Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Brohm to...

Started by duckman, November 29, 2017, 10:50:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

duckman

ipigsooie

In was really hoping they ended up with Morris.

TexasRazorback

They are in discussions, they have not hired Brohm. Your click bait title is misleading. They had talks with Morris this morning. I agree that its looking more likely that they will hire Brohm but nothing is official in Tennessee, just ask Schiano

duckman

Wildhog

Damn.  Was kinda hoping we'd get Brohm.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

navyhog24

duckman

Quote from: TexasRazorback on November 29, 2017, 10:51:51 am
They are in discussions, they have not hired Brohm. Your click bait title is misleading. They had talks with Morris this morning. I agree that its looking more likely that they will hire Brohm but nothing is official in Tennessee, just ask Schiano

Just announced it on The Buzz...

The Hogfather

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 10:50:07 am
Tennessee...

We better get someone better.  I think he'll do great there.

SooieGeneris

This is actually a good hire for Tenner if it pans out. Way better fit than Schiano, get BPs offense without the baggage, which in Bobby's case you would need a full sized trailer to haul, definitely wouldn't fit on the back of a Harley..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

ur

I guess tenner couldn't wait until after 12/5 to hire him. Would save them a million bucks on the buyout.

The Hawg Marshal

They were turned down by umpteen coaches and still end up with a good one.

NaturalStateReb

I had heard Brohm had already told them no, but after earlier this week, Tennessee might have shown up with a second dump truck full of cash.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

ipigsooie

Quote from: ur on November 29, 2017, 11:01:11 am
I guess tenner couldn't wait until after 12/5 to hire him. Would save them a million bucks on the buyout.

The pr they save with this hire makes it worth it. Good hire.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 29, 2017, 11:04:28 am
The pr they save with this hire makes it worth it. Good hire.

Sumlin is a Purdue alum. Wouldn't be surprised if he lands there.

Pig in the Pokey

Brohm was on our list, but barely on the top 10 list.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

TexasRazorback

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 10:58:58 am

No other media outlet is reporting it, The Buzz is misreporting...Shocker

LRHog

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 10:58:58 am

Trusting anything on the Buzz would be like trusting a homeless meth addict that the sky is a red hologram created by your 3rd cousin.

Redhogs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2017, 11:20:45 am
Is the Mike Bike still rolling?   Hope so.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

axharbor

Quote from: Wildhog on November 29, 2017, 10:53:59 am
Damn.  Was kinda hoping we'd get Brohm.

Amen.  I will be pretty upset if they get Brohm and we end up stuck with Morris...

duckman

Quote from: TexasRazorback on November 29, 2017, 11:22:13 am
No other media outlet is reporting it, The Buzz is misreporting...Shocker

Well they just said it again...  Just passing it along.

BR

There is a lot of Twitter Reports that are saying a Deal is close, but not done yet.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

LRHog

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 11:23:28 am

Do everyone a favor, if the buzz reports it. Post the opposite. It's more likely to be true and not a waste of time.

TexasRazorback

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 11:23:28 am

You're good, I appreciate you passing it along. It gave me a nice distraction at the office to look around if it was being reported but I havent seen anything on any major site. But I do think that Tenner will give Brohm anything he wants just to end this search

The_Iceman

Quote from: axharbor on November 29, 2017, 11:23:18 am
Amen.  I will be pretty upset if they get Brohm and we end up stuck with Morris...

Please explain your rational for this comment, if in fact you actually have one.

Hogwild

QuoteAmen.  I will be pretty upset if they get Brohm and we end up stuck with Morris...

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 29, 2017, 11:28:07 am
Please explain your rational for this comment, if in fact you actually have one.

Not sure what his rational is, but I agree with him.  My rational is 36-16>>>13-22

TexasRazorback

Quote from: Hogwild on November 29, 2017, 11:37:08 am
Not sure what his rational is, but I agree with him.  My rational is 36-16>>>13-22

Did you see what Morris inherited at SMU compared to Brohm at Purdue... If you think Morris is a bum coach, you Sir are sorely mistaken. He is one hell of a recruiter with big game experience from his days at Clemson. Brohm has zero big game experience and has done well winning in a weak Big ten division. When he plays the big boys of the Big 10 the expected happens. Give me Morris over Brohm any day.

#1 STUNNA

Damn that will be a good hire.

Tusks

just goes to show that money talks and bullschit walks.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Paul

Wonder if they're offering Brohm the 7 mil/yr x 6 yrs that the Mullet turned down

HogPharmer

Quote from: BR on November 29, 2017, 11:23:52 am
There is a lot of Twitter Reports that are saying a Deal is close, but not done yet.

I'd give anything for the deal to fall thru. It's been fun watching Tennessee go up in smoke thru this coaching hire process.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HF#1

That's a good hire if finalized considering the current circumstances.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Hugo Bezdek

He's a good coach, but a better fit for them than us. I think we have to have someone with strong Texas/Louisiana recruiting ties.

ChicoHog

Quote from: TexasRazorback on November 29, 2017, 11:39:38 am
Did you see what Morris inherited at SMU compared to Brohm at Purdue... If you think Morris is a bum coach, you Sir are sorely mistaken. He is one hell of a recruiter with big game experience from his days at Clemson. Brohm has zero big game experience and has done well winning in a weak Big ten division. When he plays the big boys of the Big 10 the expected happens. Give me Morris over Brohm any day.
Totally disagree.  I think their resume's are similar based on experience but Big Ten west is still better than the AAC.  They started great almost beating Louisville, crushing Mizzou, gave UM a tough game then they played poorly for a few games but rallied at the end to beat IU and make a bowl game. I bet Purdue would be favored over SMU if they played and i would take Purdue.  Purdue also had been terrible for years before Brohm got there which is similar to what Morris inherited. 

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

holeinthewall

QuoteWhen he plays the big boys of the Big 10 the expected happens

He pounded Missouri this year.  just sayin

hoggusamoungus

Nashville sports radio reported at 11:30 that Brohm had spoken to Peyton Manning and one member of the BOT but has not spoken with the AD.  Also has a $5MM buyout if he leaves before December 5th, drops to $4MM after the 5th.

hoglady

Quote from: TexasRazorback on November 29, 2017, 11:39:38 am

Brohm inherited a team that had won 3 Big Ten games in the prior 4 years - does it get any worse than that?
I don't know who's the better coach - but Purdue was as low as you could get.
Brohm's been there 11 months - he won 4 Big Ten games this year - that's 1 more than the prior 4 years combined.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The Hogfather

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2017, 11:20:45 am

Hmmmm....not sure whether to be excited or pissed.  Brohm should've probably been in our top 5 of realistic choices.  I predict he will win BIG at UT.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hoglady on November 29, 2017, 11:52:43 am
Brohm inherited a team that had won 3 Big Ten games in the prior 4 years - does it get any worse than that?
I don't know who's the better coach - but Purdue was as low as you could get.
Brohm's been there 11 months - he won 4 Big Ten games this year - that's 1 more than the prior 4 years combined.

Exactly.  Homerun hire for UT, even though everyone doesn't realize it yet.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 29, 2017, 11:18:54 am

And could do well there.  Texas recruiting ties and a 21st century offense.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 29, 2017, 11:18:54 am

Great point!  Wow, what a homerun that would be for them.

Dwight_K_Shrute

As much as you hate TN this is great news for the SEC.  We are restocking good young coaches after cycling through the retreads, hangers on, misfires, and bad fits.  He's a better hire than Gundy.  I'm not saying he's a better coach, but hasn't made his mark yet and still has a lot of grind left in him.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BR

Jimmy Hyams‏ @JimmyHyams
3m3 minutes ago

Tennessee will soon announce the hiring of Purdue coach Jeff Brohm after going 6-6 this year. Brohm was 30-10 at Western Kentucky.  Buyout is $5 million, drops to $4 million Dec 5. Still owes Purdue about $750k for leaving WKY.
30 replies 141 retweets 138 likes
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 29, 2017, 11:53:56 am
Hmmmm....not sure whether to be excited or pissed.  Brohm should've probably been in our top 5 of realistic choices.  I predict he will win BIG at UT.
i'd say he was on the verge of that. probably ahead of leach but behind kiffin, gus, norvell, frost, morris.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 29, 2017, 11:58:05 am
As much as you hate TN this is great news for the SEC.  We are restocking good young coaches after cycling through the retreads, hangers on, misfires, and bad fits.  He's a better hire than Gundy.  I'm not saying he's a better coach, but hasn't made his mark yet and still has a lot of grind left in him.
He's WAY better than Schiano imo. Tenner fans DID THE DAMN THING and won the Battle of Knoxville. UNBELIEVABLE. A new day has dawned, and it's the fan's world now.
@Slackaveli

hoglady

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 29, 2017, 11:57:36 am
Great point!  Wow, what a homerun that would be for them.

Just super impressed with him when I watched the Louisville / Purdue game.
Hard to believe the difference he made in that program in such a short period of time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Porkette

I can't believe their coaching search has been so public. It feels like everyone around the country knows more about what is happening at Tennessee everyday than in our own program. This would be an interesting hire for them.
GO HOGS GO!

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: BR on November 29, 2017, 11:58:58 am
Jimmy Hyams‏ @JimmyHyams
3m3 minutes ago

Tennessee will soon announce the hiring of Purdue coach Jeff Brohm after going 6-6 this year. Brohm was 30-10 at Western Kentucky.  Buyout is $5 million, drops to $4 million Dec 5. Still owes Purdue about $750k for leaving WKY.
30 replies 141 retweets 138 likes

Tennessee better tie him down with a Matt Campbell type buy out cause the minute Bobby P. leaves Louisville, Brohm is headed home.

East TN HAWG

So is Brohm a job hopper like Kiffin?   

I think the perception is sometimes a double standard depending on whether one likes the coach or not.