Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs. UConn 2pm Sunday

Started by The_Iceman, November 25, 2017, 06:42:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Should be a good matchup. Hogs have have a good chance to win.

TexArkHogFan

I don't see any TV listing.  Will it be televised?
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

BRHogfan

Arkansas is favored by ESPN's game predictor like 80% to win. 

UCONN and Oregon combined to shoot 57 free throws.  UCONN won despite shooting 37.9% and 17% from three. 

ADavisTheGOAT

UCONN will beat us if Macon cannot play.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Rawker

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on November 25, 2017, 10:06:20 am

Macon is obviously a big time player for us, but I don't necessarily agree.  When Macon went out and Gafford and Bailey came in, they caused a ton of disruption, and the lead immediately went from 16 to 7, so it's not like they can't do anything without him.  To me, the key is, Beard HAS to find a way to be a better overall player at that position by looking for his teammates more and leaning less on himself.  When the ball gets in his hands, it seems like 85% of the time that's where the movement ends and it's going to the hole, often in very ill-advised situations...."Hmm...me against three 7 footers....yeah, that's perfect for me."  Now Barford doing that is great, Beard not so much.  That's the main thing for me, Beard doing strictly what he is ABLE to do and allowing Gafford, Barford, and Macon (if he plays) more opportunities to do what they do.  If that happens, we win.  Same with Thomas - do what you are ABLE to do, take a shot if it's wide open, otherwise look for the guys who are most likely to take the team to the promised land (JayBird, Macon, DG10).     

labb

If Macon can not play then Jones has got to be on with his shot.

Danny J

ESPN is showing tOSU vs Butler at 2. I looked through all the other ESPN channels and don't see it mentioned. Maybe Directv has it listed wrong

Dr. Starcs

Cox lists Ohio St / butler at 2 pm on Espn AND espn2.

Wth

hawgball40

To my untrained eye it looks like they were getting screwed a bit by the refs vs MSU. one thing i noticed, they make up for their lack of offensive prowess with harassing defense. They've got some size in side and their gaurds are good penetrators. They will be a tough out IMO. We are so heavily favored because of our offense that looked awesome until yesterday when it laid its first egg. If we're fresh tomorrow, we can hang, but we have to hit our shots and pound the rock inside.

The_Iceman

alohawg

Huge game,  big difference between 1-2 and 2-1, not to mention the momentum gained.
With or without Macon,  I'm hoping for more Bailey and less Thomas. We are just much better with Bailey, imo. Thomas makes me nervous every time he touches the ball and he's a liability on defense, too stiff.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogs49ers

I do not see anyway that Macon would be able to go by tomorrow.  I mean I saw it, and it looked pretty bad, but he trying to jog in the back hallway and get back out there.  The problem is that the sprained ankle has most likely only gotten much worse since then.  I do not know any information and I hope I am wrong, but I bet he woke up and had a hard time even standing on it today.
SCREW Vandy!

alohawg

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 25, 2017, 03:59:43 pm
I do not see anyway that Macon would be able to go by tomorrow.  I mean I saw it, and it looked pretty bad, but he trying to jog in the back hallway and get back out there.  The problem is that the sprained ankle has most likely only gotten much worse since then.  I do not know any information and I hope I am wrong, but I bet he woke up and had a hard time even standing on it today.

That's right, been there myself. No doubt his ankle is swollen, feels sore and really stiff today.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

b-ball coach

Quote from: alohawg on November 25, 2017, 01:48:55 pm
Huge game,  big difference between 1-2 and 2-1, not to mention the momentum gained.
With or without Macon,  I'm hoping for more Bailey and less Thomas. We are just much better with Bailey, imo. Thomas makes me nervous every time he touches the ball and he's a liability on defense, too stiff.

We are better without Thomas. I hope Gafford, Bailey, Jones and Hall get more minutes. You can't match their athleticism with Beard, Thompson and Thomas. Those 3 need to play about 10-15 minutes a game and let the guys with major upside develop. We are so much better defensively and in transition when that group is on the floor.

BrooklynRoss

This is how it should be in the pre-conference season. We got waxed by a very good NC team that played a perfect game. So what? Brush it off and get ready for another titan of college basketball two days later. And we've got a great shot at winning. I'm loving our schedule so far. We're playing real games and when we get beat, it's a real-world learning experience. Love this schedule and this team.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on November 25, 2017, 04:32:36 pm
This is how it should be in the pre-conference season. We got waxed by a very good NC team that played a perfect game. So what? Brush it off and get ready for another titan of college basketball two days later. And we've got a great shot at winning. I'm loving our schedule so far. We're playing real games and when we get beat, it's a real-world learning experience. Love this schedule and this team.
I agree with you man. We want to be a top dawg we gotta take the bumps and the bruises that come with it. The thing I love about college basketball is its a long season and nowhere near time to panic.

bigred223

Quote from: b-ball coach on November 25, 2017, 04:27:04 pm

We are better without Thomas. I hope Gafford, Bailey, Jones and Hall get more minutes. You can't match their athleticism with Beard, Thompson and Thomas. Those 3 need to play about 10-15 minutes a game and let the guys with major upside develop. We are so much better defensively and in transition when that group is on the floor.

Yep i think Thompson should come in the second unit and facilitate to cutting hall and Gabe o.

Rbill

I completely disagree. Macon and/or Barford + Gafford are the keys to our success. Macon went out and Barford decided to step up. Around this time coach also remembered we had more than 5 players and we went on a run.
Missing Macon and Barford at the same time would be bad. And sitting Gafford for extended time is even worse.

HawgsPolo

2-1 would be a good showing for the hogs.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Birminghog

My WatchESPN app shows us on ESPN at 2:30. Butler v. Ohio State on ESPN2 @ 2:30.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Birminghog on November 25, 2017, 07:57:10 pm
My WatchESPN app shows us on ESPN at 2:30. Butler v. Ohio State on ESPN2 @ 2:30.

My direct TV guide has it on ESPN at 2.

hview

Has anyone heard an update on Macon?

JONAS

RebHog

Are you going to do this all year? lol  8)

hawgball40

Quote from: RebHog on November 25, 2017, 09:21:18 pm
Are you going to do this all year? lol  8)
He didn't for the UNC game. traitor

Dr. Starcs

Cox in nwa now showing our game at 2 on ESPN.