Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Brohm to...

Started by duckman, November 29, 2017, 10:50:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Quote from: TexasRazorback on November 29, 2017, 11:39:38 am
Did you see what Morris inherited at SMU compared to Brohm at Purdue... If you think Morris is a bum coach, you Sir are sorely mistaken. He is one hell of a recruiter with big game experience from his days at Clemson. Brohm has zero big game experience and has done well winning in a weak Big ten division. When he plays the big boys of the Big 10 the expected happens. Give me Morris over Brohm any day.

I am fully aware what they both inhereited.  Brohm took over a program that had won 9 games in their previous 4 seasons, with a high water mark of a 3 win season.

Brohm in one season has that same team in a bowl game. And his team does it on both sides of the ball. The team that just scored 45 points in our stadium 4 days ago, his team held them to 3 points on the road. I don't think Morris is a "bum coach", I just feel that Brohm is a better one.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 29, 2017, 12:17:34 pm
So is Brohm a job hopper like Kiffin?   

I think the perception is sometimes a double standard depending on whether one likes the coach or not.

Don't know.  He was a Western KY for four years (one as OC under Bobby and three as HC) and now one year at Purdue.  He is a Louisville native and alum and was on the staff there for six years so it would seem that job would be his ultimate goal.

Paul

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 29, 2017, 12:05:52 pm
Tennessee better tie him down with a Matt Campbell type buy out cause the minute Bobby P. leaves Louisville, Brohm is headed home.
If he does well at Tenn & Lville comes calling, the Vols make him an offer he can't refuse.  Tenn's athletic budget dwarfs Lville's   

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

All over Twitter now that it isn't happening...
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wildhog on November 29, 2017, 01:11:54 pm
Woo pig.

Brohm will get a raise to keep him out of the market for a couple seasons, meanwhile.........

Tennessee continues to burn.
This is my non-signature signature.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Paul on November 29, 2017, 12:52:27 pm
If he does well at Tenn & Lville comes calling, the Vols make him an offer he can't refuse.  Tenn's athletic budget dwarfs Lville's   

They also made Gundy a helluva offer and he refused, mainly to stay home.  Louisville is Brohm's home.

BR

Clay Travis‏Verified account @ClayTravis
23m23 minutes ago

I am told that UT AD John Currie made an offer to Jeff Brohm that Brohm accepted. Currie then asked the chancellor to approve the offer — buyout included — and chancellor said no. So Currie went back to Brohm with lesser offer and Brohm said no. So here we are.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Wildhog

Quote from: BR on November 29, 2017, 02:25:36 pm
23m23 minutes ago

I am told that UT AD John Currie made an offer to Jeff Brohm that Brohm accepted. Currie then asked the chancellor to approve the offer — buyout included — and chancellor said no. So Currie went back to Brohm with lesser offer and Brohm said no. So here we are.

Just wow.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

shshark00

23m23 minutes ago

Amazing. They managed to screw up the screw up. I need more popcorn.

Großer Kriegschwein

23m23 minutes ago

Probably just messing with Travis.

He admitted that he used the Penn State thing to help keep what he thought was a mediocre coach from getting signed by Tennessee.

aj1966

VolNation currently melting down over rumor that Dave Doeren (former Bret assistant at UW, now HC at NC State) is leading candidate. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: aj1966 on November 29, 2017, 02:30:19 pm
VolNation currently melting down over rumor that Dave Doeren (former Bret assistant at UW, now HC at NC State) is leading candidate.

Bet he backs out before 6pm.

Then what?

TNhawgfan

Quote from: aj1966 on November 29, 2017, 02:30:19 pm
He's our version of Skip Holtz
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hogball33

Wow, This Tennessee coaching search is the craziest. Glad it is happening though to help screen us a little.