Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brian Wallace

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, October 14, 2017, 08:41:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I've made several posts over the past few weeks questioning Bielema/Anderson and the offensive line they choose to send out each week. I wondered why thet giving paul Ramirez and ty clary so many opportunities to learn on the job while not giving that same opportunity to Wallace. It almost seemed as if they didn't want Wallace on the field. Bielema has never been shy about bringing up players off the field issues in press conferences, so that couldn't have been the issue. It felt like Bielema/Anderson were playing favorites along the offensive line. I stated that if Brian Wallace ever got an opportunity to play and exceeded what we we're told he could do, that bielema would have to finally fess up. Well that time has come. Brian Wallace looks pretty good out there, why has he beld held out despite our severe lack of production on the line?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Letsroll1200

He's played much better against better competition. Pride and ego is a strange thing.

RebHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 14, 2017, 08:45:24 pm
He's played much better against better competition. Pride and ego is a strange thing.

He hasn't played at all until now so competition..huh????

NM I interpreted your post wrong sorry lots of Jim Beam in me at this point my bad

Danny J

Favorites would be my guess as well. I don't know if it's because "technique" by the others in practice is better but that doesn't excuse not trying something different on game day when the good practice players are struggling.

RebHog

Quote from: Danny J on October 14, 2017, 09:00:27 pm
Favorites would be my guess as well. I don't know if it's because "technique" by the others in practice is better but that doesn't excuse not trying something different on game day when the good practice players are struggling.

Agree just think if this lineup would have time to gel from day one. It does suck to move Rag from his position but it would have been best for the team. These changes this week shows me BB is finally seeing and feeling the pressure.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 09:02:58 pm
Agree just think if this lineup would have time to gel from day one. It does suck to move Rag from his position but it would have been best for the team. These changes this week shows me BB is finally seeing and feeling the pressure.
It's like he's reading HOGVILLE...

Cure

Quote from: Danny J on October 14, 2017, 09:00:27 pm
It isn't technique.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 09:02:58 pm
The funny thing is center isn't even his position. Ragnow was brought in as a 4* offensive tackle. I would love to see frank go a couple series at LT. Hes probably the only offensive lineman we have that is athletic enough to play the position well. Zach Rogers was ready to take over the Center position last year but bielema was hesitant to start him because hes shorter that what bielema likes at the center position *rolls eyes*
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Cure

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 09:12:25 pm
The funny thing is center isn't even his position. Ragnow was brought in as a 4* offensive tackle. I would love to see frank go a couple series at LT. Hes probably the only offensive lineman we have that is athletic enough to play the position well. Zach Rogers was ready to take over the Center position last year but bielema was hesitant to start him because hes shorter that what bielema likes at the center position *rolls eyes*
I said this in the game thread, but if they can play Kirkland out of position for the better of the team, they can do the same to Frank.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Pancetta

CBB thinks he's an OL whisperer ( see Froholdt) but our OL doesn't get it done. CBB should be held accountable.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

onebadrubi

Quote from: Cure on October 14, 2017, 09:45:43 pm
I said this in the game thread, but if they can play Kirkland out of position for the better of the team, they can do the same to Frank.

This move should have been made 1-2 years ago!!!   Bielema seriously failed here

Jek Tono Porkins

Some players are just better players on game day than they are in practice.

Here's an exercise: Right now, open google in another tab. Type in "Matt Jones practice." Tell me what you find.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

bulldog04

Last year it was the Bama game before Wallace got significant playing time and the same thing this year.  So I guess they wait until we play the best team before they play the best linemen.

Hogmaestro

I suspect Wallace doesn't play with the technique Anderson wants. But after last week Bret said "play the kid. Period."

Jimbob111

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on October 14, 2017, 09:08:14 pm
It's like he's reading HOGVILLE...

I actually thought the same thing but maybe it's simply that someone who can see the problems (much like Hogville does) gave him orders to change things. At any rate, he made changes people have been screaming about and the Hogs played much more solid. Hammonds was finally getting a few touches, too. But Beliema will quit his job before accepts that Froholdt might have been better left at DT.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

razorback44

Quote from: Jimbob111 on October 15, 2017, 01:01:10 am
I actually thought the same thing but maybe it's simply that someone who can see the problems (much like Hogville does) gave him orders to change things. At any rate, he made changes people have been screaming about and the Hogs played much more solid. Hammonds was finally getting a few touches, too. But Beliema will quit his job before accepts that Froholdt might have been better left at DT.

Going in to this week, Froholdt rates out on PFF as the best Guard in the SEC. Maybe we should move on to something else to complain about because that one isn't it.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

HogFoo

I liked the OL we played.  Wallace, rogers, ragnow, froholdt  and can't think of the other kids name right now.  Anyways,   I thought for the most paDr that the OLine looked good, there just isn't much you can do when the #1 team in the country at their place is all out blitzing on every single play!  But, ya know what, I thought the line held up pretty good!  I made mention of a reason why we didn't see Wallace.  I'll put it this way, I got it from a very good source that Anderson didn't like Wallace because of something childish that had happened is what I heard.  Really it was something silly.  And , even tho Wallace was a better player, Anderson was holding a grudge about this stupid little thing.  After I heard what it was, I immediately thought his ass should have been fired.  I still think he needs to be fired! And will hope he is fired until he actually is fired! Like I told my friend tonight, had the OL that was playing tonight started the season out together, we'd probably have a pretty good team right now!  Hopefully, they'll keep this group together and build from it and just get better and better. I definitely believe that if Allen had been able to utilize the same OK he probably would have led us to victory in or or two games more.  But anyways, hopefully we can keep this group going and build up around it. We'll see tho! Oh and hopefully  Bielema realizes how big of a jackass Anderson has been by not playing Wallace and Rogers and tells him he is fired !
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hoglady

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 09:12:25 pm

Did he shrink since we recruited him?
If he's too short to play on a Bielema line, WHY did Bielema give him scholarship.
He was a 3 or 4 star player that had other options - why would you do that to a kid?
Sounds like we weren't exactly honest with him up front.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

presidenthog

I find it really odd that we all said Gibson was a better guard than tackle. We seen him get whipped at RT, but now he is playing LT which is harder. Bert now says he thinks that is Gibson's natural position.

I think Bert is actually clueless and doesn't actually know who his best players are, and doesn't know how to use them.

Deon Stewart actually showed me something for the 1st time ever tonight, but I can't figure out why he is returning punts and not Hammonds. Why is Hammonds not playing at all?? This is criminal imo.

HogFoo

Quote from: hoglady on October 15, 2017, 01:33:35 am
Did he shrink since we recruited him?
If he's too short to play on a Bielema line, WHY did Bielema give him scholarship.
He was a 3 or 4 star player that had other options - why would you do that to a kid?
Sounds like we weren't exactly honest with him up front.
Rogers was a high 4* and he was the #2 Or even #1 center coming out of HS, depending on which service ya looked under.  The OL mess falls directly Anderson.  Of course Bielema should have checked on it before now and before Anderson's  screw up and personal agenda cost Bielema his job!  So that falls on Bielema, but the OLine mess, that's Anderson!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: presidenthog on October 15, 2017, 01:41:59 am
I find it really odd that we all said Gibson was a better guard than tackle. We seen him get whipped at RT, but now he is playing LT which is harder. Bert now says he thinks that is Gibson's natural position.

I think Bert is actually clueless and doesn't actually know who his best players are, and doesn't know how to use them.

Deon Stewart actually showed me something for the 1st time ever tonight, but I can't figure out why he is returning punts and not Hammonds. Why is Hammonds not playing at all?? This is criminal imo.
He got stepped on in practice last week. He's injured

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HogFoo on October 15, 2017, 01:42:59 am
Rogers was a high 4* and he was the #2 Or even #1 center coming out of HS, depending on which service ya looked under.  The OL mess falls directly Anderson.  Of course Bielema should have checked on it before now and before Anderson's  screw up and personal agenda cost Bielema his job!  So that falls on Bielema, but the OLine mess, that's Anderson!
I swear its like they don't understand the skill set of the guys on the OL. Its like they're just trying stuff and hoping it works. I will continue to say that our lineup should be:
LT Ragnow
LG Froholdt
C Zach Rogers
RG Johnny Gibson
RT Brian Wallace.
That lineup puts your brute force guys in the middle and the athletic, agile guys on the outside

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 08:41:54 pm
I've made several posts over the past few weeks questioning Bielema/Anderson and the offensive line they choose to send out each week. I wondered why thet giving paul Ramirez and ty clary so many opportunities to learn on the job while not giving that same opportunity to Wallace. It almost seemed as if they didn't want Wallace on the field. Bielema has never been shy about bringing up players off the field issues in press conferences, so that couldn't have been the issue. It felt like Bielema/Anderson were playing favorites along the offensive line. I stated that if Brian Wallace ever got an opportunity to play and exceeded what we we're told he could do, that bielema would have to finally fess up. Well that time has come. Brian Wallace looks pretty good out there, why has he beld held out despite our severe lack of production on the line?
The only thing Bielema and Anderson think about is.... 
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ICEman

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 15, 2017, 04:11:51 am
The only thing Bielema and Anderson think about is.... 
And we feel like the 'captives' in the late 18th century France.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

jgphillips3

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 15, 2017, 04:06:38 am
I swear its like they don't understand the skill set of the guys on the OL. Its like they're just trying stuff and hoping it works. I will continue to say that our lineup should be:
LT Ragnow
LG Froholdt
C Zach Rogers
RG Johnny Gibson
RT Brian Wallace.
That lineup puts your brute force guys in the middle and the athletic, agile guys on the outside

It's like people forget Ragnow was rated highly as a tackle coming out of high school.  Anderson's incompetence is going to cost Bielema his job.  He should have Markason'ed him after TCU.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 15, 2017, 05:49:50 am
It's like people forget Ragnow was rated highly as a tackle coming out of high school.  Anderson's incompetence is going to cost Bielema his job.  He should have Markason'ed him after TCU.
Not happening. Getting rid of Anderson would mean he was wrong about being able to replace pittman easily. Yes he said that. He would rather lose games than admit he was wrong

Inhogswetrust

Some of you should be coaches. The way you post one would believe you are coaching savants and would beat Saban every year and win multiple NC's. No wait you wouldn't!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bulldog04

LT Ragnow
LG Froholdt
C Zach Rogers
RG Johnny Gibson
RT Brian Wallace.
That would be my Oline if I was coach

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogmaestro on October 15, 2017, 12:21:22 am
I suspect Wallace doesn't play with the technique Anderson wants. But after last week Bret said "play the kid. Period."

The opposite.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogman2

Quote from: Hogmaestro on October 15, 2017, 12:21:22 am
What is this technique Anderson teaches? Our offensive linemen fall all over the field,  Their footwork is so bad they are always missing blocks because they are never in the right position to block.  Our o-line should be using a cape as their blocking  amounts to matadors waving the defensive linemen through yelling ole.  Our LG CANNOT play block!

LumberBacks

In a similar burn-the-redshirt move that Bielema/Anderson made this year, Bielema did the same thing to Zach Rogers in 2015 as a freshman.  Played a handful of snaps.  Burned the redshirt.  Rogers now only has one year after this.  Total waste.  Bielema preaches about being able to redshirt those linemen to make them big and slow with Herb's grommet sandwiches.   CLUE.  LESS.

LumberBacks

Quote from: Hogman2 on October 15, 2017, 09:26:34 am
What is this technique Anderson teaches? Our offensive linemen fall all over the field,  Their footwork is so bad they are always missing blocks because they are never in the right position to block.  Our o-line should be using a cape as their blocking  amounts to matadors waving the defensive linemen through yelling ole.  Our LG CANNOT play block!
Just a word he throws out there to make him sound like a black belt coach.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HogFoo on October 15, 2017, 01:29:38 am
I liked the OL we played.  Wallace, rogers, ragnow, froholdt  and can't think of the other kids name right now.  Anyways,   I thought for the most paDr that the OLine looked good, there just isn't much you can do when the #1 team in the country at their place is all out blitzing on every single play!  But, ya know what, I thought the line held up pretty good!  I made mention of a reason why we didn't see Wallace.  I'll put it this way, I got it from a very good source that Anderson didn't like Wallace because of something childish that had happened is what I heard.  Really it was something silly.  And , even tho Wallace was a better player, Anderson was holding a grudge about this stupid little thing.  After I heard what it was, I immediately thought his ass should have been fired.  I still think he needs to be fired! And will hope he is fired until he actually is fired! Like I told my friend tonight, had the OL that was playing tonight started the season out together, we'd probably have a pretty good team right now!  Hopefully, they'll keep this group together and build from it and just get better and better. I definitely believe that if Allen had been able to utilize the same OK he probably would have led us to victory in or or two games more.  But anyways, hopefully we can keep this group going and build up around it. We'll see tho! Oh and hopefully  Bielema realizes how big of a jackass Anderson has been by not playing Wallace and Rogers and tells him he is fired !

Well, if this is true, perhaps Anderson should just be left home this week and for the rest of the season to do whatever he does best in his own back yard with his young kids.

I saw a more engaged CBB last night.  Let him take the O-line duties over for the rest of the year.

hoglady

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 15, 2017, 09:09:48 am
The opposite.

So I gather from your response you believe it's Bret not Anderson who was sitting Wallace?
If so, do you believe that Bret basically tells the coaches who they can play?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoglady on October 15, 2017, 09:39:54 am
So I gather from your response you believe it's Bret not Anderson who was sitting Wallace?
If so, do you believe that Bret basically tells the coaches who they can play?

He is the HC.
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 15, 2017, 09:09:48 am
The opposite.

Be a little more specific please Muskogee, I'm curious to exactly what you think was the reason for the change.

Hoggish1

LT Ragnow
LG Froholdt
C Zach Rogers
RG Johnny Gibson
RT Brian Wallace.

I agree.  Lt's see if these changes are made this week, on Monday!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!