Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Petrino 2.0

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, October 14, 2017, 09:55:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

His name is Jeff Brohm. Great offensive mind that comes from the Petrino coaching tree. Want a petrino-esque offense? This guy is the answer. Of course he wont even be considered while little Jeffie Long is still around. Here is more information on him:

https://www.landof10.com/purdue/jeff-brohm-purdue-coach-stats-record-what-to-know
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

mckinneyhog5

No thanks the Big 10 isn't the SEC. You have to run the ball and play defense.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Cure

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 14, 2017, 09:57:10 pm
Teams in the Big 10 don't run the ball or play defense? I must've missed where the Big 10 has the 2nd most players in the NFL.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Brohm does run it and they have played very good defense so far. Has former Pete Carroll DC Nick Holt running things.

Gave up 3 to Mizz this year

Tusks

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 09:55:57 pm
His name is Jeff Brohm. Great offensive mind that comes from the Petrino coaching tree. Want a petrino-esque offense? This guy is the answer. Of course he wont even be considered while little Jeffie Long is still around. Here is more information on him:

https://www.landof10.com/purdue/jeff-brohm-purdue-coach-stats-record-what-to-know

Some are thinking that since he coached with BP at WKU he won't come if Long is AD.  If Long goes away before he comes then there might be a chance.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

He runs the ball quite well. For defense you hire a proven DC
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: tusked on October 14, 2017, 10:00:02 pm
Some are thinking that since he coached with BP at WKU he won't come if Long is AD.  If Long goes away before he comes then there might be a chance.

Might as well hire the real thing at that point. Bring back CBP

VirginiaHog

Bonehog

BP was great offensively but a train wreck on D and not much has changed in that aspect. To compete in SEC we need defense and an O line.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

code red

I am on board.  WHOOT!!!! WHOOT!!!  Still need a southern influence to recruit.  Tho.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

rtr

Quote from: Bonehog on October 14, 2017, 10:13:40 pm
BP was great offensively but a train wreck on D and not much has changed in that aspect. To compete in SEC we need defense and an O line.
Not much has changed?  We are much worse in both aspects of the game. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

HogNiner12

I would rather be great at one thing, than terrible at both

code red

Our defense is not nearly as good as the defense we fielsdedcin the Cotton bowl or sugar bowl so check your I.  Recruiting sux.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: code red on October 14, 2017, 10:18:40 pm
Our defense is not nearly as good as the defense we put on the field for the Cotton bowl or sugar bowl so check yourself.  Recruiting sux.

Pig in the Pokey

in case ya'll missed it, Petrino sucks now. ARKANSAS is better than people think. Get any of the good ones in here and they'll win. Fuente, Leach, Campbell...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

code red

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 14, 2017, 10:20:12 pm
in case ya'll missed it, Petrino sucks now. ARKANSAS is better than people think. Get any of the good ones in here and they'll win. Fuente, Leach, Campbell...
Nope nope and nope.  Get the best SEC coordinator you can get because bits all about the studs.

code red

wachhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 14, 2017, 10:06:26 pm
Might as well hire the real thing at that point. Bring back CBP
This^^^

Hoggle

Quote from: Bonehog on October 14, 2017, 10:13:40 pm

"Train Wreck" on defense?!?  You realize that our scoring defense improved every year under Petrino and was 33rd his last year, the one where we finished 11-2 in the top 5.  I know it's easier to be uninformed and parrot familiar stuff that sounds like you have a clue... but you really don't.  ...and I'm prettt sure the rest of the SEC considered us plenty competitive when we were finishing 10-3 and 11-2, going to a BCS bowl and finishing in the top 5-10.  But I'm sure being bereft of knowledge or logic you'll be able to reconcile that with a "train wreck".

Yeah, we gotta do a lot better than that garbage Petrino was putting out. Lol. You won't see it that good again in your lifetime. Sorry to spoil the surprise for you.

ur

Who in the hell is Jeff Brohm?

code red

leroyhawg

Watching Petrino this year makes me happy he's gone, he's dang sure not a SEC caliber defensive mind. And he's full of crap
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: ur on October 14, 2017, 10:31:36 pm
Who in the hell is Jeff Brohm?

Current head coach of Purdue.  His first year there. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

code red

Quote from: leroyhawg on October 14, 2017, 10:39:30 pm
Watching Petrino this year makes me happy he's gone, he's dang sure not a SEC caliber defensive mind. And he's full of crap
Lol so how's Bert doing.?  Our only BCS appearance..... Bobby.

Matt Burks

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 10:43:04 pm
Could we realistically get Brohm?

ur

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 10:43:04 pm
Another carpetbagger? (check my posts ;) )

soooieman

Quote from: code red on October 14, 2017, 10:43:55 pm
Lol so how's Bert doing.?  Our only BCS appearance..... Bobby.
Classic Petrino lover response. Deflect how much BP sucks and talk about BB. I knew what you were going to do before you did.

code red

code red

Quote from: soooieman on October 14, 2017, 10:48:59 pm
Classic Petrino lover response. Deflect how much BP sucks and talk about BB. I knew what you were going to do before you did.
Defend Brett's recruiting??? That's what I thought.....lol.

Hogarusa

Looked great today, so close to double digits vs Wisconsin
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 14, 2017, 10:44:48 pm
I doubt it.  I don't see a first year coach at a P5 school just leaving right away like that. 

Matt Burks

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 10:54:40 pm
I doubt it.  I don't see a first year coach at a P5 school just leaving right away like that. 
I thought I heard once that he has ties to Arkansas?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: soooieman on October 14, 2017, 10:48:59 pm

Not really deflecting.  Yes defense is terrible. But when he was at Arkansas his teams were pretty good here.  I don't really care what his teams are at other schools.  Doesn't help us one bit.  He isn't going to ever coach here again so really doesn't matter.

HiggiePiggy

RedRock

rtr

Bonehog

I guess Hoggle was the chick on the back of BP's bike,So triggered.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

ur

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 14, 2017, 10:44:48 pm
I think we have a chance. Purdue needs a lot of work in football to catch up. Not a destination job right now.  I'm afraid his dream job is Louisville and he would leave us for there.

ur

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 14, 2017, 10:56:03 pm
I thought I heard once that he has ties to Arkansas?
Find out. He would be a huge haul.

Roaringboar

Brohm isn't the answer......he's only 3-3 at Purdue in the Big 10-West.......if he does well next year then that indicates his talent, but being succesful at Western Kentucky doesn't mean he's a future P-5 master.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

RedRock

Give me anyone that has a creative offensive mind. 

Matt Burks

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 14, 2017, 11:03:34 pm
Brohm isn't the answer......he's only 3-3 at Purdue in the Big 10-West.......if he does well next year then that indicates his talent, but being succesful at Western Kentucky doesn't mean he's a future P-5 master.....
What he has done at Purdue, one of the worst teams in the Nation the past couple of years, is pretty remarkable. I think he'd do very well at Ark.

Matt Burks

Quote from: ur on October 14, 2017, 11:02:16 pm
I think we have a chance. Purdue needs a lot of work in football to catch up. Not a destination job right now.  I'm afraid his dream job is Louisville and he would leave us for there.
Being a former Louisville qb, I can see that.

rtr

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 14, 2017, 11:07:05 pm
Being a former Louisville qb, I can see that.
Not so sure about that at all.

ur

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 14, 2017, 11:03:34 pm
Not going to get in an argument but to be 3-3 in your first year at Purdue is very good. They have been beyond terrible the last 3 years. I do agree in that he is not proven but he sure looks and sounds good. Much better than what we have but that's not saying much.

lumphog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 14, 2017, 10:23:07 pm
Are you kidding me?  How many teams in the country are going to line up toe to toe and play ground hog run with Bama, Auburn, LSU, and UGA?  NOBODY!  The game just isn’t played that way any more and it’s definately not going to work against the top 4 in the SEC.  UA will NEVER get the lines to do that.  Yes, attempt to balance the run and pass but we need an offense that spreads the field that puts players in space.  We will never win at UA in the SEC using antiquated offenses such as the pro formation.  High schools don’t do it and I can’t think of any team in the P5 doing it.  There is a reason for that.
^^^THIS^^^
HIRE THE PIRATE.... He can win HERE!!!!!

Roaringboar

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 14, 2017, 11:05:37 pm
What he has done at Purdue, one of the worst teams in the Nation the past couple of years, is pretty remarkable. I think he'd do very well at Ark.

Yeah but Purdue is only 3-3 with their only wins coming against Mizzou, Minnesota, and Ohio University.......no one of any real importance.......Ohio is doing okay, but they play in the Mac, and pretty weak Leage of 5 conference..........the losses to  Wisconsin, Louisville, and Michigan, though those were good teams, don't show me he's some elite level coach.......he's tryinng to rebuild a program in Purdue......maybe he kept it close against Louisville, but they are not crumbling, Michigan is really struggling on offense, and Wisconsin I think underestimated them a bit, though they still own.....nothing here indicates Brohm is an elite level coach who could take Arkansas above and beyond in the next few years.....

Roaringboar

Quote from: lumphog on October 14, 2017, 11:09:49 pm
^^^THIS^^^
HIRE THE PIRATE.... He can win HERE!!!!!

Leach's air-raid offense wouldn't last a week in the SEC......you just can't play that type of football in this conference and expect to win......

lumphog

Quote from: code red on October 14, 2017, 10:49:08 pm
Les Miles..,.. tomorrow
HALE NAW!!!! He couldn't win with the BEST talent in the country... some of yall need to stop post'n, it's makin you look st...ah BAD

Matt Burks

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 14, 2017, 11:11:36 pm
Yeah but Purdue is only 3-3 with their only wins coming against Mizzou, Minnesota, and Ohio University.......no one of any real importance.......Ohio is doing okay, but they play in the Mac, and pretty weak Leage of 5 conference..........the losses to  Wisconsin, Louisville, and Michigan, though those were good teams, don't show me he's some elite level coach.......he's tryinng to rebuild a program in Purdue......maybe he kept it close against Louisville, but they are not crumbling, Michigan is really struggling on offense, and Wisconsin I think underestimated them a bit, though they still own.....nothing here indicates Brohm is an elite level coach who could take Arkansas above and beyond in the next few years.....
Well who is out there that we can realistically get that can compete
Quote from: rtr on October 14, 2017, 11:07:42 pm
Not so sure about that at all.
why is that?