Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennesee bails out of Schiano deal after fan backlash

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 26, 2017, 07:37:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

S.A.D.C

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 27, 2017, 01:10:13 am
This whole story is hilarious.

It is kinda funny- but also sad if you think about the fact that Schiano's public reputation was ruined by fans who pretended to care about victims of sexual assault and morals but actually just thought they deserved s better coach.  Twitter mobs are actually frightening. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 26, 2017, 08:13:10 pm
Wetzel has it right.

Maybe so but why would a good AD even take that chance and possibly catch a lot of flak.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

November 27, 2017, 06:51:18 am #52 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:01:40 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 26, 2017, 09:17:59 pm
How do you prove that he didn't know?  Isn't it just his word against anyone else's even if someone comes forward and says they knew he had knowledge of it? 

That's a tough spot to be in, and being falsely accused is also a horrible spot to be in.  Has more than one person come forward to suggest he had any knowledge of the situation? 

With any due process it is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty. One doesn't have to prove he didn't know one has to prove he did.  That being said in a lot of things that is damn near impossible so in this situation why even take a chance.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 27, 2017, 02:08:54 am
The thing about pedophilia is that you can be completely innocent, and yet be found completely guilty because of a false accusation. Whether it's true or not, his life is messed up. If his accuser is ever found to be a liar, they should be thrown under the jail.

You know what...it's not even worth typing anything regarding this topic, because it's going to be misconstrued, so I'm leaving it alone.  If TN is uncomfortable with the situation, then that's their prerogative, regardless of the "facts."  That's really all that needs to be said about it. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Grizzlyfan

The owner of the Tampa Bay Bucs says they vetted all of these questions about Schiano and Penn State and found nothing that should disqualify Schiano from any job.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 27, 2017, 10:37:53 am
The owner of the Tampa Bay Bucs says they vetted all of these questions about Schiano and Penn State and found nothing that should disqualify Schiano from any job.

Which begs the question...did the Vol fans just think they deserve a better coach and look to this as a good out?  Success at Rutgers, and failure at Tampa aren't exactly glowing resume items. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

depressed_fan

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 27, 2017, 10:44:56 am
Which begs the question...did the Vol fans just think they deserve a better coach and look to this as a good out?  Success at Rutgers, and failure at Tampa aren't exactly glowing resume items.

yes. Volnation has a thread up saying Dan Patrick blasted them on the radio this morning.

depressed_fan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 27, 2017, 06:51:18 am
With any due process it is supposer to be innocent until proven guilty. One doesn't have to prove he didn't know one has to prove he did.  That being said in a lot of things that is damn near impossible so in this situation why even take a chance.

whatever people think was possible he saw in a locker room between Jerry Sandusky and some unidentified person in the early 90s has nothing to do with his ability to coach now.

Let me play devils advocate a minute. If Schiano did see something inappropriate in a shower it's not his duty to walk up and investigate it. He may have been several feet away and not realized Sanduskys partner was underage.  Some kids that age can be as tall as small adults.  I don't think anyone back then had an idea Sandusky was plowing children in the university shower b/c it's outrageous and makes no sense.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 27, 2017, 11:35:23 am
whatever people think was possible he saw in a locker room between Jerry Sandusky and some unidentified person in the early 90s has nothing to do with his ability to coach now.

Let me play devils advocate a minute. If Schiano did see something inappropriate in a shower it's not his duty to walk up and investigate it. He may have been several feet away and not realized Sanduskys partner was underage.  Some kids that age can be as tall as small adults.  I don't think anyone back then had an idea Sandusky was plowing children in the university shower b/c it's outrageous and makes no sense.
It doggone sure is his duty to investigate and REPORT it. It is a crime to not report it.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 27, 2017, 11:35:23 am

There's so much fail in this post that there's not even a starting point.  When you even SUSPECT child abuse, you stop it, report it, and don't stop until something is done about it.  Period.  Not even up for discussion. 

I'd consider deleting that post man.  Bad.   ???

depressed_fan

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 27, 2017, 11:41:25 am
It doggone sure is his duty to investigate and REPORT it. It is a crime to not report it.

No I wouldn't agree with that. Unless he was hearing cries for help , he has no other choice but to assume 2 adults just got it on in a semi-public place unless it's obvious a child was involved but most likely it wasn't obvious under the circumstance. He's under no obligation to walk up on two people having sex in a lockerroom shower. Of course it's the wrong place for 2 male figures to do that, so he needs to report what he saw to someone, but to say he needs to walk in, investigate the age of the 2 parties, when they're are no cries for help, is uncalled for and not logical.

It's really no different than you walking into the mens room at a public restaurant and your seeing the back of one man covering another man against a wall. Your not walking over to check ages if the person you don't clearly see isn't so small it's obvious it's a sex victim, you're getting the hell out of there. Your not going to stand there and watch and try to figure out how old the parties are. Your going to close the door and stand there a few seconds and make sure there are no cries for help. You may call the police, you may tell the mcdonalds manager, but you don't have to go investigate who your watching and you're not going to go investigate who your watching. It may be a 12 year old kid who's about 5'8 like I was at 12 or it may be two 60 year olds that just happened upon each other. Your going to be shocked and disgusted and get the hell out of the room.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 27, 2017, 12:39:53 pm
No I wouldn't agree with that. Unless he was hearing cries for help , he has no other choice but to assume 2 adults just got it on in a semi-public place unless it's obvious a child was involved but most likely it wasn't obvious under the circumstance. He's under no obligation to walk up on two people having sex in a lockerroom shower. Of course it's the wrong place for 2 male figures to do that, so he needs to report what he saw to someone, but to say he needs to walk in, investigate the age of the 2 parties, when they're are no cries for help, is uncalled for and not logical.

It's really no different than you walking into the mens room at a public restaurant and your seeing the back of one man covering another man against a wall. Your not walking over to check ages if the person you don't clearly see isn't so small it's obvious it's a sex victim, you're getting the hell out of there. Your not going to stand there and watch and try to figure out how old the parties are. Your going to close the door and stand there a few seconds and make sure there are no cries for help. You may call the police, you may tell the mcdonalds manager, but you don't have to go investigate who your watching and you're not going to go investigate who your watching. It may be a 12 year old kid who's about 5'8 like I was at 12 or it may be two 60 year olds that just happened upon each other. Your going to be shocked and disgusted and get the hell out of the room.
Whatever. Those coaches knew Sandusky was there with kids. THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON SANDUSkY WAS THERE. They WANTED to remain ignorant.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 27, 2017, 12:45:10 pm
Whatever. Those coaches knew Sandusky was there with kids. THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON SANDUSkY WAS THERE. They WANTED to remain ignorant.

Unfortunately the DA that had McQueary working on his testimony for a year never heard one word about Schiano.

YJMSU.

But hey, at least you feel strongly about something, even if it is assumption based on multilayered hearsay denied by everyone and unusable in any court in the free world.

That's the stuff America was founded on.

Corkscrew Johnson

Funny/depressing how any Vol fan is pretending this is about Sandusky.

depressed_fan

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 27, 2017, 12:45:10 pm

Sandusky stopped coaching in 99. Schiano's last year there was 95. My impression has been Sandusky did a lot more work with the kids when he retired from the actual football coaching and kept an office up there.  Most likely Schiano himself had no reason to suspect from 91-95 Sandusky was banging kids in the lockerroom shower.  He may have witnessed some horseplay or sexual activity in a shower, but that doesn't mean he knew he was witnessing a child on the front end of it.  I think it's natural to not want to know.  Were kids or parents coming forward saying anything? If your sister or mother was on the front end of that, you probably wouldn't want to watch it or know about it either. You sure as hell would be shocked to walk in on it right?

All I'm getting at is, Tennessee ran off the best coach they were probably going to get b/c they are ignorant.  Some of the stuff I was reading on twitter and their forum yesterday was sad. It would be nice to see Tennessee get a good coach and start distributing talent more evenly instead of Alabama cherry picking almost everything. Maybe Florida can start that. Maybe we can. But Tennessee will get another Davis or Dooley.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 27, 2017, 01:36:42 pm
Funny/depressing how any Vol fan is pretending this is about Sandusky.

Yep.

A lynch mob scared up by boosters using some members of the media (Clay Travis & Barrett Sallee) to communicate the stupidity.

Großer Kriegschwein

Großer Kriegschwein