Troy
Wash St
Purdue
Louisville
Auburn
Memphis
Washington

OF those only Memphis won.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ā 

LRRandy

Quote from: hogsanity on October 16, 2017, 08:07:00 am
Last week the hot names here to replace BB were the coaches from:

Troy
Wash St
Purdue
Louisville
Auburn
Memphis
Washington

well, on that note.

Saban is the right coach to lead Arkansas to a national championship. How much more can be really accomplish at Bama? I think the thought of building a program up that has fallen on hard times and getting another statue outside of a college stadium will get him to Fayetteville. Book it.
This is fun, isn't it.

jgphillips3

Everybody loses.  I'll still take Brohm any damn day over the clown we have.

hogsanity

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 16, 2017, 08:16:08 am
Everybody loses.  I'll still take Brohm any damn day over the clown we have.

I just thought it was a little odd that almost every name tossed around here last week lost on the same day, some in horrible performances against bad teams.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TX HOG

TX HOG

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: LRRandy on October 16, 2017, 08:14:23 am
well, on that note.

Saban is the right coach to lead Arkansas to a national championship. How much more can be really accomplish at Bama? I think the thought of building a program up that has fallen on hard times and getting another statue outside of a college stadium will get him to Fayetteville. Book it.

I did notice Saban wearing some red on Saturday. Long must already have the deal done.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Arthur pigby sellers.

I guess the silver lining to all this is that most of those coaches have no intent of ever coming to Arkansas. The one who won is actually a possibility.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on October 16, 2017, 09:00:30 am
I guess the silver lining to all this is that most of those coaches have no intent of ever coming to Arkansas. The one who won is actually a possibility.

It's a sign!

texas tush hog

Wildhog

I don't think anyone's under the illusion that our next coach is going undefeated this year. 

I mean, a few of those schools are among the worst programs in the P5.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

Quote from: Wildhog on October 16, 2017, 09:17:05 am

I mean, a few of those schools are among the worst programs in the P5.

Yet we want their coaches?

Ā 

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

rljjr

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on October 16, 2017, 08:11:22 am
Saban.!!! I want Saban!!!!!!!

We want GUS and SABAN! Tag Team! And Sumlin too. And Mullen.

RazorPiggie

Dwight_K_Shrute

Regardless of one loss, Gus is still the best fit for the job.  We need to spend all week talking about this up until kick off.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Danny J

Quote from: hogsanity on October 16, 2017, 09:22:55 am
Yet we want their coaches?
To be fair we took a guy winning the Big 10 and that hasn't worked either so maybe it's just looking for the right fit here at Arkansas. It's all a big guess unless you hire a big name which isn't gonna happen.

Wildhog

Quote from: Danny J on October 16, 2017, 09:43:58 am
To be fair we took a guy winning the Big 10 and that hasn't worked either so maybe it's just looking for the right fit here at Arkansas. It's all a big guess unless you hire a big name which isn't gonna happen.

Yep.  Bielema was a big name, and we see what that got us.  We need someone with a proven ability to overachieve at a lesser program, because in the SEC, Arkansas is a lesser program.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boardon Hamsay

Troy
Wash St
Purdue
Louisville
Auburn
Memphis
Washington

Kind of fits the ditch to ditch vibe here really well. 
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

MC_Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 16, 2017, 09:41:01 am
Regardless of one loss, Gus is still the best fit for the job.  We need to spend all week talking about this up until kick off.

:puke:

31to6

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 16, 2017, 09:41:01 am
ISWYDT

HognotinMemphis

See if Jimmy Johnson will un-retire and coach one more time. He's under 80 years of age, isn't he?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Ā 

snoblind

ChicoHog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 16, 2017, 09:49:26 am
Yep.  Bielema was a big name, and we see what that got us.  We need someone with a proven ability to overachieve at a lesser program, because in the SEC, Arkansas is a lesser program.
But we need someone who can recruit at at a mid conference level.  Face it, unless we get better players we will always be mediocre at best. I don't expect us to recruit at Bama's level but we need to get in close to the A&M and Auburn level to compete consistently. 

phadedhawg

I'm more surprised by Wash St being handled than I am by UW losing @ASU.  They always lose there.  UW hasn't played anyone and we really have no idea how good they truly are. 

hogsanity

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 16, 2017, 12:22:44 pm
But we need someone who can recruit at at a mid conference level.  Face it, unless we get better players we will always be mediocre at best. I don't expect us to recruit at Bama's level but we need to get in close to the A&M and Auburn level to compete consistently. 

Dont you read hogville. The coach just needs to coach em up. A good coach could win here with 2 star hometown heroes if they just want it enough.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PLHawg

Quote from: tusked on October 16, 2017, 12:29:05 pm
Norvell.

If we want him we best start reaching out, he will more than likely be coaching one of our competitors next year otherwise.

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Wildhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 16, 2017, 12:22:44 pm

There's not going to be a huge difference in recruiting no matter who we hire.  We have to get an x's and o's guru to put them in positions to succeed.

Besides, it's the assistants that do the recruiting.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: PLHawg on October 16, 2017, 01:05:36 pm

If we want him we best start reaching out, he will more than likely be coaching one of our competitors next year otherwise.

Norvell's a good fallback, IMO, if we miss on our top guys.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Vantage 8 dude

Troy
Wash St
Purdue
Louisville
Auburn
Memphis
Washington

How can one really tell ??? I mean scrolling through the entire list at least 3/4 of the coaches our there have been mentioned at one point or another. Using that criteria there were just as many winners this past Saturday as not.

Grag T

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 16, 2017, 01:30:44 pm
How can one really tell ??? I mean scrolling through the entire list at least 3/4 of the coaches our there have been mentioned at one point or another. Using that criteria there were just as many winners this past Saturday as not.

I'm starting to think every coach alive not named Bret Bielema has gotten a thread in mmqb for replacement coach.  It has gotten a tad excessive one might conclude.

Imagine the insanity of mmqb if we somehow manage to win 6 games and he goes nowhere next year, lol
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Grag T on October 16, 2017, 01:37:23 pm
I'm starting to think every coach alive not named Bret Bielema has gotten a thread in mmqb for replacement coach.  It has gotten a tad excessive on might conclude.

Imagine the insanity of mmqb if we somehow manage to win 6 games and he goes nowhere next year, lol
Trust me: that insanity will prevail no matter what happens in that respect.

hogsanity

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 16, 2017, 01:30:44 pm

And Gruden, Chip and Cowher did not coach at all last weekend, so that skews things too. Sorry I missed that.

jgphillips3

Quote from: hogsanity on October 16, 2017, 08:39:52 am
I just thought it was a little odd that almost every name tossed around here last week lost on the same day, some in horrible performances against bad teams.

It was just an anomalous week all around.  3 top ten teams going down...weird week.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 16, 2017, 12:24:05 pm
I'm more surprised by Wash St being handled than I am by UW losing @ASU.  They always lose there.  UW hasn't played anyone and we really have no idea how good they truly are. 

Alabama hasn't played anyone either (Florida State is down this season).  Alabama's opponents so far have been garbage.  They will play some actual teams in the near future (LSU and Auburn).

Georgia has only played 1 decent team, Notre Dame, and Georgia was fortunate to win that game.

Grag T

Half the top 25 now is made up of a bunch of cheese dick teams that could lose to practically ANYBODY. 

But that's what makes college football so dang fun... you never know what will happen week to week.  8)

ChicoHog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 16, 2017, 01:11:34 pm
There's not going to be a huge difference in recruiting no matter who we hire.  We have to get an x's and o's guru to put them in positions to succeed.

Besides, it's the assistants that do the recruiting.
The head coach does a lot of closing. Saban, Meyer and Swinney are the best recruiters on their staffs and the best in college football.  then they surround themselves with great recruiters.  Talent beats scheme most of the time.  If we can get a stud mobile QB like Jalen Hurts it masks a lot of deficiencies. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 16, 2017, 02:27:41 pm
The head coach does a lot of closing. Saban, Meyer and Swinney are the best recruiters on their staffs and the best in college football.  then they surround themselves with great recruiters.  Talent beats scheme most of the time.  If we can get a stud mobile QB like Jalen Hurts it masks a lot of deficiencies. 

Let's be honest...Jalen Hurts would be living up to his name in Fayetteville the past couple years.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Donny2665

Troy
Wash St
Purdue
Louisville
Auburn
Memphis
Washington

NC State Won! Eli Drinkwitz
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

hogsanity

GuvHog

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 16, 2017, 02:27:41 pm

That's exactly why I really hope the U of A goes after Swinney's right hand man, Brent Venables. The guy can flat out recruit and he's a great coach too.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Donny2665

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Donny2665

Quote from: GuvHog on October 16, 2017, 02:55:23 pm
That's exactly why I really hope the U of A goes after Swinney's right hand man, Brent Venables. The guy can flat out recruit and he's a great coach too.

Venables would be an awesome hire! Get Drinkwitz from NC State as OC, dang that would be some fun Football to watch!

clutch

Quote from: Donny2665 on October 16, 2017, 02:40:59 pm
NC State Won! Eli Drinkwitz

That's Dave Doeren, unless you are meaning you want their OC.

Donny2665

Quote from: clutch on October 16, 2017, 03:48:16 pm
That's Dave Doeren, unless you are meaning you want their OC.

I'd like to have their OC as HC here.