Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One thing was shown tonight.been playing a lot of the wrong players

Started by forrest city joe, October 14, 2017, 09:42:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

31to6

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 14, 2017, 10:55:18 pm
I would prefer Gragg any day of the week!  What has Cantrell done other than run like he has Jimmy Hoffa boots on????!!!!!!
Even in the NFL you have blocking TE's and those who are valued for their mismatch / playmaking ability. But that blocking TE is only very rarely asked to make a play--maybe as a 4th checkdown. You don't scheme to get the ball to a 4.8-40 guy 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 31to6 on October 14, 2017, 10:57:20 pm
Even in the NFL you have blocking TE's and those who are valued for their mismatch / playmaking ability. But that blocking TE is only very rarely asked to make a play--maybe as a 4th checkdown. You don't scheme to get the ball to a 4.8-40 guy 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

And this is the problem. Cantrell is not Henry or Sprinkle.

Switchback

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 14, 2017, 11:03:52 pm
That's my problem.  The guy has concrete on his feet and BB continue to throw the ball to him.  WHY!  All the 4 Star TEs on this roster with better speed and we continue to try to make a Mack truck a corvette?  It just doesn't make sense.

I wish he would do a better chip block before he release on a route.  The play looks slow because his defender isn't either picked up by someone else or chip blocked well enough.  He doesnt even have time to get 3 yards downfield.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 14, 2017, 10:48:36 pm
Yea, this game made me quite proud because we fought the the end and put some licks on Bama.  If we play the right players and keep the effort and fix the special teams.  We will win in the 2nd half.
I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.  Our special teams have been a disaster under CBB for 5 years.

hoglady

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 14, 2017, 10:45:13 pm
The young man is about ready to give up. He's down about not playing. Hopefully things will work out like it worked out for Wallace tonight. What Bret is doing to some of these kids is wrong. Don't throw his name out there if you're not going to play him.

Hope he doesn't give up football but if Bret's still coach after this season - I would hope Hammonds transfers for his sake.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HawgsPolo

What about the 2015 Parade All American qb on the roster?  What's up with him??
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 14, 2017, 11:03:20 pm
And this is the problem. Cantrell is not Henry or Sprinkle.

Cantrell was actually pretty fast until they put 40 extra pounds on him.

gangstaback

Quote from: HawgsPolo on October 15, 2017, 08:31:03 am
What about the 2015 Parade All American qb on the roster?  What's up with him??

Was he not on the bench? Who would have replaced CK if he was injured during the game?

PearlHarbor

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 14, 2017, 09:55:51 pm
Do you have permanently saved so you can just paste that over and over?

Long's dossier on you just got one page thicker.

Are you really going to try to stifle dissent by claiming Jeff Long is running some kind of Gestapo/1984 agency against our own fans?
Better watch out! BoogiemanJeff is recording what you say on hogville! 

Good Lord.

jmb1973

Hawgzinbowlz

"One thing was shown tonight.been playing a lot of the wrong players"

...Along with some wrong coach's...Including CBB

" GO HOGS "

jackflash

some of us need to become head coaches we could win  them all where that smart LOL