Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jahbril Price-Noel

Started by MakingPlays, November 11, 2017, 01:01:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MakingPlays

He's been lighting up lately at SCA, anybody seen him play?  Is he a SF or PF?  He seems like a guy that's going to be highly sought after in the Spring.

Kevin, you have any updated info on him?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 11, 2017, 01:01:41 am
He's been lighting up lately at SCA, anybody seen him play?  Is he a SF or PF?  He seems like a guy that's going to be highly sought after in the Spring.

Kevin, you have any updated info on him?

Yes, I've seen him in multiple practices, jamboree games against juco players, and in HS games ... he's c/o 2018 ... a 6-6 / 6-7 wing/SF who can stroke the 3, drive and finish or facilitate for others ... nice player, really like his game ... Hogs are recruiting him.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on November 11, 2017, 01:19:22 am
Yes, I've seen him in multiple practices, jamboree games against juco players, and in HS games ... he's c/o 2018 ... a 6-6 / 6-7 wing/SF who can stroke the 3, drive and finish or facilitate for others ... nice player, really like his game ... Hogs are recruiting him.

You think he's a high major guy?  I know he probably has a different game than Gabe, but how would you compare him as a prospect, think he has a higher upside?  Just watched a couple of highlights of his on youtube, very intriguing prospect.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 11, 2017, 01:47:28 am
You think he's a high major guy?  I know he probably has a different game than Gabe, but how would you compare him as a prospect, think he has a higher upside?  Just watched a couple of highlights of his on youtube, very intriguing prospect.

JPN can play at the high major level, no doubt about it. He and Gabe are different kind of players, both have a nice upside in the right situation. I hear that Gabe absolutely loves being a Hog (he played well tonite vs. Samford, BTW, getting a dunk and he drew 2 charges in 10 minutes).

MakingPlays

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on November 11, 2017, 02:01:42 am
JPN can play at the high major level, no doubt about it. He and Gabe are different kind of players, both have a nice upside in the right situation. I hear that Gabe absolutely loves being a Hog (he played well tonite vs. Samford, BTW, getting a dunk and he drew 2 charges in 10 minutes).

Yea, Gabe looked good tonight. I actually really watched him for a couple minutes, he's really solid on defense, all his rotations were good.  I'm starting to become a fan of SCA.
They don't really produce any superstars or one and done type of players, but all of the guys that come out of their program are solid players that come in and are ready to contribute right away.

jjdlc

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 11, 2017, 02:19:07 am
Yea, Gabe looked good tonight. I actually really watched him for a couple minutes, he's really solid on defense, all his rotations were good.  I'm starting to become a fan of SCA.
They don't really produce any superstars or one and done type of players, but all of the guys that come out of their program are solid players that come in and are ready to contribute right away.

Agreed, I think Gabe could grow into a very solid piece for us.

hawkhawg

Jahbril is better then Gabe on offense, but Gabe is an elite defender.

mhuff

I was not able to see the game. The general consensus seems to be that we were able to score inside and play defense. My questions are if anyone knows many TO's did we have ,and how many TO's did we force. Also, wondering if we pressed and how effective it was. I don't know if stats are available, but any input on these questions would be appreciated.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: mhuff on November 11, 2017, 06:16:26 pm
I was not able to see the game. The general consensus seems to be that we were able to score inside and play defense. My questions are if anyone knows many TO's did we have ,and how many TO's did we force. Also, wondering if we pressed and how effective it was. I don't know if stats are available, but any input on these questions would be appreciated.

We forced 19 TOs and scored 35 pts off those TOs.  They forced 11 TOs, but only scored 14 pts off of them.  We are a very good fast break/transition team clearly.
SCREW Vandy!

mhuff

Thanks, sounds really good. It's what I'm looking and hoping to see as normal. What about the press. Was it run well. These games and practices are crucial to fine tuning this stuff. I want the good teams to fear us.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hawkhawg on November 11, 2017, 08:44:12 am
Jahbril is better then Gabe on offense, but Gabe is an elite defender.

Saying he is better than Gabe of offense is faint praise at this point. But if Gabe is an elite defender, CMA will keep him around. Good size and frame with a year in the system. Could be a keeper.

jjdlc

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 12, 2017, 12:33:49 am
We forced 19 TOs and scored 35 pts off those TOs.  They forced 11 TOs, but only scored 14 pts off of them.  We are a very good fast break/transition team clearly.

From what I saw, we forced them into a lot of bad shots too, particularly in the first half.  If our defense plays like that the rest of the season, we'll be competitive in every game.

NWAHog479

Gabe has been a bright spot the last 2 games. He plays hard and could end up being a good role player down the road.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: NWAHog479 on November 13, 2017, 09:12:37 am
Gabe has been a bright spot the last 2 games. He plays hard and could end up being a good role player down the road.

Down the road? I feel like he is already a pretty good role player as a true freshman, pretty incredible.  He is doing all the small things that CMA loves, getting tough rebounds, playing really solid defense, cleaning up around the basket, and he already has 3 freaking charges in 2 games, that is not a coincidence or lucky, he is in the right spots because he is a very smart player.  Very exciting to see him play like this early, definitely did not expect it.

Come to think of it, I am really actually happy a couple of our other combo 3-4s are suspended because that is giving these young guys like DayDay and Gabe huge opportunities to show what they can bring early, plus Bailey has taken full advantage of the situation and none of that may have worked out if those guys did not get suspended.
SCREW Vandy!

moses_007