Lane to Arkansas.  I get the baggage issue, but what grown man does not have some baggage.  There is no good reason not to bring this man to Arkansas.  World class offense, great personality, epic twitter feed, excellent recruiter, great connections, ties to the U of A, and knows the inner workings of Alabama.  What more do you want?

BRING THE TRAIN
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

PigInTheHole

if he can recruit Kim Jong-Un to UT imagine the possibilities

after Saturday, bring Kiffin home!
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

jgcat4

I would take Kiffin in a heartbeat. I mean I am a Norvell fan and have been since he took over that program, but Kiffin would be great.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

jrulz83

To me Kiffin looks like the middle ground hire for the various factions.

He has the Arkansas tie through his father.

He has the great offensive mind that I think wins here.

He's the recruiter that I think can get players here.

He's never had a losing season as a college head coach.

Are there drawbacks with Kiffin? Sure there are, as with any candidate.

The whole Joey Freshwater thing, both him using an alias and the overblown backlash is silly.

Leaving Tennessee after a year was a mistake, but he did it for his dream job.

Based upon what I have read he took that dream job with the understanding that the sanctions would be minimal.

Anybody was going to have trouble at USC under the conditions Kiffin faced when the sanctions hit.

I would want to ask him some hard questions and have plenty of contract protections, but I think I would take a chance on Jimmy Chestnut.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Smashmouth2004

This baggage crap is getting old. Long didn't want Bielema to recruit any players with "baggage" and look what that got us the last 5 years. Kiffin understands his baggage as we did Petrino's baggage but had no problems hiring him. I say don't wait for Gus! We shouldn't be in the business of allowing a coach come back to his nest because we have feelings for him. There's no feelings in football!! Make an offer to Lane and tell him we want this to be his home for a long time and only accept the job if he feels the same.

oldhawg

Is he till married to Layla?  Could compete with Jenn for distraction value.

PigInTheHole

Quote from: oldhawg on November 30, 2017, 10:44:30 am
Is he till married to Layla?  Could compete with Jenn for distraction value.

No divorced

Layla > Jen

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

TDHawgs

Kiffin turned around an FAU team that went 3-9 for the last 3 years before him to an 8-3 team as of right now playing in a Championship Game.. dude can coach!

ipigsooie

Quote from: TDHawgs on November 30, 2017, 10:49:07 am
Kiffin turned around an FAU team that went 3-9 for the last 3 years before him to an 8-3 team as of right now playing in a Championship Game.. dude can coach!

I agree. I'd hire him.

But it's more than coaching. If it were coaching alone, every big job would want him right now. With him you have to weigh a lot of risk.

Sooie71923

Kiffin is not married

Hogeration

I'm not ready to start an online petition for Kiffin like TN but I hope he is still an option. He might only be here a couple of years but they would be fun.

Sivad

Quote from: Hogeration on November 30, 2017, 01:57:39 pm
I'm not ready to start an online petition for Kiffin like TN but I hope he is still an option. He might only be here a couple of years but they would be fun.
I really don't think he would leave.
Nobody leaves Arkansas if they are successful there. And he would be. And exciting from the get go.
The so-called  "baggage" is a bunch of nothing.

TrueBlue

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 06:02:19 pm
He is everything Jeff Long would hate, so.... 

He is the best man for the job.

The "Anti-Long" has been revealed and it is Kiffin.

Hire the dude today.

If we get him today, he can start getting under Saban's skin tomorrow as "our" coach.

It would be fun.