Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booger McFarland takes a shot at AR.

Started by harrisburghog, November 25, 2017, 07:43:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 26, 2017, 05:14:34 pm
No.

The excrement would be to not grasp reality.

Average 8.0-8.5 wins per year, over time.  Then we can talk.  That does NOT preclude an SEC or National Title (or a four win season).

Booger's premise is -- in general -- accurate.  To not perceive it is to not accept what is real.

How do you get to 8.5 if you don't hire a coach that can get you to 8.5?  Booger thinks we need to hire a coach that can win 6-7. 

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 26, 2017, 05:14:34 pm
No.

The excrement would be to not grasp reality.

Average 8.0-8.5 wins per year, over time.  Then we can talk.  That does NOT preclude an SEC or National Title (or a four win season).

Booger's premise is -- in general -- accurate.  To not perceive it is to not accept what is real.

If this is the true case, then just shutdown the football program.  What's the point?
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

johnny cash

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HogBreath on November 25, 2017, 08:01:25 am
Every year thirteen of the fourteen SEC teams will not win a championship, so we've got plenty of good company there.

Petrino showed that it can be done here, no question there, sadly, we had a self serving AD who used Jessica gate to further his own agenda.  CBP got the blame, and why not, he's an easy mark, but it was Long, who was even more derelict in his duty to the program.
Preach On !  I think Long was wanting details and didn't get them from Petrino. The whole thing became a power play and the UA mistakenly fired the wrong man. We kept inferiority and fired an offensive football savant. Okay, that's done, let's see if the UA has learned from it's mistakes. The administration is off to a good start on the way back to respectability but there is a long way to go yet. The first two steps were good ones, now let's see what happens.

ad: so as to not derail the thread, Booger McFarland (Ruck, on an old, very old Star Trek episode) can jump up and bite my hiney. Or fall down and do it, doesn't matter, jut so it gets done.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Peter Porker

Quote from: HogBreath on November 25, 2017, 08:01:25 am
Every year thirteen of the fourteen SEC teams will not win a championship, so we've got plenty of good company there.

Petrino showed that it can be done here, no question there, sadly, we had a self serving AD who used Jessica gate to further his own agenda.  CBP got the blame, and why not, he's an easy mark, but it was Long, who was even more derelict in his duty to the program.

When did he win a championship while here?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Peter Porker on November 27, 2017, 07:02:52 am
When did he win a championship while here?

He's been a head coach 13 years now and won two conference titles and one division title. All at Louisville.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Elguapo501

Remember booger before Saban LSU was Kentucky in football

Seebs

Four pages on what Booger McFarland said.  We are a sorry lot.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Grag T

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 27, 2017, 11:50:19 am
Why are you even here?

Mostly he just posts about when Ryan Mallett stole his girlfriend a few years ago.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Grag T on November 27, 2017, 12:06:11 pm
Mostly he just posts about when Ryan Mallett stole his girlfriend a few years ago.

Sad...KC people are the most uninformed people on the planet.  They actually think they know how to do bbq.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Razorbackers

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 27, 2017, 02:19:38 pm
Sad...KC people are the most uninformed people on the planet.  They actually think they know how to do bbq.

I've lived here for a while now and I gotta say, they know what they're doing.

elkhog

Quote from: harrisburghog on November 25, 2017, 07:43:26 am
Said AR cannot win a national championship, best we can hope for is to beat LSU and Auburn. Also took issue with how B.B. was fired. Said we should recognize our ceiling. I SAY PI$$ ON YOU BOOGER!!!!!!!!

Frick em.  They want us to make a mediocre hire and keep less than stellar coaches.  That's been apparent for years.  I smirk every time I hear their Fake crap.  If we were a winner the media would still find a way to downplay it.
GO HOGS!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 27, 2017, 02:21:15 pm
I've lived here for a while now and I gotta say, they know what they're doing.

Not gonna lie, I've had some good KC bbq...I just think it's funny that anyplace in the country critiques everyone else's bbq!

Here in Texas, they think they have the best--and most places don't even do pork!!

Pig In The City

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pig In The City on November 27, 2017, 02:56:59 pm
Does anyone really care? No.

I hope you're not trying to derail a good bbq thread...

Grag T

I had a brisket sandwich the other day at Dickey's bbq that was one of the tastiest things ever. 

Well actually I had two of them.  Might've gone for a third if I didn't enjoy the sides so much.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Grag T on November 27, 2017, 03:22:35 pm
I had a brisket sandwich the other day at Dickey's bbq that was one of the tastiest things ever. 

Well actually I had two of them.  Might've gone for a third if I didn't enjoy the sides so much.

Dickey's is not bad, some local stores are better than others.  We had one close to us, was absolutely incredible!  They went out of business.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 27, 2017, 04:15:09 pm
In college, over a 3-day weekend, friends and I sent individual cars to KC, Memphis and Dallas (from Fayetteville) returning with ribs and burnt ends.

I preferred KC but I'm a burnt ends guy: pretty redneck as BBQ goes.

Hard 8's is about as good as I've had in Dallas...and it isn't worth driving to from Fayetteville!

tbhogfan

Said AR cannot win a national championship, best we can hope for is to beat LSU and Auburn. Also took issue with how B.B. was fired. Said we should recognize our ceiling. I SAY PI$$ ON YOU BOOGER!!!!!!!!
Arkansas has "failed to recognize our ceiling" 44 times, Booger. 
Go Hogs!

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: tbhogfan on November 27, 2017, 04:33:23 pm
Arkansas has "failed to recognize our ceiling" 44 times, Booger.

Lol. His name is Booger.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 27, 2017, 05:31:45 pm
We were kids and didn't know anything, thought "good BBQ" was in the big name cities.

Negative.  The best is in the ghetto and/or middle of nowhere.

Lockhart Smokehouse in Plano opened just before we moved...it was good.  Really good!

And of course, City Market in Luling, TX is pretty good, too!

Best bet is to stick with the brisket or hot links in TX, however.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Seebs on November 27, 2017, 07:20:01 am
Four pages on what Booger McFarland said.  We are a sorry lot.

I agree.  Who cares?  Dari and Booger loved being around CBB,  Plus Arkansas is small state.  They will take the path of least resistance every time.

johnny cash

At Arkansas people are happy with 8 to 9 wins. It's about integrity. Booger is a homer, but not near the homerism of this fan base.

okrazorback

If we can beat LSU & Auburn that could put us in the search for a National championship and I think with the right coach I think we can.

okrazorback

Quote from: okrazorback on November 27, 2017, 11:15:00 pm

If we can beat LSU & Auburn that could put us in the search for a National championship and I think with the right coach we can.

okrazorback

Quote from: hoghiker on November 25, 2017, 07:50:53 am
He's right. I'm not sure how you look at the last 30 years and see it differently. BB didn't work out. Everyone understands that. Most of the national media, which is mostly regional media, seem to think BB recovers before we do. I hope we both do well.BB obviously loves Arkansas. Too bad it didn't work out for all concerned.

Trade BB for BP or Gus

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 27, 2017, 04:32:17 pm
Hard 8's is about as good as I've had in Dallas...and it isn't worth driving to from Fayetteville!

One of these days I need to drive over and try it but I know it can't be as good as what comes off my Weber Smokey Mountain in Allen  ;D

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 27, 2017, 05:36:58 pm
Lockhart Smokehouse in Plano opened just before we moved...it was good.  Really good!

And of course, City Market in Luling, TX is pretty good, too!

Best bet is to stick with the brisket or hot links in TX, however.

True. Only thing these places down here can do well is the beef.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 28, 2017, 12:47:12 am
One of these days I need to drive over and try it but I know it can't be as good as what comes off my Weber Smokey Mountain in Allen  ;D

Yep, your smoker will be better--and considerably cheaper.  They charge by the ounce and are pretty proud of their product.

Grag T

I have a smoker I've used a zillion times over the last 4 years, but have yet to clean it.  I mean, I clean the racks of course, and scrape the bottom out, but I've never cleaned the walls... just seems like that would be a nightmare.  Hope I don't create some new kind of disease or something...

Vantage 8 dude

I could honestly care less about what Booger or anyone else says about our program. All I need know is that the folks on the Hill are apparently dedicated to finding a better path and no longer willing to just sit about and accept mediocrity (at best). Changes had to be made whether anyone else outside the program/fan base thought so or not.

JMartin_AF1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 28, 2017, 10:52:04 am
I could honestly care less about what Booger or anyone else says about our program. All I need know is that the folks on the Hill are apparently dedicated to finding a better path and no longer willing to just sit about and accept mediocrity (at best). Changes had to be made whether anyone else outside the program/fan base thought so or not.
I agree.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 28, 2017, 10:52:04 am

What's that have to do with bbq?  Quit derailing this thread!