Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discipline

Started by bjbuatamu, October 15, 2017, 04:35:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bjbuatamu

The best part of watching the game last night was seeing Saban's reaction to #30 when he committed the personal foul on the kickoff.  His way or the highway.  And the way they play fundamental football (tackling below the waist and not around the shoulders, etc.) is the best.  Period.  Discipline.  Talent.  Fundamentals.  We're too soft on the players, just like most schools, just like most millennials.  But that's just my opinion.

Alabama #1.  Everyone else in the country a distant second.  Everyone else in the SEC trying desperately to catch up but it's never going to happen until he retires. 

Go Hogs!  Beat Auburn!

JaketheSnake

There are plenty of threads in MMQB taking about how we should be letting more stuff go and our over-discipline keeps us from
Winning games.

Ex-Trumpet

Personally, I think discipline is over rated.  I'm a much bigger fan of rewarding great first half play with jelly sammiches.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HogPharmer

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 15, 2017, 04:37:16 pm
There are plenty of threads in MMQB taking about how we should be letting more stuff go and our over-discipline keeps us from
Winning games.

I think the issue is where the discipline is focused.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.