Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miss State Targeting Venables

Started by Hogfan46, November 27, 2017, 05:55:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Torqued pork

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 28, 2017, 02:28:29 am
If we can't compete with Miss State for a HC, then we have indeed sunk to a new low.
With what is about to hit Ole Miss, MSU wouldn't be a bad gig at all.

secfan30

Quote from: Mellon Collie on November 28, 2017, 06:20:21 am
good.  don't understand why some hog fans are clamoring to hire a career assistant. baffling.

The media talks him up and people follow like sheep. I wish someone would give me valid points in what he has done in his career that would show he can take us to the next level.

GoHogs1091

If Mississippi State hires Venables, the rest of the SEC West will be having a major problem.

I noticed over on Coaching Changes board over on another site that a Mississippi State fan posted that they are chocked full of 4 Star defensive players.

Basically, it looks like all Venables would need to do at State is bring in a Sam Bradford/Baker Mayfield type of a QB, and State will be a problem for the rest of the SEC West.

#1 STUNNA

Venables would make a plash at state before he would here. He wouldnt have to build much there. They already have a nice team of defensive talent unlike here at Arkansas.

Hawg Life

Quote from: TebowHater on November 27, 2017, 06:18:53 pm
Can't wait for them to hire Venables so we can continue to lose to MSU every year. He will shut down Norvells offense so fast, just like UCF did (13 points, lost by 27).

Norvell lost one game this year, but yeah let's only talk about that game, not his 18-6 body of work @ Memphis.

JONAS

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 28, 2017, 02:28:29 am
If we can't compete with Miss State for a HC, then we have indeed sunk to a new low.

I agree.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 28, 2017, 05:42:05 pm
Venables would make a plash at state before he would here. He wouldnt have to build much there. They already have a nice team of defensive talent unlike here at Arkansas.

In regards to the players that are already in place, Mississippi State is probably the best job opening in the SEC during this round of job openings.  Mullen has left a lot of good players in place there.  Regarding financial resources and facilities, Texas A&M is probably the best job opening in the SEC.

If State hires Venables, then we may need to forget about even getting any players in that state.  Even Ole Miss will have some trouble getting players in Mississippi because Venables will get that state locked-down.

I can see basically only 5 states Venables would need to recruit from if he is hired there, those states being Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.

PintailKiller

Miss St getting the Penn St OC to be their new HC.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

ballinhog

Whoever our top choice is needs to give us a yes or no answer now and if it's a no we need to offer Venables now before it's too late! If Gus keeps saying maybe then tell him nvm bc if it turns out that maybe is a no and we miss Venables, we will regret it.

Sivad

Quote from: Mellon Collie on November 28, 2017, 06:20:21 am
good.  don't understand why some hog fans are clamoring to hire a career assistant. baffling.

ipigsooie

Quote from: ballinhog on November 28, 2017, 08:41:32 pm
Whoever our top choice is needs to give us a yes or no answer now and if it's a no we need to offer Venables now before it's too late! If Gus keeps saying maybe then tell him nvm bc if it turns out that maybe is a no and we miss Venables, we will regret it.

It will never be too late for venables. He would still be there if we waited until January for Gus. For some strange reason he does all these interviews but never gets an offer. Always the bridesmaid.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 28, 2017, 08:43:09 pm
It will never be too late for venables. He would still be there if we waited until January for Gus. For some strange reason he does all these interviews but never gets an offer. Always the bridesmaid.

He actually doesn't interview much.  Per a relatively recent article, the last job he interviewed for was our job in 2012.

It seems like a lot that schools express interest in him at the same time he is preparing for a big game.

There was one year several years ago it was being reported that Miami (FL) (might have been Nebraska) was interested in him, but he was right in the middle of preparing for the Big 12 Conference Championship game.

TebowHater

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 28, 2017, 08:48:55 pm
He actually doesn't interview much. Per a relatively recent article, the last job he interviewed for was our job in 2012.

It seems like a lot that schools express interest in him at the same time he is preparing for a big game.

There was one year several years ago it was being reported that Miami (FL) (might have been Nebraska) was interested in him, but he was right in the middle of preparing for the Big 12 Conference Championship game.

Thanks for posting the facts. Totally correct - he is waiting for a select few jobs

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TebowHater on November 28, 2017, 09:09:58 pm
Thanks for posting the facts. Totally correct - he is waiting for a select few jobs

Is ours one of them?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GoHogs1091

Quote from: TebowHater on November 28, 2017, 09:09:58 pm

I frankly wouldn't be surprised if he has been told by the Clemson Athletic Administration that it is a guarantee that he will be Swinney's replacement if Swinney leaves (presumably Swinney leaves to go to Alabama).

A Head Coach-in-Waiting situation without it being publicly announced.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 28, 2017, 08:48:55 pm
He actually doesn't interview much.  Per a relatively recent article, the last job he interviewed for was our job in 2012.

say it aint so! a few months ago i posted that he tried to get this job twice and the board had a collective cow lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

David†

I don't think he wants to be a HC. Way too many jobs have been open over the years for him not to go after. He may like only having to coach 1/3 of the game and be known as one of the best.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 28, 2017, 05:44:57 pm
Norvell lost one game this year, but yeah let's only talk about that game, not his 18-6 body of work @ Memphis.
man. I hope they WAX THAT ASS this saturday. I will be watching intently.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang