Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could 2018 be a Ford/Nutt-like year?

Started by redleg, October 18, 2017, 11:38:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

Some things Bielema has done well is keep his players out of trouble and going to the classroom, and he has also done a pretty good job of recruiting. There IS talent on this team! But it's not being coached properly, there is no player development, and there are a number of players playing at the wrong position or not at all when they should be on the field.
Danny Ford did the same thing in his last two years in Fayetteville.
Then, here comes a new coach with a new staff and a new philosophy, and BAM!!! 9 wins and an SEC West title!
If Arkansas hires the right coach, I see no reason why the same thing can't happen again. The 2018 squad might not win the West, but they could win 9 or 10 games and go to a great bowl!
???
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hogsanity

That happens alot of places. New guy comes in a reaps the rewards of the recruiting job the previous guy did.

You really see no reason they can not win 9 or 10 games? They have to play a SEC schedule that includes Bama, Aub and LSU.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MTBrookHog

I started to post that very question. That is my hope for next year.

redleg

Quote from: hogsanity on October 18, 2017, 11:43:50 am
That happens alot of places. New guy comes in a reaps the rewards of the recruiting job the previous guy did.

You really see no reason they can not win 9 or 10 games? They have to play a SEC schedule that includes Bama, Aub and LSU.
If they win all of the others, that's 9 wins. Did you fail math in school?
Besides, Orgeron sucks as a head coach, and Gus may not be at Auburn next year. LSU will be beatable in Fayetteville next year depending on who our coach will be.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

3Bombs

Quote from: redleg on October 18, 2017, 11:38:57 am
Some things Bielema has done well is keep his players out of trouble and going to the classroom, and he has also done a pretty good job of recruiting. There IS talent on this team! But it's not being coached properly, there is no player development, and there are a number of players playing at the wrong position or not at all when they should be on the field.
Danny Ford did the same thing in his last two years in Fayetteville.
Then, here comes a new coach with a new staff and a new philosophy, and BAM!!! 9 wins and an SEC West title!
If Arkansas hires the right coach, I see no reason why the same thing can't happen again. The 2018 squad might not win the West, but they could win 9 or 10 games and go to a great bowl!
???

No. We don't have enough speed.

hogsanity

Quote from: redleg on October 18, 2017, 11:47:19 am
If they win all of the others, that's 9 wins. Did you fail math in school?
Besides, Orgeron sucks as a head coach, and Gus may not be at Auburn next year. LSU will be beatable in Fayetteville next year depending on who our coach will be.

I mean they could go 15-0 next year, but I see several reasons why they should not be expected to win 9 or 10. OL personnel is not going to change much except our best player there is graduating. We will be playing a rs soph ( who at least will have some actual game experience ) at QB. Back end of the D is going to be pretty much the same too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HiggiePiggy

I can see 8 or 9 wins next year with a decent coach.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

The_Iceman

Our roster is set up well for a spread coach to come in and win right away.