Auburn game next week

Started by Roaringboar, October 14, 2017, 09:56:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hobhog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 07:40:51 pm
C'mon man...show some decency.

Think he was bullied a lot in high school by football players.

I plan on going to the game and looking forward to it.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hobhog on October 15, 2017, 07:42:51 pm

There ya go...we are going thru some tough times but the players are trying.
Nobody is satisfied but some people need to remember that the coaches are human, as well.

Roaringboar

Quote from: hobhog on October 15, 2017, 07:42:51 pm

That's all fine and dandy, you look forward to the team that is going to hang about 60 on us, and will not allow us anywhere near their end-zone...........the rest of us are going to keep our fingers crossed the Big Ole Bert gets the sack after next week's game........
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Seebs

I have too many Auburn friends to show my face anywhere near them until Monday.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 07:51:37 pm
That's all fine and dandy, you look forward to the team that is going to hang about 60 on us, and will not allow us anywhere near their end-zone...........the rest of us are going to keep our fingers crossed the Big Ole Bert gets the sack after next week's game........

We need more fans like you...geez.

Roaringboar

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 07:56:30 pm
We need more fans like you...geez.

What, realists who know our program sucks, that we're about to get our @$$e$ handed to us again this week in a more brutal beatdown than anything Bama even started to show us Saturday.............thanks for the compliement, I'll take it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 07:59:09 pm
What, realists who know our program sucks, that we're about to get our @$$e$ handed to us again this week in a more brutal beatdown than anything Bama even started to show us Saturday.............thanks for the compliement, I'll take it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's "compliment"....I realize we will probably get beat this week. But I'll still support our players.

Roaringboar

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 08:01:16 pm
It's "compliment"....I realize we will probably get beat this week. But I'll still support our players.

Same here......I'm a huge Cole Kelley fan despite the fact we still choked in the Bama game.......but I will not support this staff and say for one second that anything they do the rest of the season, even winning out, could make me believe Bert is right for our program.........

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 08:03:38 pm
Same here......I'm a huge Cole Kelley fan despite the fact we still choked in the Bama game.......but I will not support this staff and say for one second that anything they do the rest of the season, even winning out, could make me believe Bert is right for our program.........

If we win out, you'll be singing their praises.

GuvHog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 07:59:09 pm

What realists know is Auburn's defense is good but not near as good as Bama's defense is and the Best running back in the SEC plays for Bama, not Auburn. Auburn will likely get the win but it won't be as lopsided as you think it will be.

By the way, AA is out for both the Auburn and Ole Miss games so Kelley will be starting.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Roaringboar

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 08:11:29 pm
If we win out, you'll be singing their praises.

Nope......because 1) It won't happen and 2) If we do run the table, it shows how Bert still hasn't learned anything because it'll be the same B.S. as the last three seasons where we turn out to be a "second half of the season team"..........I don't want a good team for half a season, I want it for the ENTIRE season......

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 08:17:18 pm
Nope......because 1) It won't happen and 2) If we do run the table, it shows how Bert still hasn't learned anything because it'll be the same B.S. as the last three seasons where we turn out to be a "second half of the season team"..........I don't want a good team for half a season, I want it for the ENTIRE season......

I'm surprised the UofA Athletic Dept. hasn't offered you a job....you seem to have all of the answers.

Roaringboar

Quote from: GuvHog on October 15, 2017, 08:12:15 pm
What realists know is Auburn's defense is good but not near as good as Bama's defense is and the Best running back in the SEC plays for Bama, not Auburn. Auburn will likely get the win but it won't be as lopsided as you think it will be.

By the way, AA is out for both the Auburn and Ole Miss games so Kelley will be starting.

Auburn's D is just as talented........maybe not in the same way Bama is in terms of forcing turn-overs, but it is tough as nails and before the Ole Miss game last week, hadn't allowed more than 14 points for the season, and still hasn't allowed more than than 28..........it's a top notch defense and a top notch offense......they've lost only to LSU and Clemson, two very talented teams, with LSU being a game I feel they under-estimated.......they will be playing angry, and the hogs have shown me no reason to believe they can stick it to their top notch defense......if we couldn't beat TCU's, Carolina's, A&M's, or Bama's, what makes us think we can score against these brutes, and their offense is still one of the most lethal in the country.....they got hit in the polls, but then again, they weren't the only teams that screwed up this weekend, and they won't be the last......they'll be 8-3 when they play Bama (Georgia is going to roll them over......as talented as Auburn is, Georgia is like Alabama 2.0).........this idea we're going to hang 30+ on them is fantasy considering we didn't even hang that on South Carolina......

Roaringboar

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 08:20:50 pm
I'm surprised the UofA Athletic Dept. hasn't offered you a job....you seem to have all of the answers.

I know right......It's almost criminal the disrespect........

GuvHog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 08:17:18 pm

I've got news for you. Running the table would mean the Hogs would finish 8-4 (5-3 SEC) in regular season play. That would be Bret's best finish at Arkansas and would likely save his job.

Roaringboar

Quote from: GuvHog on October 15, 2017, 08:25:56 pm
I've got news for you. Running the table would mean the Hogs would finish 8-4 (5-3 SEC) in regular season play. That would be Bret's best finish at Arkansas and would likely save his job.

Again.....that's not going to happen though, and if it did you're right it would save his job, but I still feel he'd be the wrong guy for the job because yet again he screwed up the first half of the season adn we can't keep doing this "Second half" team crap......People got sick of Nutt for being an average coach, and this is just an average record.....not worth the $4 million we're paying him.........but like I said, it won't happen.....we'll see that for sure after Auburn rolls us this Saturday like we were some j.v. team......

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 08:24:44 pm
I know right......It's almost criminal the disrespect........

Yeah...they don't realize what they are missing out on. Geez. 🙄

Roaringboar

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 08:30:39 pm
Yeah...they don't realize what they are missing out on. Geez. 🙄

Tell me about it.....They pay Bert 4 million a year to suck game after game, but they won't even give me a nod for all the free advice I'm giving them on how to rebuild their program..........I mean, heck, I'd take the 4 million a year if it meant I had to lose games every season.....Heck I'd promise to lose every single one of them  ;D ;D ;D

Danny J

IDK if we win but if we play the 2 minute offense with the same line along with blitzing like we did against Bama then I think we play them close. I am curious to see if we revert back to a slow plodding time consuming style of offense out of the huddle and try to pound it straight ahead.

GuvHog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 08:24:16 pm
Auburn's D is just as talented........maybe not in the same way Bama is in terms of forcing turn-overs, but it is tough as nails and before the Ole Miss game last week, hadn't allowed more than 14 points for the season, and still hasn't allowed more than than 28..........it's a top notch defense and a top notch offense......they've lost only to LSU and Clemson, two very talented teams, with LSU being a game I feel they under-estimated.......they will be playing angry, and the hogs have shown me no reason to believe they can stick it to their top notch defense......if we couldn't beat TCU's, Carolina's, A&M's, or Bama's, what makes us think we can score against these brutes, and their offense is still one of the most lethal in the country.....they got hit in the polls, but then again, they weren't the only teams that screwed up this weekend, and they won't be the last......they'll be 8-3 when they play Bama (Georgia is going to roll them over......as talented as Auburn is, Georgia is like Alabama 2.0).........this idea we're going to hang 30+ on them is fantasy considering we didn't even hang that on South Carolina......

I don't think the Hogs will hang 30+ on Auburn but the high 20's is a possibility because the Hog offense is better with Kelley at QB. Auburn's offense won't hang 40 on the Hog defense either.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Danny J on October 15, 2017, 08:37:23 pm
IDK if we win but if we play the 2 minute offense with the same line along with blitzing like we did against Bama then I think we play them close. I am curious to see if we revert back to a slow plodding time consuming style of offense out of the huddle and try to pound it straight ahead.

Bert will go back to doing what he always does......he will not play up-tempo for anything......heck, he's the one who screwed it up before half time to get three extra seconds that weren't worth crap.........if he'd let Cole keep going up tempo we might've actually scored.....but nope, time out, and like always we choked.....

Acehawg

Our defense is improved, we'll see what happens.  No way I bet this game.

Roaringboar

Quote from: GuvHog on October 15, 2017, 08:39:15 pm
I don't think the Hogs will hang 30+ on Auburn but the high 20's is a possibility because the Hog offense is better with Kelley at QB. Auburn's offense won't hang 40 on the Hog defense either.

Based on what evidence will we hold Auburn's offense back......We sure didn't against Bama's, and Bama's passing offense isn't really that awesome like their run game is.......Bama was sleep-walking that game, and that's why I think Saban looked pissed the whole game......he knew his players were to lax about everything, and he wanted them to take it more seriously.....but they knew they had it won after a 75 yard TD run their first possesion......I'm so, just shocked, by how some of our fans our.......WE JUST LOST TO BAMA 41-9........there was nothing indicating any change there whatsoever, except that Cole is willing to actually play agressive and take chances unlike Austin Allen.......we are still the same Arkansas that sucked it up to South Carolina, A&M, TCU, and now Bama........no improvement, no really shining moments......Bama still scored like stupid on us, and the only reason that score isn't higher is they had only one turnover on the night, which I will say was great, but doesn't really indicate any reason to get up and shout, "OH YEAH, BRING ON AUBURN!!!!!!!"

BartIV

Oh it's going to be so ugly when we play Gus. He has that game circled, a couple of X's on it and possibly urinated on.