Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Nutt would be an improvement...

Started by lilredheadedlady, October 07, 2017, 07:23:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lilredheadedlady

Think about that for a minute.  Let that marinate and really settle in.

By the numbers, Houston Nutt was a better coach.  HDN was a gosh darn embarrassment.  And most of us couldn't stand him.

Now we're looking back at the Nutt years wishing we had it so good.

How did it get this bad? 
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

East TN HAWG

Silver Hog

GuvHog

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on October 07, 2017, 07:23:29 pm
Think about that for a minute.  Let that marinate and really settle in.

By the numbers, Houston Nutt was a better coach.  HDN was a gosh darn embarrassment.  And most of us couldn't stand him.

Now we're looking back at the Nutt years wishing we had it so good.

How did it get this bad? 

We hired a horrible AD, that's how.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TebowHater

Quote from: East TN HAWG on October 07, 2017, 07:24:28 pm
Not true.  He had multiple 4-7 seasons.

Are you kidding me? HDN won 8+ games six of ten years here. Now it's like we won the NC if we win 8 games

BallHog1

The clueless are crawling out if the woodwork

Dark Helmet Hog

Porkette

October 07, 2017, 07:27:33 pm #8 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:38:10 pm by Porkette

He had one 4-win season and one 5-win season. The rest were 6 or better.

ETA: In fact, 6 of his 10 seasons here were 8 wins or better.
GO HOGS GO!

pingeye2

i would rather go 0-12 for the next 10 years than have Nutt as coach

lilredheadedlady

Compare HDNs W/L record to CBBs.  I'll wait.

TebowHater

jcharkansas

Quote from: BallHog1 on October 07, 2017, 07:25:58 pm
The clueless are crawling out if the woodwork
Nothing clueless about Nutt being better. His teams would still fight to the end and we're at the very least passionate.

Calling All Hogs

He might coach better than CBB but there is a reason no one has or will hire the SOB.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: TebowHater on October 07, 2017, 07:25:57 pm
Are you kidding me? HDN won 8+ games six of ten years here. Now it's like we won the NC if we win 8 games

True he did with Fords players and DMAC.  He had the talent with Hillis, Dmac and Jones to win much more and did not.  He was the worst coach we've ever had with perfect timing.

HawgWyld

He's got a point. Nutt finished out his tenure at Arkansas with a 42-38 SEC record, while Bielema -- so far -- is falling well short of that. Bielema is to Arkansas what Nutt is to Ole Miss, and we know how well that worked out for Houston Dale...

Hogs run wild

nutt lucked into 2 of the greatest razorbacks in history. his coaching left much to be desired.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 07, 2017, 07:30:52 pm
He's got a point. Nutt finished out his tenure at Arkansas with a 42-38 SEC record, while Bielema -- so far -- is falling well short of that. Bielema is to Arkansas what Nutt is to Ole Miss, and we know how well that worked out for Houston Dale...
What was Bama's record in the same period?  The west was not what it is (minus this year.)

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 07, 2017, 07:30:09 pm
He might coach better than CBB but there is a reason no one has or will hire the SOB.

I don't want Nutt back.  I was a darksider back in the day.   My point is we are WAY worse off than when Nutt was coach.  How the heck did this happen?

East TN HAWG

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on October 07, 2017, 07:33:09 pm
I don't want Nutt back.  I was a darksider back in the day.   My point is we are WAY worse off than when Nutt was coach.  How the heck did this happen?

Poor recruiting, and the state is not producing any elite talent.   

Sweet Feet

People in denial won't admit it because they let their feelings get in the way.

In year 5, Nutt had Arkansas in the SEC title game with 9 wins. In year 5, Bielema is looking at a 4-8 record

Its not close. Nutt was a better coach than Bielema. Don't let your feelings get in the way of the facts

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 07, 2017, 07:36:43 pm
People in denial won't admit it because they let their feelings get in the way.

In year 5, Nutt had Arkansas in the SEC title game with 9 wins. In year 5, Bielema is looking at a 4-8 record

Its not close. Nutt was a better coach than Bielema

Every time I think about the shape our program is in, I get queasy.

The OTR

razorhog52

The blinding hatred for Nutt on here is ridiculous. I would never want him back but he's twice the coach BB is. I mean, he won 10SEC games his first 2 years. BB is stuck at 10 in year 5. BB has a losing record overall. Nutt had a winning record in SEC play.

HawgWyld

Quote from: East TN HAWG on October 07, 2017, 07:33:02 pm
What was Bama's record in the same period?  The west was not what it is (minus this year.)

I almost looked that up, but decided against it. Why? I'm not real interested in getting in a debate over which terrible Arkansas coach was actually worse. I detested Nutt and I used to view Bielema as the second coming of Nutt. After watching the Razorbacks wander around the field this season, however, I fear Bielema may actually be worse.

Again, though, it is depressing to think that this is what Razorbacks football has come to. A couple of weeks ago, fans were debating over whether A&M or Arkansas had the worse coach. The next logical step, I suppose, is for Razorbacks fans to decide if Bielema was worst than some other awful coach in Arkansas' past. Yuck...

Laughing Hog

"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Pork Ranger

HawgWyld

East TN HAWG

Nutt won two games his last year at OM.  Two games. 

kodiakisland

Quote from: pingeye2 on October 07, 2017, 07:28:18 pm
i would rather go 0-12 for the next 10 years than have Nutt as coach

Well, looks like we've got a shot.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 07, 2017, 07:42:55 pm
I wonder if he'd come back.

Oh God no. I don't want him back.  Just because Bielema is the worst coach in the SEC (and maybe college football?) doesn't mean we need another bad coach. Good grief.