Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gundy Staying @ OSU

Started by stinkyhog, November 28, 2017, 08:30:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkyhog

razorbrass

Dang, I bet mullets would play real well in Knoxville
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

chuckinss

Jimmy Sexton for the win.....

WilsonHog

So, what does it say about your program when a guy turns down a $3 million raise to go there?

Damn. Talk about savage.

The Schiano episode will cost Tennessee.

HogPharmer

Fantastic. I bet the Vol fans are panicking on a level we haven't even dreamed of here.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 28, 2017, 08:33:40 pm
So, what does it say about your program when a guy turns down a $4 million raise to go there?

Damn. Talk about savage.

Oklahoma St should have called his bluff.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

MuskogeeHogFan

So, what does it say about your program when a guy turns down a $3 million raise to go there?

Damn. Talk about savage.

I'm shocked that was right. Who turns down 8.4 mil p/year without good reason? That's crazy money.
Go Hogs Go!

Oklahawg

Quote from: chuckinss on November 28, 2017, 08:33:18 pm
Jimmy Sexton for the win.....

Gundy has no agent. TN made a phone call and Mr. Mullet said, "hello!"

A totally different approach compared to every other coaching candidate. At what point does OSU say, "screw having ourselves look like a stepping stone 3-4 times a year"?

If the numbers are accurate, Gundy just set the bar for anyone wanting him as coach. Damn high, in other words.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WilsonHog

Latest tweet from Mike Gundy:

"Cowboy For Life! #GoPokes #okstate"

greasy_corner

Awesome, glad he didn't wind up there.

ipigsooie

I'd be so sick of that crap every year from him. Cowboy for life until Jimbo doesn't go to aTm and they back a truck up for Gundy.

rzrbk4life

Doesn't he do this every 3-4 years?? One day osu may call his bluff
Let's call those hogs!!!!

FutureMan

Glad he's not going to Tennessee.  Though I wish he would be a hog (one can dream).
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 28, 2017, 08:40:37 pm
I'd be so sick of that crap every year from him. Cowboy for life until Jimbo doesn't go to aTm and they back a truck up for Gundy.

Quote from: rzrbk4life on November 28, 2017, 08:42:20 pm

Do you two not understand that he just turned down a reported 8.4 mil p/yr to remain in Stillwater for 4.5 mil p/yr? Tired of his crap? What is he supposed to do when someone calls offering that kind of money? Not examine the opportunity? I think that I would at least take a look. He did and said, no thanks.
Go Hogs Go!

bigdogbitting

So much for players only meeting  at 8:30. Does seem a little odd to call a meeting to tell your team you are staying?

ChicoHog

Now who does Tenner go after?  Venables?  Kiffin?  Morris?  Brohm?  Petrino?  Martin?  Very interesting. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Damn. Talk about savage.

Where does the $8.4M come from?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ipigsooie

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 28, 2017, 08:47:35 pm
Now who does Tenner go after?  Venables?  Kiffin?  Morris?  Brohm?  Petrino?  Martin?  Very interesting.

Brohm or Tee Martin

Pig in the Pokey

strange take. He literally turns down "better" schools for Okie State annually. I think they LOVE it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 28, 2017, 08:47:40 pm
Where does the $8.4M come from?

The offer he received, according to sources.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 28, 2017, 08:49:43 pm
The offer he received, according to sources.

I know, but what sources?  I mean we're now throwing that number around as if it was fact.  So if it's fact, what source is reporting it?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 28, 2017, 08:50:45 pm
I know, but what sources?  I mean we're now throwing that number around as if it was fact.  So if it's fact, what source is reporting it?

Click the second post in this thread. That number lines up with what I was told earlier this evening, so I don't doubt it. Although I must admit that when I was told that number, I thought, "no way". Apparently, "way".
Go Hogs Go!

Locutus_of_Boar

Damn. Talk about savage.

It's the SEC, if they keep dropping their standards I'm sure they can eventually find someone to love that block T helmet.   ;)

Oliver

Quote from: FutureMan on November 28, 2017, 08:43:06 pm
Glad he's not going to Tennessee.  Though I wish he would be a hog (one can dream).

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 28, 2017, 08:53:08 pm
Click the second post in this thread. That number lines up with what I was told earlier this evening, so I don't doubt it. Although I must admit that when I was told that number, I thought, "no way". Apparently, "way".

What you were told?  By UT reps or Gundy's agent?  Just kidding.

My point is it's foolishness to take so much of the crap being Spewed this time of year seriously.  So much of it is fake news or misdirections.  I bet it's just as likely Gundy and UT never communicated as it is UT offered him $8.4M. 

Pork Ranger

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 28, 2017, 08:36:23 pm
Fantastic. I bet the Vol fans are panicking on a level we haven't even dreamed of here.

Probably are but hiring a coach is a crapshoot. Who knows, they may hire an up and comer for cheap that does wonders for them.

But,

Probably not

GoHogs1091

Really silly for him to have turned down that much of a pay raise.

He has done all that he can do at OSU.  He can't seem to get over the OU obstacle (he can't win somewhat consistently against OU).

He would have had an easier time getting better defensive players at Tennessee than the defensive players he gets at OSU.

He may look back later and think, "well, I should have took the Tennessee job."

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 28, 2017, 08:37:45 pm
I'm shocked that was right. Who turns down 8.4 mil p/year without good reason? That's crazy money.

This keeps up Michael longer and they'll have to wait until they can build a new stadium, cause they fiddin to burn that darn down.
This is my non-signature signature.

TX HOG

He'd probably only be at Tenn 3 yrs before they got tired of him. At okst he can probably stay the next 8 years making 5 mil per

TexasHog

November 28, 2017, 09:06:07 pm #33 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:44:58 pm by TexasHog

TebowHater

I think this speaks more to Gundy's loyalty than anything. I respect him a ton.

Bubba's Bruisers

Any reports on what kind of raise and extension Gundy's getting to stay?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 28, 2017, 08:53:08 pm

From the ABC affiliate in Nashville.  6 yrs/$42MM.

http://wkrn.com/2017/11/28/espn-oklahoma-states-mike-gundy-in-talks-with-ut/

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 28, 2017, 09:14:31 pm
From the ABC affiliate in Nashville.  6 yrs/$42MM.

http://wkrn.com/2017/11/28/espn-oklahoma-states-mike-gundy-in-talks-with-ut/

Well, that's not $8.4M per year.  That affiliate must have some bad info.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 28, 2017, 09:15:35 pm
Well, that's not $8.4M per year.  That affiliate must have some bad info.

Tennessee math?  Seriously, with bonuses for division championships, conference championships, bowl games, graduation rates, etc., I guess it had the potential to hit $8.4MM.

1HourToHogville

He had a $3 million buyout clause.  Add that plus possible max incentive pay and it may have reached a total that averaged to $8.4 million.  I believe the average number was being exaggerated a bit by OSU folks. 

island hog

Just watched a Chris Low interview and he said that Tennessee now says that they may need a Tennessee man at the helm. Someone who knows the university and is a Volunteer through and through. Maybe Kevin Steele or Tee Martin... sound familiar?!

MissippHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 28, 2017, 08:36:23 pm
A Vol buddy of mine texted me saying he hopes they grab Kiffin before Arkansas does, hahaha.   

Hogarusa

Quote from: bigdogbitting on November 28, 2017, 08:47:12 pm
So much for players only meeting  at 8:30. Does seem a little odd to call a meeting to tell your team you are staying?

That was a fake tweet, there was no meeting. Random Guy changed his twitter profile name to a news station. Works every time
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HogPharmer

It's only a bluff if OSU matches or comes close to what someone else is offering him.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: MissippHog on November 28, 2017, 09:31:28 pm
A Vol buddy of mine texted me saying he hopes they grab Kiffin before Arkansas does, hahaha.

I hope they go for Kiffin before us, then fail to grab him. Tenner's current dumpster fire would turn into a burning man fire of epic proportions. They'll be looking to hire Kenny Chesney soon. He'll be the only one left that could fill that stadium.

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

247Hog

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 28, 2017, 09:40:45 pm
I hope they go for Kiffin before us, then fail to grab him. Tenner's current dumpster fire would turn into a burning man fire of epic proportions. They'll be looking to hire Kenny Chesney soon. He'll be the only one left that could fill that stadium.

You gotta believe, Butch Jones is rolling in laughter and money right now.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

HogPharmer

Quote from: 247Hog on November 28, 2017, 09:46:04 pm
You gotta believe, Butch Jones is rolling in laughter and money right now.

That gives me a disturbing image of Buzz McCallister laying on a bed covered in cash laughing