Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A mediocre performance,,,

Started by 1highhog, October 15, 2017, 01:47:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

While Kelley did not have a great game by any means, maybe this reporter failed to comprehend that this was his 1st start of his career after only a handful of times ever being on the College football field and it came against the unanimous #1 team in the land, Alabama.   He did try to hard at times, mostly just waiting on his receivers to get open which is not his fault and putting to much mustard on his throws which comes out of his hand like a patriot missile, this all would correct itself with more playing time and of course IMO better coaching.   Kelley needs to be the starter for the rest of the season but I doubt that'll be the case because as soon as AA is able BB will quickly put him back in saying he gives us the best chance to win.   Whatever the case may be, we've seen enough of Kelley to know that if we do get a new coach next year then our future should be bright at least as far as our QB goes.

rhames

I would say for his first start against the best defense in the country he did alright.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

WorfHog

Quote from: rhames on October 15, 2017, 01:48:24 pm
I would say for his first start against the best defense in the country he did alright.

Agreed and Cole's not a flake so he didn't let the loss  "ruin" his mentality for the rest of time.

WaltonCollege

Cole did great his first start.  Missed a couple wide and needs to take some heat off his slants but he was solid.  If he wasn't playing behind an FCS caliber O-Line he could actually be a strength.   

thebignasty

Thought he competed really well.  Missed a wide open td on the pass to Brandon Martin at the end of the half. Didn't really step in to throws. Didn't miss the velocity but makes you think he might be able to be more accurate if he cleans that up.

Definitely seemed like a tough competitor.  Hope we find a way to keep him from getting beat on like that though.

thebignasty

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 15, 2017, 02:50:43 pm
Cole did great his first start.  Missed a couple wide and needs to take some heat off his slants but he was solid.  If he wasn't playing behind an FCS caliber O-Line he could actually be a strength.   

I just hope they fix the line before it ruins another promising looking qb.

1highhog

By the way I was referencing and article written by a reporter and I forgot to post it along with my opening comment, I apologize but I can't seem to find it now.  However the reporter was saying to the effect that Kelley had a mediocre performance but if it had been Allen having the same performance yesterday that fans would be upset.  The difference IMO is that Kelley was having his first college start while Allen is a Senior so it's no where near the same thing.

Qui Gon Jinn

He made some mistakes.  But for a guy that made his first start against #1 Bama, he did fine in my book.  I like the future with him under center.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

FATHAWG08

When the offense started playing at a quicker pace I thought we seem to finally have some positive plays.
I love off season Football!!