Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kelley Surprised Himself

Started by Mike Irwin, October 17, 2017, 10:20:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

"Big Boy" Cole Kelley survived Alabama with no physical or emotional damage and is determined to up his game more against Auburn.
http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/kelley-surprised-himself/838480251

hawgdavis

It showed he looked cool and for the most part calm even in the face of all the pressure he saw in just about every play he dropped back to pass .

I have no doubt he will play even better this week, the young man just has a presence about him that I haven seen since Matt Jones.

hawganatic

Gamers step into and look for challenges like playing against a Bama defense.  They either succeed, or they take what they learn and get better.  All the talk about how playing against Bama in his first start could scar him permanently really made me cringe.  That kind of talk doesn't show a lot of confidence in the young man.

Really looking forward to watching him play for the next few years and seeing what he can do.

jgphillips3

He is, as they nicknamed him, the franchise.  Ben Roethlisberger type QB. 

DeltaBoy

I expect we will see great things from this kid.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Justifiable Hogicide

One of your best Mike.
I really like this guy.

PonderinHog

I think he'll end the Bama curse.

Next1_04

Be yuuuge if he rallies us to a win this weekend. Scary thing is he's a true freshman. Freak.

nchogg

I also liked his play against Bama. He made some mistakes just like all QB's do but he had that no fear about him and tried to make something out  of nothing with some success. I look forward to seeing how he plays against Auburn.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Next1_04 on October 18, 2017, 12:47:13 pm
Be yuuuge if he rallies us to a win this weekend. Scary thing is he's a true freshman. Freak.

He's a redshirt Freshman, but you are absolutely right...he is a freak.

swineology

And he survived the game without getting killed as some on this board predicted.