Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB going forward

Started by Sigepgator702, October 14, 2017, 10:50:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigepgator702

We lost, but I'm shocked we covered the spread.  I believe Kelley is our QB going forward.  I recall BA playing Bama as a freshman and it was way worse.  Cole has the confidence and tools at QB that we have lacked for awhile.  I liked it when we hired Bret, but it hasn't worked thus far and it won't.  Austin should never start again and if he does, our other qbs better be hurt.  Let's move forward with our best players because this season is lost.  I'll be at Fayetteville next week to hopefully cheer on our future,  our young Hogs!

sowmonella

If our Oline plays as well next week AA might light it up.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

factchecker

QuoteBielema said Allen may not be back against Auburn. Might be longer than that, even. He was optimistic Allen would be able to return at some point this season.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-said-following-loss-alabama
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogarusa

Kelly avg less than 5 ypa tonight. Tough spot to start and he got some great experience but need Austin for last 5 games of season
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

leroyhawg

I'm done if Coles not our QB. We already wasted 4 games
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: sowmonella on October 14, 2017, 10:52:07 pm

Have you lost your mind?  Arkansas had around 20 yards rushing.  Total.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 14, 2017, 10:56:23 pm
Kelly avg less than 5 ypa tonight. Tough spot to start and he got some great experience but need Austin for last 5 games of season

Our best chance to win is Cole Kelley. There is nothing Austin does that he can't do. And Cole can do way more.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: sowmonella on October 14, 2017, 10:52:07 pm

Says the Auburn fan

Sigepgator702

What has Austin done in his career to make you think differently?

swineology

Ty Storey is the answer

Kelley is Ryan Mallet 2.0

Fire Bert

ShadowHawg

Kelly was a surprise for Bama. He won't be next weekend. If he continues to throw falling backward he will have some problems.

WorfHog

Unless they suit up on defense it really doesn't matter. Auburn will be looking for another record game in rushing and our defense will not stop them.

P.S. I hate Gus and Auburn but it's the truth.

code red

We have 0 football IDENTITY.  We r haoless....a has been never will be. Long and CBB go or u can have my Tix next year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Bonehog

At least CK doesn't fall over when someone runs close to him. AA has never been what we needed, not his fault but never the less true. Just saying it's time build for next year.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

code red

Quote from: code red on October 14, 2017, 11:18:14 pm
We have 0 football IDENTITY.  We r hapless....a has been never will be. Long and CBB go or u can have my Tix next year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: factchecker on October 14, 2017, 10:53:00 pm
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-said-following-loss-alabama

This is Bielema's way of conceding the inevitable.  If CK keeps them competitive next couple of weeks I suspect AA's seen his last meaningful time except maybe on Senior Day.

code red

Quote from: Bonehog on October 14, 2017, 11:18:42 pm
At least CK doesn't fall over when someone runs close to him. AA has never been what we needed, not his fault but never the less true. Just saying it's time build for next year.
Shut the freak up

HoggieStyle

Kelley's upside is absolutely ridiculous. He is a man among men in the pocket as a freshman. Kelley for Heisman 2019!!!!

alohawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 14, 2017, 11:15:29 pm
Kelly was a surprise for Bama. He won't be next weekend. If he continues to throw falling backward he will have some problems.

Yeah, for all of his positives, this is a big big negative that could easily lose actual winnable games. He needs to be coached better, next year maybe.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ronmahony

Need to give Allen plenty of rest. BB even said it, the team likes to play with Kelley. Not the same as last week, but it sure seems like the line blocks better for Kelley, or at least tries to. I am really starting to believe what someone said on here last week. I believe some of the players don't like Allen too much. Just my opinion.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Cale

I haven't watched the game yet, but if you say the oline played well, it lines with a theory that the line plays harder for Kelley and that kind of chemistry can't be taught. He's the natural leader on the team and he needs to be given the chance lead.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

carolinahogger

Quote from: code red on October 14, 2017, 11:18:14 pm
We have 0 football IDENTITY.  We r haoless....a has been never will be. Long and CBB go or u can have my Tix next year.

Define "identity ".

nchogg

Did anyone notice how the Bama defense tackled Cole. They jumped on his head and shoulders to bring him down for the most part. Yes he made freshman mistakes but the effort was there. Anyone that wants to tear him down just prove you could have done better not by words but by actions.

jgphillips3

Cole is the real deal.  Confidence, swagger, ridiculous arm strength, good wheels...franchise.  Give him a decent coach next year and he will flat go off on some people.

atom hog

We wouldn't be the only team starting a freshman QB. Part of the reason CBB has lost this team is he plays less talented upper classmen out of a sense of "loyalty".  Those days are gone in today's college football. Competition at every position should be the norm.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 14, 2017, 11:15:29 pm
You're mistaken if you think Kelley was a surprise to Bama. They prepare better than any other team in college

theFlyingHog

Quote from: nchogg on October 15, 2017, 05:38:41 am
Did anyone notice how the Bama defense tackled Cole. They jumped on his head and shoulders to bring him down for the most part. Yes he made freshman mistakes but the effort was there. Anyone that wants to tear him down just prove you could have done better not by words but by actions.
Early in the game I saw someone go low on him and thy couldn't get him down. Was funny, like our little DB who couldn't tackle Lorenzen at UK