Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What are the chances Coach BB will resign and part ways with no buyout?

Started by smb, October 13, 2017, 07:23:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

smb

GeorgiaHOG

TexArkHogFan

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

ricepig

woodrow hog call

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

The NewEra

No chance?  Bielema believes he's almost there and that he's doing a good job. 

smb

Quote from: The NewEra on October 13, 2017, 01:15:56 pm
I guess this is based on player development.
GeorgiaHOG

The NewEra

East Clintwood

Bert might as well use the words of our famous BB coach  "if they go ahead and pay me my money, they can take my job tomorrow."
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

smb

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 13, 2017, 01:30:08 pm
Bert might as well use the words of our famous BB coach  "if they go ahead and pay me my money, they can take my job tomorrow."
Forgot about that one.
GeorgiaHOG

MAL3

TheJoeyBucketz

What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: The NewEra on October 13, 2017, 01:15:56 pm

That's certainly his line now; however, I don't think for a minute he believes it.

navyhog24

phadedhawg

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on October 13, 2017, 10:17:15 am
Jen says zero percent.

Yikes....did she actually say that or we just guessing her thoughts on the matter?

DoctorSusscrofa

Glad to see this topic rehashed. Never get tired of the same topics.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

East Clintwood

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 13, 2017, 01:57:47 pm

It keeps you coming back for more.

sickboy

I don't care who you are or what the situation... you always try to get everything you can within reason during a negotiation. Some would even say "within reason" is optional. If I were Bielema's lawyer, I'd say the same.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 13, 2017, 01:57:22 pm
Yikes....did she actually say that or we just guessing her thoughts on the matter?
We've got a little mouth to feed now.  Gotta think about her.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

razorcash2

About as good of a chance as Silver Dollar City not hanging any Christmas Lights this year...

MemphisBossHog

part with the whole buyout???  Not a chance in Hades, but would he tell his agent to negotiate a buyout and reduce it from $15.4M?  That might be possible.  Just depends on how much he would have to give up. 

Drop the Mike

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 16, 2017, 01:29:14 pm
part with the whole buyout???  Not a chance in Hades, but would he tell his agent to negotiate a buyout and reduce it from $15.4M?  That might be possible.  Just depends on how much he would have to give up.

I'll bet we can get it down from 15.4 to say.... 5.9?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hoggish1

GoHogs1091

It is always possible he could in order to try to salvage his Resume.

Then in future Head Coach job interviews he could say to the school(s) interviewing him that he chose to get out because Arkansas is a lost-cause football program with an irrational fanbase.

He probably has to be weighing his options that will help him public perception wise in order to help him with possible future employment.

MJ2

None.   They will part ways and he will get money but it may take us years to ever get the truth out of what the real payout cost may be.   Jockeying for position has already started.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 16, 2017, 01:29:14 pm

You obviously don't read this board enough.  You still think it's 15 million? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Sooieet-N-Sower

Hogman2

KCRazorbackfan

Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

BrianG

He is not that stupid.  If it was me I would take every penny as is on the contract.  All of us would.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 13, 2017, 01:57:47 pm

This and "Who do we hire?"  "Who's the best fit?"  "Who is a good replacement?"   
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: BrianG on October 16, 2017, 08:09:46 pm
He is not that stupid.  If it was me I would take every penny as is on the contract.  All of us would.

Bingo. But cuz one guy left the money, there seems to be a reason to even ask this question.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

lakecityhog

How many times do some of you guys lather, rinse and repeat, until the bottle is empty?

I constantly see posts condemning "re-hashed" topics and "how often" comments and my question is
"WHY CLICK ON A THREAD THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T LIKE"?????

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

East Clintwood

Quote from: HenduHog on October 16, 2017, 08:12:53 pm
This and "Who do we hire?"  "Who's the best fit?"  "Who is a good replacement?"   

They keep asking the same questions because we never get an answer.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 16, 2017, 08:24:20 pm
How many times do some of you guys lather, rinse and repeat, until the bottle is empty?

I constantly see posts condemning "re-hashed" topics and "how often" comments and my question is
"WHY CLICK ON A THREAD THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T LIKE"?????

For me, its because HV is my only place to discuss Arkansas Razorbacks, but HV doesn't do that anymore. Its the same 4 topics rehashed so many times that its become absolutely comical. So, as there will be the same rehashed topics over and over, I will continue the same rehashed question.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HardCore

Quote from: MartinGit on October 16, 2017, 08:28:34 pm
what is <0% - no, I didn't read all of the posts above

THIS.  He has to wait it out to get his buyout.  Doubtful he will get another P5 HC position anytime soon, so he has to have that nest egg.  Coordinators don't make near the salary of the HC.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)