Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brohm to TN gaining steam

Started by PorkRinds, November 29, 2017, 12:48:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

He's a guy I wished we'd take a look at.

wildturkey8

Everyone may quit laughing at Tenner if they bring him home.

Uncommon

Doubt it.  At least for today.  Check again.

Tusks

He's got a pretty large buyout, more than the hogs are willing to pay.

I think with what happened to TN they've all of a sudden have as much money as it takes to get out of their mess.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DoubleReedHawgCaller

No JB to tennessee. They can't give their damn job away now. LOL!!!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

JONAS

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 29, 2017, 02:03:04 pm
No JB to tennessee. They can't give their damn job away now. LOL!!!

I hope he doesn't go.  Anyway, I thought they were hiring Tee Martin.

Pig in the Pokey

OP is so far behind the  news cycle lol. HE TURNED DOWN TENNER< MANE!!

;D ;D
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Razorbackwarrior79

I kid you not that they are going to do a 30 for 30 one day on this Tennessee coaching search. This has been a spectacular fail in every way on part of their administration and boosters. They even have Peyton Manning calling around and begging people to take it with no luck. They have to be the most delusional fan base in the SEC. WOW.

wildturkey8

Quote from: Razorbackwarrior79 on November 29, 2017, 02:07:04 pm
I kid you not that they are going to do a 30 for 30 one day on this Tennessee coaching search. This has been a spectacular fail in every way on part of their administration and boosters. They even have Peyton Manning calling around and begging people to take it with no luck. They have to be the most delusional fan base in the SEC. WOW.
but they may wind up with a solid hire.

HF#1

Currie offered Brohm
Brohm Accepted
Currie told Chancellor
Chancellor said no
Brohm not hired.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Razorbackwarrior79 on November 29, 2017, 02:07:04 pm
thats a LOCK, man. they sure will.

Clay Travis Clay Travis @ClayTravis I am told that UT AD John Currie made an offer to Jeff Brohm that Brohm accepted. Currie then asked the chancellor to approve the offer — buyout included — and chancellor said no. So Currie went back to Brohm with lesser offer and Brohm said no. So here we are.

jc
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rljjr

Quote from: HF#1 on November 29, 2017, 02:08:14 pm
Currie offered Brohm
Brohm Accepted
Currie told Chancellor
Chancellor said no
Brohm not hired.

Where is THAT nugget coming from?

Next1_04

rljjr

Uncommon

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 29, 2017, 02:09:43 pm
Clay Travis Tweet
I guess he knows to ask the chancellor first now.  lol

Hogberry Snortcake

Athletics vs. Academics/Accountants.  This is something we should understand. 

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

rljjr

Quote from: Uncommon on November 29, 2017, 02:13:24 pm
I guess he knows to ask the chancellor first now.  lol

Ha! Maybe they should send all the proposed hires to "consultants" -- aka "angry mob" -- before they get serious.

devildoghawg

I was roasted the other day when I said that Arkansas is a better job now than Tennessee.  Recent activities are proving me to be correct.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

secfan30

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2017, 02:05:02 pm
OP is so far behind the  news cycle lol. HE TURNED DOWN TENNER< MANE!!

;D ;D

Link?

MAGA45

Brady Hoke may be a real possibility.  lol
Fake News

wlbrown9

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 29, 2017, 12:49:08 pm
Everyone may quit laughing at Tenner if they bring him home.

Not going to happen, we will be laughing at Tenner for a long time, I hope anyway. Being a Hog fan  in Memphis that's a good thing

Next1_04

Watching Clay's blog now. He said if Gus loses Saturday, he's coming to Arkansas. It's a live blog so no link. On Twitter.

hawgon

Wow.  I actually feel a little sorry for them.

rljjr

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 29, 2017, 02:37:45 pm
Watching Clay's blog now. He said if Gus loses Saturday, he's coming to Arkansas. It's a live blog so no link. On Twitter.

We don't want a coach whose sole interest in us is if he can't coach in the playoffs. That's a crock of horse puckey.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 29, 2017, 02:14:13 pm
What a mess.

Ole Miss: Mane, we screwed ourselves.

Tenner: Hold my beer [sets self on fire]
This is my non-signature signature.

Rudy Baylor

no way Brohm goes there now - knowing your would-be future boss is a Beta punk? aww hell no

JaketheSnake

rzrbk4life

I think its safe to say they are officially a dumpster fire
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Großer Kriegschwein

HogFansReunited

Wow, Tennessee is making Arkansas look good right now.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Coach Obvious

Paul

Quote from: hawgon on November 29, 2017, 02:40:01 pm
Wow.  I actually feel a little sorry for them.
I'd say the same but I'd be less than sincere.  Looks like Currie will be on the market soon

Paul

Tortfeasor

Focusing on Dave Doeren now. Good for them, better for the rest of us.

Großer Kriegschwein

Tennessee's celebration dance after landing Brohm.

younghog

GO HOGS

Tortfeasor

Quote from: younghog on November 29, 2017, 03:26:04 pm
Per SEC Country we offered as well

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-purdue-flights

~who knew

Where does it say in the article that we offered Brohm? I'll give you a hint, it doesn't. Why post crap like that when all the article contains is speculation and states the author doesn't know why the plane was heading to that area.

Reading comprehension is very difficult for some.

Sed76

Quote from: younghog on November 29, 2017, 03:26:04 pm
Per SEC Country we offered as well

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-purdue-flights

~who knew

I didn't see anything in that article that said "we offered". Just said a plane went there.

Wooderson

Give me liberty, or give me death!

247Hog

Quote from: Tortfeasor on November 29, 2017, 03:34:24 pm
Where does it say in the article that we offered Brohm? I'll give you a hint, it doesn't. Why post crap like that when all the article contains is speculation and states the author doesn't know why the plane was heading to that area.

Reading comprehension is very difficult for some.

I'm guessing by the profile pic, maybe they're party of the sec country page and looking for clicks.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Wooderson on November 29, 2017, 03:36:33 pm
Oh really? Why is that?
Bc he and Butch Jones met once and they really hit it off.  Goodbuddies once upon a time.

Großer Kriegschwein

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Großer Kriegschwein

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: rljjr on November 29, 2017, 02:41:32 pm
We don't want a coach whose sole interest in us is if he can't coach in the playoffs. That's a crock of horse puckey.

I don't believe that we're a fall back. If he wins and chooses not to come the reason would have to be for his team and what he has coming back next year.

That, and the boatload of money he's gonna make Auburn hang over him in the form of a buyout...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hobhog

Boarcephus

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 29, 2017, 02:09:43 pm
Clay Travis Tweet

I'd be tempted if I were the AD and the Chancellor left me out to dry like that, I'd turn the search and hiring over to that dude and let him handle it. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Three and Snout

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 29, 2017, 08:18:12 pm
I'd be tempted if I were the AD and the Chancellor left me out to dry like that, I'd turn the search and hiring over to that dude and let him handle it.

Are you saying you'd tell your boss that you can't do your job, and therefore, there's no reason for you to keep it??