Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennesee bails out of Schiano deal after fan backlash

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 26, 2017, 07:37:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Simple Swineman

They are going to have to pay somebody $10 million and beg them to coach there. Talk about a dumpster fire. No sane coach will set foot on that campus. With all the other job openings available Tennessee will be at the bottom of the list for any decent coach.

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Simple Swineman on November 26, 2017, 07:43:04 pm
They are going to have to pay somebody $10 million and beg them to coach there. Talk about a dumpster fire. No sane coach will set foot on that campus. With all the other job openings available Tennessee will be at the bottom of the list for any decent coach.

Disagree. I think people had a legit reason for not liking the hire. Schiano is the one that is going to have a tough time.

Hawgphish

I am not sure about the backlash.  Is it legit?  I don't remember much about Paterno's assistants knowing about the abuse. 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 26, 2017, 07:50:22 pm
I am not sure about the backlash.  Is it legit?  I don't remember much about Paterno's assistants knowing about the abuse. 
Court documents suggest they DID know and did nothing.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 26, 2017, 07:51:54 pm

And that makes him a scumbag of the highest degree. He's toxic.

This is on the foolish hillbillies that thought he was the best they could do.

Großer Kriegschwein

If he had a 70% winning percentage as a HC, those signs would be completely different.
This is my non-signature signature.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 26, 2017, 07:56:23 pm
wow!

I had no idea about Schiano until this deal with Tennessee.  I kind of wish I didn't know now.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on November 26, 2017, 07:52:57 pm
And that makes him a scumbag of the highest degree. He's toxic.

This is on the foolish hillbillies that thought he was the best they could do.
He actually reported it to the next higher up in the chain of command. He was young and feared backlash the rest of his stay there and was honest and forthcoming with the FBI.
DONT JUST THROW NAMES LIKE SCUMBAG AT PEOPLE WHEN YOU'RE IGNORANT OF THE SITUATION.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BigSexyHog

Penn St should be shut down and so should anyone associated with the program when that POS child molester protector was head coach.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Martygit

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 26, 2017, 07:58:19 pm
I had no idea about Schiano until this deal with Tennessee.  I kind of wish I didn't know now.

Back then, it was all over the media - the difference is that we didn't have any idea who Schiano was or that he was significant enough to give a $hit about - now he is and it is coming back to haunt him - well deserved
RIP OTR, REV

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 26, 2017, 07:53:37 pm
If he had a 70% winning percentage as a HC, those signs would be completely different.
No it wouldn't. Those men saw little boys raped and did nothing. The whole bunch should have show cause against them.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Hawghiggs

Quote from: BigSexyHog on November 26, 2017, 08:02:52 pm
Penn St should be shut down and so should anyone associated with the program when that POS child molester protector was head coach.

Could not agree more.

island hog

Wonder if OSU will start getting some heat over him.

KCRazorbackfan

And you don't think Arkansas will be close to the bottom of that list also?  Sure, there will be COORDINATORS galore to pick from, but a decent "name" coach?  I sure hope to hell that Hog fans can create a backlash and get the hire stopped if JCP and the BOT pick someone that isn't someone we expect to lead the Hogs back into SEC prominence. 
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 26, 2017, 08:04:28 pm
No it wouldn't. Those men saw little boys raped and did nothing. The whole bunch should have show cause against them.

Well we'll disagree then.

Oliver

If anything this whole ordeal will make life harder (and rightfully so) on Schiano.  Tennessee will have a chance to do it right this time.  I just hope it isn't one of our coaching candidates

Großer Kriegschwein

Temprees

I disagree

Großer Kriegschwein

Multilayer heresay.

Never came up in any of the criminal proceedings, but was mention by mcQueary during a deposition of the civil case.

HoggyCat

They're not gonna have much money left.

For some reason I can't attach pics from my phone now, but there are reports he's due a $20M buyout.

He earned $10M per hour today. 😂😂😂😂
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Tigaman

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 26, 2017, 08:29:51 pm
They're not gonna have much money left.

For some reason I can't attach pics from my phone now, but there are reports he's due a $20M buyout.

He earned $10M per hour today. 😂😂😂😂

$10 million a week. The rumor was that he signed the contract right after they fired Butch Jones.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

moses_007

They better go back to Phil Fulmer.  Think he was the last successful coach they had.

HogPharmer

So there's no "riot" clause in there that lets Tenner off the hook? Lol
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Tigaman on November 26, 2017, 08:31:10 pm
$10 million a week. The rumor was that he signed the contract right after they fired Butch Jones.

Contingent upon gruden I suppose?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

urkillnmesmalls

The reporters on ESPN all day have said that it was politicians that were blocking the move.  That may be the result of fans who have brought GS's past into question, but I don't think you can pin it solely on fans who didn't want him to be the coach.

What is bizarre to me is...why would UT hire him to begin with, if they thought he had ANY knowledge of the heinous things that went on at Penn State.  If there is one thing that has come out of that debacle, it's that if you were anywhere close to being a PSU employee during that time, and you weren't willing to literally physically stop what was going on...you're a monster, and rightfully so.  How do you even hear a RUMOR that was going on, and not do everything in your power to stop it?  Unreal. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hoglady

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 26, 2017, 08:02:49 pm
He actually reported it to the next higher up in the chain of command. He was young and feared backlash the rest of his stay there and was honest and forthcoming with the FBI.
DONT JUST THROW NAMES LIKE SCUMBAG AT PEOPLE WHEN YOU'RE IGNORANT OF THE SITUATION.

I'm sorry but that's a cop out.
If you know or see child abuse you go to the police.
Allowing something like that to be swept under the rug for fear of damaging your career isn't a good reason to stay silent. Report it and find another job at a place that doesn't look the other way while a pedophile rapes kids in the shower.
There's no gray here.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hoglady on November 26, 2017, 08:55:01 pm
Allowing something like that to be swept under the rug for fear of damaging your career isn't a good reason to stay silent. Report it and find another job at a place that doesn't look the other way while a pedophile rapes kids in the shower.
There's no gray here.

None of that was ever said.

It was multilayer hearsay. Both Bradley and Schiano deny it. Schiano Denys it ever happened, and Bradley denies ever having a conversation with McQueary about it.

McQueary said all this AFTER the criminal case was completed.

If he had helped cover it up, then he would have been charged with the rest.

depressed_fan

Quote from: hoglady on November 26, 2017, 08:55:01 pm
There's no gray here.

No one has any proof that's what happened or that's what Schiano witnessed.

Mike Mcqueary just testified in a deposition that's what he heard as a rumor, years after Mcqueary arrived on campus. Years AFTER Schiano was long gone. It was Mcquery's own civil suit against Penn State aledging whistle blower law that Mcqueary testified to this alleged rumor, hearsay.  Well Mcqueary had every logical reason to lie and say he "heard" someone else say what someone else saw years ago, b/c it helps mcqueary's case for damages. Schiano deny's it and hasn't been given any sort of due process over the "rumor"

It's real unfair to Schiano.  The funny this is, Schiano did a great job at Rutgers. Rutgers was horrible from the mid 80's until he got there in 2001 His first 2 years were bad, but if you throw them out his record was real good by Rutgers standards. The interesting thing is, if Tennessee fans had of just educated themselves on what they were reading online, they would probably have a real good football coach tonight. Those people are dumber than our people.   Leave it to them to screw it up like they did running off Fulmer.

jlhogfan

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 26, 2017, 09:08:43 pm

Mike Mcqueary just testified in a deposition that's what he heard as a rumor, years after Mcqueary arrived on campus. Years AFTER Schiano was long gone. It was Mcquery's own civil suit against Penn State aledging whistle blower law that Mcqueary testified to this alleged rumor, hearsay.  Well Mcqueary had every logical reason to lie and say he "heard" someone else say what someone else saw years ago, b/c it helps mcqueary's case for damages. Schiano deny's it and hasn't been given any sort of due process over the "rumor"

It's real unfair to Schiano.  The funny this is, Schiano did a great job at Rutgers. Rutgers was horrible from the mid 80's until he got there in 2001 His first 2 years were bad, but if you throw them out his record was real good by Rutgers standards. The interesting thing is, if Tennessee fans had of just educated themselves on what they were reading online, they would probably have a real good football coach tonight. Those people are dumber than our people.   Leave it to them to screw it up like they did running off Fulmer.

lol...My new favorite quote

urkillnmesmalls

How do you prove that he didn't know?  Isn't it just his word against anyone else's even if someone comes forward and says they knew he had knowledge of it? 

That's a tough spot to be in, and being falsely accused is also a horrible spot to be in.  Has more than one person come forward to suggest he had any knowledge of the situation? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hoglady

It's real unfair to Schiano.  The funny this is, Schiano did a great job at Rutgers. Rutgers was horrible from the mid 80's until he got there in 2001 His first 2 years were bad, but if you throw them out his record was real good by Rutgers standards. The interesting thing is, if Tennessee fans had of just educated themselves on what they were reading online, they would probably have a real good football coach tonight. Those people are dumber than our people.   Leave it to them to screw it up like they did running off Fulmer.

Why did the judge ever make that deposition public??
Seems pretty unfair to all involved.
Seems the names could have been redacted or something.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LRRandy

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 26, 2017, 09:00:20 pm
None of that was ever said.

It was multilayer hearsay. Both Bradley and Schiano deny it. Schiano Denys it ever happened, and Bradley denies ever having a conversation with McQueary about it.

McQueary said all this AFTER the criminal case was completed.

If he had helped cover it up, then he would have been charged with the rest.
both correct. What happened at Penn St was horrible. Attaching  Schiano to it without proof is asinine.
This is fun, isn't it.

depressed_fan

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 26, 2017, 09:17:59 pm
How do you prove that he didn't know?  Isn't it just his word against anyone else's even if someone comes forward and says they knew he had knowledge of it? 

That's a tough spot to be in, and being falsely accused is also a horrible spot to be in.  Has more than one person come forward to suggest he had any knowledge of the situation? 

I doubt it seriously. No one has to prove he didn't know, b/c he's not on trial for knowingly covering it up. Tennessee people are merely going off a rumor Mcqueary said in a deposition that he heard. Which helped Mcqueary's claim in a deposition by suggesting it in the first place. Which in a trial A judge would have struck from the record. In a damn deposition you can say whatever you want to say.

S.A.D.C

Wrong question... the question is can you prove he DID know?  You can't prove he didn't know but the burden of proof should always be on proving he DID know.  Innocence until proven guilty is the bedrock of our justice system and sadly it seems to never translate to the court of public opinion.

Be clear on the facts here:  ONE person told this story (and the story was what someone else told them Schiano said to them).  That is the definition of hearsay.  There are 1,000s of pages of legal proceedings around all of these cases (the criminal and multiple civil) and this came up in one deposition.  The DA was VERY aggressive in going after ANYONE they thought they had evidence on in this case and the DA never pursued anything on Schiano.  There is LITERALLY no evidence he saw anything, just one guy's testimony in a civil case. 

S.A.D.C

That is misleading.  By court documents you mean ONE deposition.  And by suggest you mean complete hearsay. 

There are 1,000s of documents about this case- his name was mentioned in ONE deposition.  There is zero evidence- just one person telling what another person told him years before.

S.A.D.C

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 26, 2017, 08:04:28 pm

Agree completely:  anyone who saw anything and did nothing should have a show cause or be in jail.  But it is very likely that Schiano wasn't one of those men.  There is almost no evidence to suggest he saw anything.  Better be DAMN sure someone is guilty before ending their career. 

Großer Kriegschwein

The only one is McQueary, and it did not come out during the criminal proceedings. It came out in a deposition he gave for a case between the university and their insurance company in 2015.

NaturalStateReb

Tennessee could do worse than Schiano, and soon will.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Großer Kriegschwein

leroyhawg

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on November 26, 2017, 08:03:47 pm
Back then, it was all over the media - the difference is that we didn't have any idea who Schiano was or that he was significant enough to give a $hit about - now he is and it is coming back to haunt him - well deserved
If he reported it how can you hold him responsible, with all the sexual abuse cases in the news from political figures, President included, Stars from TV. Sexual abuse has been here forever and it's not going away the people that condemn it the most are usually perps.

Let this guy go thru a judge and see if he did anything wrong, give people a chance to clear their name before you condemn.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

pigture perfect

The thing about pedophilia is that you can be completely innocent, and yet be found completely guilty because of a false accusation. Whether it's true or not, his life is messed up. If his accuser is ever found to be a liar, they should be thrown under the jail.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"