Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No respect

Started by ShadowHawg, November 26, 2017, 03:35:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Won't even talk about us during our own game!

TNhawgfan

It's not us. He does the same crap regardless who's playing
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hawgphish

ShadowHawg

They didn't have to assign him to all 3 of our games! He is constantly slurping his drool. It's gross!

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: TNhawgfan on November 26, 2017, 03:37:51 pm

This. It's just the product you get when Babbling Billy gets a headset.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Arazorbackguy1

It's weird, ESPN loves him. Did you hear the studio guys rave about him during a timeout?  Crazy
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

hawgball40

rude1

He isn't even watching the game today

ShadowHawg

Watch the UNC game. Completely different.

No stupid facts, just game analysis.

Bacon_Bitz

I'm sure espn told him to button it up a little for the prime time game

Bogghawg

If I were that play by play guy I would positively murder Bill. And I mean literally, like with a gun.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Youngsta71701

Quote from: TNhawgfan on November 26, 2017, 03:37:51 pm
Yep, Walton has got to be the worse. He just goes on and on about nothin. :puke:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 26, 2017, 04:11:38 pm
It's weird, ESPN loves him. Did you hear the studio guys rave about him during a timeout?  Crazy
It's because he's totally different from the norm.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

3kgthog

Quote from: Bogghawg on November 26, 2017, 08:18:32 pm
If I were that play by play guy I would positively murder Bill. And I mean literally, like with a gun.

There were times when I felt like he just wanted to say, "Why am I stuck with this idiot?" It reminded me of the time the hot mic caught Chuck Barrett tearing into the sound tech.

popcornhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 26, 2017, 03:35:41 pm
Won't even talk about us during our own game!

That's Bill Walton.

He could be calling the 1996 Bulls against the 2016 Warriors and he probably wouldn't talk about the game.
WPS

Bogghawg

What's your favorite river in Oregon?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

LRHawg

I can't believe he still gets asked to call games. Maybe it's me but I just don't find the guy interesting at all.

JONAS

Quote from: LRHawg on November 26, 2017, 09:40:52 pm
I can't believe he still gets asked to call games. Maybe it's me but I just don't find the guy interesting at all.

He cracked me up.  I just didn't like the split screen.

BadHog

It was boring and stupid rambling. This was a basketball game not a talk show.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

greenEGnHAWGS

What are you reading now? Oh really? What's that about...?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

bigred223

Quote from: JONAS on November 26, 2017, 10:02:01 pm
He cracked me up.  I just didn't like the split screen.

I couldn't help but laugh at some of it as well. Roxy deserves a medal for putting up with him the entire tournament though.

parallaxpig

No respect because we got Walton all three games............that's cruel and unusual punishment.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

gmarv

Quote from: BadHog on November 26, 2017, 10:06:03 pm
It was boring and stupid rambling. This was a basketball game not a talk show.
You stole my line.Watching the game in silence was better than that crap.

Hawg Red

I grew up on Bill Walton on the NBA on NBC in the '90s, but he just doesn't care anymore. Obvious about it, too.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 27, 2017, 06:36:16 am
No respect because we got Walton all three games............that's cruel and unusual punishment.
Positive of this is he saw us beat two solid teams and play competitively against UNC. Perhaps one of his ramblings in 2 months will talk about Arkansas.
ESPN likes him due to the fact that he's not just a stuffy announcer. They've learned that people almost never tune in for solid analysis, they tune in to be entertained. Arkansas and UConn fans probably hated him yesterday, but a random Colorado or Texas fan may have tuned in, heard him say something ridiculous, and watched for half an hour. We're not turning him off, because it's our team.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

AugustaHog

I think if there had been anything of value during the game, he would've been a little better on track.  It's hard to get real excited over anything during a 35-40 pt. beatdown.  The PBP guy tried to get excited a couple times when they cut it to 10, but it was completely manufactured.  He didn't think for one second that they were going to sustain that.  On the bright side, I know so much more about the Columbia River and it's France-sized watershed!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Bogghawg on November 26, 2017, 09:02:38 pm
What's your favorite river in Oregon?

I want to know more about solar panels....and I even have 32 panels on my roof!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!