Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After tonight's showing, Arkansas...

Started by Sweet Feet, October 14, 2017, 10:13:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

1. Should start Kelley and let him get a feel. He's not bad, and the sense of disaster isn't as strong as when Allen is in. His mobility doesn't really impress me though

2. Showed a little more aggressiveness on defense. That's a positive.

3. Still in question vs Teams who pass the ball. Bama mainly ran the ball. Arkansas' major weakness is the secondary. Playing vs Ole Miss, Miss St, and Mizzou won't be a cakewalk defensively.

4.Though got blew out, it didn't feel as bad as getting blew out by South Carolina.

GuvHog

They should start Kelley and stay with the no huddle offense. They did better without the huddle than with it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Roaringboar

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 14, 2017, 10:13:23 pm
1. Should start Kelley and let him get a feel. He's not bad, and the sense of disaster isn't as strong as when Allen is in. His mobility doesn't really impress me though

3. Still in question vs Teams who pass the ball. Bama mainly ran the ball. Arkansas' major weakness is the secondary. Playing vs Ole Miss, Miss St, and Mizzou won't be a cakewalk defensively.

4.Though got blew out, it didn't feel as bad as getting blew out by South Carolina.

I would've agreed with #4 if it wasn't for the blown PAT......that just really demolished any hope I had in this game......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

lakecityhog

It sure seems funny to me that BB FINALLY trots out an O'Line that had they played together in something very close to tonight's lineup could have been at least an average SEC O'Line.

If he had started the season with this O'Line would Allen be so beat down? Would his stats be so bad?

This game to me just proves that Anderson is a total sham and that BB isn't far behind! Rogers played well at center and Wallace was absolutely as good or better than what we have seen all year. And on top of all of that we totally wasted Clary's freshman year!

Switchback

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 14, 2017, 10:51:07 pm
It sure seems funny to me that BB FINALLY trots out an O'Line that had they played together in something very close to tonight's lineup could have been at least an average SEC O'Line.

If he had started the season with this O'Line would Allen be so beat down? Would his stats be so bad?

This game to me just proves that Anderson is a total sham and that BB isn't far behind! Rogers played well at center and Wallace was absolutely as good or better than what we have seen all year. And on top of all of that we totally wasted Clary's freshman year!

My guess would be that CBB let KA start his lineup but after the first half of season CBB probably picked it for him.

31to6

Quote from: Switchback on October 14, 2017, 11:22:01 pm
My guess would be that CBB let KA start his lineup but after the first half of season CBB probably picked it for him.
Or maybe CKA said "If we are all going to get fired anyway, can I at least have a chance to coach the 5 most talented players the rest of the year?"

Cure

October 14, 2017, 11:32:38 pm #6 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:42:43 pm by Cure

Arkansas' major weakness isn't the secondary, it's the offensive line, though they are capable of much more. The secondary is the best unit on the team.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

HognotinMemphis

"sense of disaster". That's funny and sad at same time. Perfect phrase that describes what the sensation is as a fan watching Austin Allen at QB. Impending disaster would be another. Sorry for him, but it is the truth.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HardingHog

I feel like this is the case because with Alabama they just simply felt better than us and beat us straight up. Last week it felt like we didn't know how to play football at times and just gave SC the game (particularly that 3rd quarter)

Nashville Fan

After year 5, AR is the worst team in the SEC.
Pittman or Bust!

HogFoo

Quote from: 31to6 on October 14, 2017, 11:30:50 pm
Or maybe CKA said "If we are all going to get fired anyway, can I at least have a chance to coach the 5 most talented players the rest of the year?"
actually it was opposite.  Anderson has been purposely NOT playing guys.  He has had a personal agenda against Wallace in particular.  Bielema basically finally stepped in after watching in practice and asked why weren't the best guys starting. And so we saw the OLine we did tonight, and it's been the best combo so far.  Probably had this OLine combo started the season together, Allen would not be so beat up already, we probably have 1 or 2 more wins as well!  But, at least they finally got OL figured out it seems.  Hopefully we can build from this and win some games.  Either way at this point it's a win win. Either we win enough games for Bielema to keep his job, he fired Anderson at end of season and gets a better OLine coach/recruiter, next season sets up favorably for the Hogs to do well, OR the Hogs don't win enough games for Bielema to keep his job, we get a new coach and he  is able to come in and handle business and get Shiz done!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hoggish1

1. Kelley is more into the game and is a fighter.  If he doesn't start the rest of the way, there will be nobody in the stands the rest of the way.  Nobody!

2. Yep, we blitzed and it came from all over.  Where has that been?  But it should continue.  If not, there will be nobody in the stands the rest of the way.  Nobody!

3. Bama realized passing for them was a problem.  They stopped doing it when we confused their QB and Saban realized letting the OC continue to do his thing was not working.  Our secondary is not the problem.  We got pressure on Bama and they stopped passing.  If we change our approach, as signaled last night, and apply more disguised pressure the rest of the season, we will take care of the teams your worried about.  If we digress, there will be nobody in the stands the rest of the way.  Nobody!

4. Last night was light years away from the piss poor performance against USCe.  If we don't continue to improve on what we showed last night, there will be nobody in the stands the rest of the way.  Nobody!

HoopS

No huddle offense will tire out our own defense plus you gotta be a great runner to make it work.

- Hogville 2007

hogcard1964

Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 14, 2017, 11:49:20 pm

We could be worse than Vanderbilt, but we're not as bad as Ole Miss or Missouri.

Sweet Feet

I still don't trust our secondary. They haven't shown me much. The freshman QB at TAMU torched us, and NMSU almost had 400 yards. When we play, Ole Miss, Miss St, and Mizzou, we are going to see more pass happy offenses. This has been Arkansas' achilles in past years.

farmhawg

Quote from: 31to6 on October 14, 2017, 11:30:50 pm
Thats more likely. We have seen this same type of player selection for four years. All on brettt at this point.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogmaestro

Two things:

1. Hogfoo, you have any "inside" intel on your assertion? Because the situation you describe is precisely what I intuited....but I have no inside contacts. I just know the o-line declined the moment Anderson arrived...he has admitted he likes to move people around....he focuses on technique...THEN Bret says at his Monday presser that "you can focus too much on technique....sometimes you just need to be physical." Sure sounds to me like he decided to do what you describe. Please tell if you know that is what happened....
2. I totally disagree that the secondary is the strength. Corner is a strength. Ramirez is playing fairly well...though he is not anywhere all-conference or anything like that. But free safety is THE main weakness of the defense. Liddell and Coley are just not SEC level players. Liddell is an SEC level athlete. No question. But he is a poor tackler. No run support from him at all.

rzrbkman

Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 14, 2017, 11:49:20 pm

Year 5 regular season is only half over.

Right now Missouri is 1-5, having giving up 31 or more points in all of their games. They gave up 43 points to 1-5 Missouri St., a team from a lower division. IMO, they are currently the worst team in the SEC

Athog

Quote from: Cure on October 14, 2017, 11:32:38 pm
Arkansas' major weakness isn't the secondary, it's the offensive line, though they are capable of much more. The secondary is the best unit on the team.

Agreed!

Gonzo

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 15, 2017, 12:36:28 pm
We could be worse than Vanderbilt, but we're not as bad as Ole Miss or Missouri.

Interesting juxtaposition of Vandy and Ole Miss since Vandy just lost by 22 there last night. Nonetheless, the fact that we're all discussing if the Hogs are better than any team in the SEC is pretty sad.

The one (possible) positive I take from last night is maybe some hotel rooms will open up and rates drop for next weekend, hah

Go Hogs!