Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One thing was shown tonight.been playing a lot of the wrong players

Started by forrest city joe, October 14, 2017, 09:42:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Cole Kelly,Zack Rodgers,Brian Wallace,B.Martin to name a few.51 needs to sit. he can not play OL.and 44 needs to be replaced at TE.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

forrest city joe

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

buldozer

Looks like its a popularity contest rather than a talent contest to me. No way some of these guys would play if the decision was solely based on performance

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 14, 2017, 09:42:32 pm
Cole Kelly,Zack Rodgers,Brian Wallace,B.Martin to name a few.51 needs to sit. he can not play OL.and 44 needs to be replaced at TE.

Hasn't Martin been hurt?  And no way any coach would have played Kelly over Allen to start. 

I'll give you the OL, though.  What a disaster.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

RyeHogFan

Still have to wonder why they never even got Hammonds in the game.  Surely with all the runs up the middle that were getting stuffed, we could have let him take one on the outside or maybe threw a short pass to him to see what he could do with it.  I am glad that those other guys finally got playing time though. 

The OTR

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 14, 2017, 09:47:57 pm
Fire Jeff Long

Do you have permanently saved so you can just paste that over and over?

Long's dossier on you just got one page thicker.

Dark Helmet Hog

We are not playing the best players, using the right schemes or calling the right plays. Bottom line is we are not getting the most from our players or putting them in the best position to win. Poor coaching all around.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 14, 2017, 09:44:57 pm
Who will replace Froholdt on this team Joe?

Bielema could always decide to move Austin Capps or Bijhon Jackson to Left Guard.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Bielema is resistant to change. We see that with the play calling and him doing everything he can to not play Brian Wallace. Bielemas biggest problem is he is obsessed with finding/creating the next JJ Watt. Sometimes it is successful (aj derby) other times it hurts the entire team (Froholdt in 2016)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 14, 2017, 09:55:51 pm

Has to have it saved. I'm pretty sure he responded with this to a thread over in the tailgating forum. Maybe he meant fire the grill?  Or, this darn is just so darn habitual to him now it's just replaced carpetbagger as his go to.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Josh Goforth

Are u saying Kelley should start LT? Ha, Froholdt is a solid LG, prob has been at RG and the tackle spots all season.

Tusks

If you're going to pull Rags from Center and he's 'by far' the best OL, then why not play him at LT.  In big boy ball, the LT is always a teams best OL on the team.  Rags is the best C, OG, OT on the team so play him at LT.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

bondhue

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 14, 2017, 09:55:51 pm

Are we really going to start this crap again?  The implication is that someone's anonymity has been compromised by the mods,  and the poster is going to suffer personal harm as a result of his post.  Your post is way down the stupid scale from his.  I would advise you to stop posting threats. 
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 14, 2017, 09:56:08 pm
We are not playing the best players, using the right schemes or calling the right plays. Bottom line is we are not getting the most from our players or putting them in the best position to win. Poor coaching all around.
Are you throwing you name in the helmet for next HC?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

LumberBacks

I prefer Zach Rogers over Zack Rodgers

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: bondhue on October 14, 2017, 10:05:45 pm
Are we really going to start this crap again?  The implication is that someone's anonymity has been compromised by the mods,  and the poster is going to suffer personal harm as a result of his post.  Your post is way down the stupid scale from his.  I would advise you to stop posting threats.

His post wasn't a threat, but I realize you wouldn't know that.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

grayhawg

I seen one thing that really made me smile, we didn't fold in the second half.

RazorPiggie

44 is the only TE that's willing to block. Cantrell is far from the problem. But you'd prefer Gragg I'm sure.

bondhue

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 14, 2017, 10:08:20 pm
His post wasn't a threat, but I realize you wouldn't know that.
There is a history behind this from another thread telling people who criticized Jeff Long that they had better add dead bolts to their doors, because he had a dossier on them.  That is threatening, and poster above was on that thread.  I think some of the worst comments were pulled by mods.  But people in the thread could have reasonably believed they were being  warned about their comments.

I ask the mods not to delete this comment, because whether the type of comments I am responding to are joking are not, they need to stop.   This is notice to stop.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: bondhue on October 14, 2017, 10:18:51 pm
There is a history behind this from another thread telling people who criticized Jeff Long that they had better add dead bolts to their doors, because he had a dossier on them.  That is threatening, and poster above was on that thread.  I think some of the worst comments were pulled by mods.  But people in the thread could have reasonably believed they were being  warned about their comments.
It was sarcasm..but you wouldn't get that..
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

bondhue

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 14, 2017, 10:22:10 pm
It was sarcasm..but you wouldn't get that..
Sarcasm is hard to read on the internet.  I am saying stop.

forrest city joe

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 14, 2017, 10:13:14 pm
44 is the only TE that's willing to block. Cantrell is far from the problem. But you'd prefer Gragg I'm sure.
Patton and C'J. and i don't think Cantrell is that great of a blocker.and he slow with average to bad hands.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: bondhue on October 14, 2017, 10:23:59 pm
Sarcasm is hard to read on the internet.  I am saying stop.
Stop what, sarcasm on the internet? good luck with that and BTW DON'T ever go to DST because that's all they have down there!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 14, 2017, 09:44:57 pm
Who will replace Froholdt on this team Joe?

Froholdt should be where he was recruited to be.  On the defensive line.  The kid was a stud there and the coaches switch him out of it to cover weakness. 

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

ChicoHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 14, 2017, 10:27:28 pm
Patton and C'J. and i don't think Cantrell is that great of a blocker.and he slow with average to bad hands.
Let's see how many times you are wrong. Cantrell is one of the best blocking TEs in the country and will likely play in the NFL in some fashion.  He also ran the sprints in HS and is actually very fast for a guy his size. And you may want to actually know the player's names before typing.  Go back to washing Mike Anderson's car. 

31to6

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 14, 2017, 10:13:14 pm
Cantrell isn't a problem. It is just that they are featuring him on plays that have no hope of success.

We seem to be the only team with an offensive scheme designed to get slow players with bad hands out in space. On any other team those screens go to TJ Hammons or Chase Hayden.

It's almost as bad as those TE sweeps we were using in the red zone in the last two years. Against SEC defenses it's like watching the fat kid chasing the guy who stole his hat.

RebHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 14, 2017, 09:55:42 pm
Idiot...and to the other posters, those changes really made a difference.

Against Bama no but earlier in the year yes this could have made a difference will you please follow BB to the next school when he gets fired?

factchecker

Quote from: 31to6 on October 14, 2017, 10:37:44 pm
It's almost as bad as those TE sweeps we were using in the red zone in the last two years. Against SEC defenses it's like watching the fat kid chasing the guy who stole his hat.

Or toss sweeps to the boundary..... will never understand that play.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 14, 2017, 10:06:38 pm
Are you throwing you name in the helmet for next HC?

Ha! I don't think I could do any worse. I have a track record for success and know how to delegate with accountability. As Jocko says, its not what you preach. Its what you tolerate.

Bret needs a copy.
https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Ownership-U-S-Navy-SEALs-ebook/dp/B00VE4Y0Z2

Jimbob111

Quote from: buldozer on October 14, 2017, 09:49:36 pm
Looks like its a popularity contest rather than a talent contest to me. No way some of these guys would play if the decision was solely based on performance

I've been saying this for years. If Bielema doesn't like you, you won't play. He thinks he has hubris by doing this and sticking to his guns. Looks like, after seeing the game tonight, it would have been obvious who should be playing. It's not hubris, it's ego and false machismo.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

lumphog

Quote from: alohawg on October 14, 2017, 09:52:23 pm
Well, we have the wrong coaches, so.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbvrhP3tfjY

THIS IS HOW I FEEL....   >:( >:( >:( :puke:

All last summer, in case you don't recall,
I was yours and you were mine...
FORGET IT ALL!!!
Is there a line that I can write
That's sad enough to make YOU CRY ?
And all the lines you wrote to me... WERE LIES!!!!
Months roll past, the LOVE that YOU struck DEAD
Did you love me ONLY IN MY HEAD ?
There were things you said & did to me
They seem to come so easily
The LOVE I thought I'd won...
You give for FREE
Whispers at the bus stop
Well, I've heard about
Nights out in the school yard
I FOUND OUT ABOUT YOOOU!!!!!
Fire this idiot.....NOW!!!!

cj_sez

I think Enos and Rhoads are being allowed more say in who plays. Perhaps Bielema has been warned to let them make more decisions or he is preparing to throw them under the bus.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: RyeHogFan on October 14, 2017, 09:53:26 pm
Still have to wonder why they never even got Hammonds in the game.  Surely with all the runs up the middle that were getting stuffed, we could have let him take one on the outside or maybe threw a short pass to him to see what he could do with it.  I am glad that those other guys finally got playing time though.

The young man is about ready to give up. He's down about not playing. Hopefully things will work out like it worked out for Wallace tonight. What Bret is doing to some of these kids is wrong. Don't throw his name out there if you're not going to play him.

userpick

Thank god they all played or else it would've been a blowout

Mr. Porkleone

Hoggish1

Quote from: grayhawg on October 14, 2017, 10:11:07 pm
I seen one thing that really made me smile, we didn't fold in the second half.

Yea, this game made me quite proud because we fought the the end and put some licks on Bama.  If we play the right players and keep the effort and fix the special teams.  We will win in the 2nd half.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 31to6 on October 14, 2017, 10:37:44 pm
Cantrell isn't a problem. It is just that they are featuring him on plays that have no hope of success.

We seem to be the only team with an offensive scheme designed to get slow players with bad hands out in space. On any other team those screens go to TJ Hammons or Chase Hayden.

Cantrell on that screen pass. I almost lost it with that play call. I think he's a good player but he shouldn't be a featured player in this offense.

Where are our explosive plays! Where are the explosive players? Nutt found ways to get Mcfadden and Jones the ball. Bobby got his playmakers the ball.

RebHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 14, 2017, 10:50:17 pm
Cantrell on that screen pass. I almost lost it with that play call. I think he's a good player but he shouldn't be a featured player in this offense.

Where are our explosive plays! Where are the explosive players? Nutt found ways to get Mcfadden and Jones the ball. Bobby got his playmakers the ball.

We only get the #uncommon player the ball you should know this!

31to6

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 10:52:09 pm
We only get the #uncommon player the ball you should know this!
There is no doubt in my mind that some of our players are fantastic human beings. I really do think that we have recruited high quality young men.

But at the end of the day, you have to put those men in a position to win ball games or you are just insulting them.

In the SEC everyone doesn't get a trophy and the big Icee.

The_Iceman

Cole Kelley should be the starting QB the rest of the year.