Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee learning that Championships on VHS don't buy a coach

Started by tigers68, November 29, 2017, 08:10:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tigers68

I gotta hand it to Arkansas, at least they aren't be publicly humiliated on a daily basis by their fanbase and incompetent A.D.   When will schools like Nebraska and Tennessee learn that no one gives a crap (especially not 17 year old recruits) about their natty's that took place in the 1990's?  These arrogant pricks believe it's their birthright to just kick the shag out of everyone not a football blueblood and they should just bend over and take it.  Because, well we're NU/UT and that's just the way it is.  Nebraska fired a coach (Frank Solich) who won 9-10 games every year because they didn't want to "gravitate toward mediocrity".  LOL!  So they brilliantly hired Bill Callahan.  Mediocrity arrived almost immediately.  So they fired him and then hired Bo Pelini, who immediately got them back to winning 9-10 games, but was a public jackass.  So they fired him, and hired nice guy Mike Riley who promptly ran them into the dirt.  Welcome to Shitsville NE, population - you.  See what blind arrogance and an over reliance on dusty trophies does to your vision?

Take heart Arky fans, you're going to hire a much better coach than Tennessee, and won't look like total idiots doing it.  This fiasco at Tennessee was entirely predictable, given their A.D...  This is the same meatwhistle who ran off Frank Martin at KState, and promptly hired Bruce Weber.  Weber is floundering, and Frank Martin coached in the Final 4 last year..  John Currie is an idiot.

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: tigers68 on November 29, 2017, 08:10:33 am
I gotta hand it to Arkansas, at least they aren't be publicly humiliated on a daily basis by their fanbase and incompetent A.D.   When will schools like Nebraska and Tennessee learn that no one gives a crap (especially not 17 year old recruits) about their natty's that took place in the 1990's?  These arrogant pricks believe it's their birthright to just kick the shag out of everyone not a football blueblood and they should just bend over and take it.  Because, well we're NU/UT and that's just the way it is.  Nebraska fired a coach (Frank Solich) who won 9-10 games every year because they didn't want to "gravitate toward mediocrity".  LOL!  So they brilliantly hired Bill Callahan.  Mediocrity arrived almost immediately.  So they fired him and then hired Bo Pelini, who immediately got them back to winning 9-10 games, but was a public jackass.  So they fired him, and hired nice guy Mike Riley who promptly ran them into the dirt.  Welcome to Shitsville NE, population - you.  See what blind arrogance and an over reliance on dusty trophies does to your vision?

Take heart Arky fans, you're going to hire a much better coach than Tennessee, and won't look like total idiots doing it.  This fiasco at Tennessee was entirely predictable, given their A.D...  This is the same meatwhistle who ran off Frank Martin at KState, and promptly hired Bruce Weber.  Weber is floundering, and Frank Martin coached in the Final 4 last year..  John Currie is an idiot.

You are correct sir. It is stunning how ridiculous & overtly public their coaching search has become. I almost started feeling sorry for Vols fans. Then I went to Twitter and read their comments and came back to reality. Stunning really.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

tolerati

It's not hard to hate Tennessee fans ... they make it so easy!
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Pig in the Pokey

I have a VERY strong feeling that Tennessee is gonna get a last laugh of sorts when they are pushed all the way to the brink like this b/c it will force them to go all out. They are gonna end up with Petrino or Kiffin for 8 million per. They'll be mocked, but they will WIN GAMES.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

axharbor

Isn't TN currently pretty hot on Jeff Braum?  I think that would be a great hire, more so than Morris.  Morris just doesn't excite me at all.

SmokinHog

Now that karma is back, +1 for that

We still have our dusty trophy types around here though...