Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seems like a message was delivered

Started by RedRazorHog, October 15, 2017, 09:07:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRazorHog

Last night's game I saw some things I had not see before:  Brian Wallace playing, Frank Ragnow at Guard and not Center, Cole Kelley playing, Will Gragg was sited, Brandon Martin got time... still wondering about Pettway and Hammonds

I've long thought that Bielema has "his guys" that he tries to put out there.  If you are not one of "his guys" you don't get play or highlight. 

Despite that we didn't see Hammonds or Pettway, did it seem like he was probably told to play Kelley, told to play Wallace and maybe a few other things that we have not seen before?

I don't know if this is coming from Long or if Bielema has a mentor that may have made such a diabolical shift, but definitely it was different.  It also pointed out that he has been playing the wrong guys a bit.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

(notOM)Rebel123

Maybe CBB finally told his assistants who was playing?
Either way...nice to see the changes.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

harrisburghog

A futile effort to save a sunken ship.

Hoggish1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 09:09:06 am

Could have been that he did. 

It was obvious that he was not just a bystander on the sidelines.  I saw some fire coming from him for the first time.

Maybe he is going to take over and be more hands on...

roothawg

There is hope for the rest of the season. Cole Kelly is the man if they are smart enough to keep playing him. Tj and pettway not playing still baffle me.

hawgbawb

Maybe he refused to play guys that weren't with the program on academics and practice effort.

Maybe he has realized that he is going to lose his job if he doesn't play them.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Pork Twain

and...we still got curbstomped by Bama
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

RedRazorHog

was good to see our number 1 juco player in the game, and to also see the number 2 TE in the country (coming out of high school) get A) in the game and B) a ball thrown his way.  I credit that to Kelley.

--Knute Rockne

onebadrubi

Quote from: RedRazorHog on October 15, 2017, 09:51:46 am
was good to see our number 1 juco player in the game, and to also see the number 2 TE in the country (coming out of high school) get A) in the game and B) a ball thrown his way.  I credit that to Kelley.

Gragg got separation when given the chance.  Him and Martin should get more. 

No freaking clue where hammonds is.

Pettway played his way off the field early in the season

hoglady

All last night showed was what a complete failure of a head coach we have.
The season is toast - maybe it wouldn't be toast if the best players had been on the field since the first game.
The late changes may make some feel better - all that does is make me shake my head and wish for a better coach.
The players want to win - they know the players who should be playing to give the team the best chance.
I'm fairly certain they get upset when that doesn't happen.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RedRazorHog

Quote from: hoglady on October 15, 2017, 09:58:53 am
The season is toast - maybe it wouldn't be toast if the best players had been on the field since the first game.
The late changes may make some feel better - all that does is make me shake my head and wish for a better coach.
The players want to win - they know the players who should be playing to give the team the best chance.
Amen - he's an "edjut" (Irish for idiot)... can't stand watching him... we have had great talent sitting there and never getting a chance to get on the field.  Gragg did get separation.

--Knute Rockne

Hoggish1

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 15, 2017, 09:11:16 am

You try to save a sinking ship.  One that's already sunk is called a salvage effort.  Carry on...

forrest city joe

+ 1000.Right on the money.

RedyorNot

Definitely think CBB took more control and simplified the protections. It was good to hear Ragnow talk about the vibe being better with that group, makes you wonder if he offered to move to guard in the interest of the team. Also, I'm ready for Kelley to get his shot. He missed several big gain reads which is correctable but as good as AA is, his confidence is rattled.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 15, 2017, 10:07:20 am
You try to save a sinking ship.  One that's already sunk is called a salvage effort.  Carry on...
These guys are flippin awesome for salvage

Hi Rob!

labb

Hammonds  has be injured. Pettway has not produced. Go find something to second guess about.

Redhogs

That we got another SEC loss?  10-25 and counting under Bert.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DeltaBoy

Saw a improvement in Effort throughout the game dispite being totally outmatched!.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

King Kong

Quote from: hawgbawb on October 15, 2017, 09:26:41 am
Maybe he refused to play guys that weren't with the program on academics and practice effort.

Maybe he has realized that he is going to lose his job if he doesn't play them.

The first part is a rumor of what he did his first season

farmhawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 09:09:06 am
Maybe he let his assistants pick the players for once.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jkstock04

Quote from: RedRazorHog on October 15, 2017, 09:07:09 am
Last night's game I saw some things I had not see before:  Brian Wallace playing, Frank Ragnow at Guard and not Center, Cole Kelley playing, Will Gragg was sited, Brandon Martin got time... still wondering about Pettway and Hammonds

I've long thought that Bielema has "his guys" that he tries to put out there.  If you are not one of "his guys" you don't get play or highlight. 

Despite that we didn't see Hammonds or Pettway, did it seem like he was probably told to play Kelley, told to play Wallace and maybe a few other things that we have not seen before?

I don't know if this is coming from Long or if Bielema has a mentor that may have made such a diabolical shift, but definitely it was different.  It also pointed out that he has been playing the wrong guys a bit.
Not sure about the other guys but Austin Allen has a legit shoulder injury. Good chance he doesn't dress out for Auburn either.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 15, 2017, 09:18:34 am
Could have been that he did. 

It was obvious that he was not just a bystander on the sidelines.  I saw some fire coming from him for the first time.

Maybe he is going to take over and be more hands on...

Too late after doing nothing for five years
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Danny J

Read my mind

OneTuskOverTheLine™

As a leader of men you put the ones in position who you trust. With this guy you earn trust by doing it his way. If you believe that any coach would hold guys back because he doesn't like them you're probably projecting an inaccuracy. If I say be somewhere when you're supposed to be there, but you would rather show up late then how can I trust you to be at a spot on the field on time. How am I to know which part of your life you pick and chose to display effort./ C'mon guys, CBB's record speaks for itself. You don't have to dream up B.S...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 15, 2017, 11:13:05 am
Not sure about the other guys but Austin Allen has a legit shoulder injury. Good chance he doesn't dress out for Auburn either.

I'm not so sure that Austin has a shoulder injury.  What real proof do you have?  I think the buzz is that the team doesn't rally with him, we've heard the coaches say that as well.  Austin has made the same mistakes game in and game out - and I think when they had the Coaches meeting with Mr. Long, the Coordinator said he was not playing the best people...dialog likely followed and voila, we see a QB change and they prop up the injury to cover the ego bruising!

--Knute Rockne

bville_hog

Why isn't Patton playing?  I am not impress with Cantrell at all.  He bypassed a blitzer coming right at this to run a "route" and wasn't even the primary receiver and got CK blindsided.  Not who you want protecting your back and I still can't get over him running his route out the back of the end zone against TCU.

Pigstie

Quote from: bville_hog on October 15, 2017, 01:06:38 pm
Why isn't Patton playing?  I am not impress with Cantrell at all.  He bypassed a blitzer coming right at this to run a "route" and wasn't even the primary receiver and got CK blindsided.  Not who you want protecting your back and I still can't get over him running his route out the back of the end zone against TCU.
This
I could not believe that play. He literally watched the blitzer go by him without even attempting a chip block. No way that play called for that.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

PintailKiller

Quote from: labb on October 15, 2017, 10:37:11 am
Hammonds  has be injured. Pettway has not produced. Go find something to second guess about.

TJ is not injured.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Cure

Quote from: bville_hog on October 15, 2017, 01:06:38 pm
Why isn't Patton playing?  I am not impress with Cantrell at all.
Patton wasn't dressed out.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Quickdraw

I agree Beliema' s record speaks for itself. Time to move on with a new coach...

Beaverfever

The fans/assistants shouldn't be telling CBB who gives him the best chance to win.  That's a worse scenario then him just being wrong the whole time. 

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 15, 2017, 09:11:16 am
Yes, the U.S.S. Razorback is resting at the bottom of the Mariana Trench and NOW Bielema gives the order to bail.

Potosihog

I watched the game from dvr and admittedly did some skipping.  However, I am almost sure I saw Froholdt in on at least one defensive play. 

Did he play both ways multiple times during the game.  I was sure I would find a thread discussing it but I haven't.

factchecker

Quote from: Potosihog on October 15, 2017, 05:29:21 pm
I watched the game from dvr and admittedly did some skipping.  However, I am almost sure I saw Froholdt in on at least one defensive play. 

punt team coverage
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jgphillips3

Hammond's got stepped on last week and is gimpy.  He may not technically be "injured" but he is slowed and wasn't full speed for Bama.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 15, 2017, 05:07:05 pm
Yes, the U.S.S. Razorback is resting at the bottom of the Mariana Trench and NOW Bielema gives the order to bail.

Actually, it's docked here in North Little Rock.  Oh, you meant metaphorically...

swineology

Bert is fat and is in over his head

racinghog

So who would you start and why? Same question to you Joe.

leroyhawg

Quote from: roothawg on October 15, 2017, 09:23:18 am
There is hope for the rest of the season. Cole Kelly is the man if they are smart enough to keep playing him. Tj and pettway not playing still baffle me.
Keep Cole out there!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Porkchop#1

Quote from: roothawg on October 15, 2017, 09:23:18 am
For the 48th time, the staff messed up and gave TJ two carries last week, and yes he did get 11 yards each time, but still, it should be well established by this point, he only gets 1 touch per week in CBB's high powered, smash moff approach, so no carries for TJ this week. 

He should be back to getting his one chance a game this week against Awbarn.

During his time here, Bret hasn't had much luck slowing down any great offensive players, but...there is one.