Oct. 7 – at South Carolina*
Oct. 14 – at Alabama*
Oct. 21 – AUBURN*
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss*
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA
Nov. 11 – at LSU*
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE*
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI*

I'm having a hard time seeing it. ASSUMING we win this week and coastal Carolina (this isn't your avg cupcake team this week)...that's 3 wins. Where are the other 3? I'm going to say our best chances to win conference games as we sit here today are South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. So that's the realistic path to six wins the way I see it...and no guarantees we win all three of those.

Would you bet on the Hogs today winning 3 of these remaining conference games this year? I wouldn't. This could turn into an abysmal year quickly. Not being able to take out an abysmal, hapless A&M team is as big of a red flag as there is.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

red_beard_82

South Carolina, Ole Miss, Missouri, and split LSU and Miss St.

hogcard1964

He's going to lose to Alabama and Missouri.  It's what he does.  So I'm going with:

New Mexico St., South Carolina, Auburn, Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina.

Auburn doesn't impress me.

HatfieldHog

I think that we end up with 5 wins this year.  (Huge Dissappointment)
But, the real problem is, we are going to start a brand new QB in the SEC next year, which probably means that we don't go more than 500 next year also!

At least A&M can look to the future by winning with a totally inexperienced true freshman QB that will only get better next year.  But we can't say that at all!

Arkansas football is not going in the right direction!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 09:09:28 am
He's going to lose to Alabama and Missouri.  It's what he does.  So I'm going with:

Auburn doesn't need to impress you to be favored to beat this Arkansas team.

hoglady

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 25, 2017, 09:14:56 am
Auburn doesn't need to impress you to be favored to beat this Arkansas team.

No kidding!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

onebadrubi

It's a guessing game so lets have fun with it. 

We will most likely be favored by vegas in 4 games.  NMst, ole Miss, CC, and Mizzou, with USCe being maybe a near pick possibly. 

I think we win 4 of those 5 games listed above.  We could easily drop NM st and win the rest, or could easily win the first 4 and drop Mizzou, but I bet we win all 5. 

Now on to the harder half of the schedule, like I said lets have fun.  Lets say Bama is a W, Auburn is a W, Ms st is a L, and LSU we lose in OT. 

Poker_hog

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 25, 2017, 09:03:29 am

Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE. 90%
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina*. 50%
Oct. 14 – at Alabama*  5%
Oct. 21 – AUBURN*.  25%
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss*.  60%
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA. 99%
Nov. 11 – at LSU*. 25%
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE*. 25%
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI*.  60%

Off the top of my head that's our chances in each game.  That leaves with winning 4-5 games with 4 being more likely.

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

WilsonHog

I think the surest path is wins over New Mexico State, South Carolina, Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss, and Missouri.

Even though we're out of conference this week, it'll be interesting to see how much energy and crispness we play with. I suspect an awful lot of work and energy went into preparation for A&M. How we respond might be a pretty good clue to the rest of the season.

Dominicanhog

Imo, the difference between a winning season and no bowl goes thru USCe.....

jst01

We will be lucky to win 4 more games.

That A&M game had TWO WEEKS to get prepared for! That was a statement game to come out and right the ship when your backs against the wall and you need a win more than ever...and the Hogs still couldn't win. The motivation and focus was probably higher before that A&M game than it will be all season and you see how far that got the team.

The next 3-4 weeks you will see more wearing down and injuries (as with all teams) and with more losses comes less confidence and less energy. I think the Hogs put it all on the line this past Saturday and still came up short and that's probably scary to know that it's still not enough against one of the weaker conference teams.

Grag T

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 25, 2017, 09:43:01 am
I think the surest path is wins over New Mexico State, South Carolina, Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss, and Missouri.

I agree with that.

Still, pretty sad that here we are, hoping we can find a way to win a stunning SIX games this season.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

1highhog

Take a look at the rest of the schedule:

Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE
Oct. 14 – at Alabama*
Oct. 21 – AUBURN*
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss*
Nov. 11 – at LSU*
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI*

I'm having a hard time seeing it. ASSUMING we win this week and coastal Carolina (this isn't your avg cupcake team this week)...that's 3 wins. Where are the other 3? I'm going to say our best chances to win conference games as we sit here today are South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. So that's the realistic path to six wins the way I see it...and no guarantees we win all three of those.

Would you bet on the Hogs today winning 3 of these remaining conference games this year? I wouldn't. This could turn into an abysmal year quickly. Not being able to take out an abysmal, hapless A&M team is as big of a red flag as there is.

If we can upset NMS this weekend that's 2, I think we can beat Coastal Carolina in a straight up game so that's 3, if somehow or another we play Ole Miss and then they have to forfeit the win that's 4, to be honest with you that's all of the wins I can see at this point.

jkstock04

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 25, 2017, 09:39:09 am
Off the top of my head that's our chances in each game.  That leaves with winning 4-5 games with 4 being more likely.

I still can't get out of my mind how awful I believe A&M to be. I think they are a really bad team. I actually predicted us to beat them and really believed we would based on how poorly they had played against sunbelt and worse teams.

With that said I can't put more than 50% on the South Carolina game, Ole Miss, or Mizzou. I think the rest of the conference games are big time long shots for victories. It looks bad to me.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

havok

Not sure 6 games is even possible at this point... but:

Step 1 would be to fire & Replace Kurt Anderson.  A year and 3 games has proven he has no business in the job roll he currently holds.

hawgon

It ain't happening.  Bielema always brings in a record at least two games below what the team has in it.  This year all the experts pretty much agreed on 7-5 or 6-6.  That means Bert is going to bring this home with four or five.

hogcard1964

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 25, 2017, 09:54:22 am
I still can't get out of my mind how awful I believe A&M to be. I think they are a really bad team. I actually predicted us to beat them and really believed we would based on how poorly they had played against sunbelt and worse teams.

With that said I can't put more than 50% on the South Carolina game, Ole Miss, or Mizzou. I think the rest of the conference games are big time long shots for victories. It looks bad to me.

They are.  I still can't believe we lost to these clowns.  10 starting freshmen!!!   We just lost to a shi^^y team that started 10 freshmen!!!

AugustaHog

If we don't beat USCe, I would begin the buy-out conversations with CBB's agent.  Without that win, a bowl would be unlikely.  Even if we do get a bowl, it's going to be something awful like the Birmingham Bowl.  It would be beneficial for him to get out before this totally turns toxic, and it will.  If for some reason, Jeff Long decides that CBB deserves year 6 with a 5-6 win season, 2018 will be an absolute circus.  I get that the buy-out is absurd and it drops to 8mil and change after Jan.1st, but you can't wait until that long to make a move.  There's going to be a long line and we would be positioned very poorly and recruiting would be sunk.  Work out a deal where we part amicably with him getting a little bump over the 8 mil and possibly tweaking on the language about how much he can earn at another coaching job that would allow him to earn more than is standard without him being penalized.  There's no need for this to turn into HDN part 2.  CBB is a better guy than the Hooter, but the real reason that turned into that kind of fiasco was because it dragged on 5 years longer than it should've. 

parallaxpig

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 25, 2017, 09:59:01 am
We are literally 2 or 3 plays from being 3-0 and people talking about 10 wins. The truth is, the league sucks. Lsu is terrible, so is ole miss, miss st., mizzou has the worst defense in college football, they are truly horrible. Ole miss is bad. We have 2 cupcakes. USCE is terrible. We are bad. But there are a lot of teams worse. This is the worst the sec has ever been.

Arkansas will win 7 games.

I used to believe that but a Coach B team will find ways not to win.  They will keep it close but in the end they will lose. They will be lucky to win 6.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

1highhog

We are literally 2 or 3 plays from being 3-0 and people talking about 10 wins. The truth is, the league sucks. Lsu is terrible, so is ole miss, miss st., mizzou has the worst defense in college football, they are truly horrible. Ole miss is bad. We have 2 cupcakes. USCE is terrible. We are bad. But there are a lot of teams worse. This is the worst the sec has ever been.

Come back and see us at the end of the season and we will be glad to serve you the crow.

HognotinMemphis

Currently 1-2 and 0-1 in SEC.

Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE - Guaranteed Win
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina* - Toss up. SC will be favored by 3 or 4 points.
Oct. 14 – at Alabama* - Guaranteed Loss
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* - Guaranteed Loss
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss* - Toss up. Ole Miss will likely be slight favorite.
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA - Probable Win for Hogs.
Nov. 11 – at LSU* -  Probable loss for Hogs.
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE* - probable Win for Hogs.
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* - guaranteed Win

Problem for the Hogs is they seem to play worse under the pressure of a home crowd than they do on the road, especially when the road home crowd is less than enthusiastic, like at Ole Miss. Nutt's teams had similar issue.

Summary(not in game order):

2 guaranteed wins and and 2 guaranteed losses.
2 probable wins, both home games.
2 toss up games, both on the SEC road.
1 probable loss, on SEC road.

Add the guarantees to the record and Hogs are at 3-4 and 1-3 in SEC.
Give both probable wins to Hogs and they are now 5-4 and 2-3 in SEC.
Split the toss up games since Hogs are decent at finding a way to snatch defeat from jaws of victory, thus cannot give both of these games to the Hogs: now 6-5 and 3-4.
That leaves the probable loss prediction, the game at LSU. 10th game of the year for both teams. Orgeron is the head coach of LSU. LSU far superior talent and depth. Even with Orgeron, they should crush this Arkansas team. Whatever the final score, it should be a LSU win which leaves Arkansas at 6-6 and 3-5. That was my prediction before the season and I still see it that way. 

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HawgTrough

Auburn is doable at home. Revenge factor
WPS

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 09:09:28 am

We do not match up in any way with Auburn. Hence the 56-3 bit*h slapping last year. Auburn will beat Arkansas handily at RRS this year. Miss St is a game the Hogs should win.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HawgTrough

and LSU. I've watched just about all of their last two games. They do not look any better than the hogs. At times, they look worse.
WPS

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 09:57:42 am
They are.  I still can't believe we lost to these clowns.  10 starting freshmen!!!   We just lost to a shi^^y team that started 10 freshmen!!!
This is a testament to the quality of the freshmen that A&M recruited and signed versus the quality of the upperclassmen playing for Arkansas.

HognotinMemphis

I would not say ever but will agree the SEC this year is worst it has been in last 20 years. Looks like Alabama, Auburn and GA are pretty good and every other team is average to bad, relative to what they historically have been. For instance, I would not say Vandy is bad. Vandy is Vandy. They are average. Same for SC and Miss St and Ole Miss. Mizzou is bad. Arkansas is bad. Fla is bad. TN is bad. Ky is good relative to what they are usually.

TexasRazorback

Calling it right now. We do not get to 6 wins and we stay home for Bowl Season and pray that we are searching for a new coach

TexasRazorback

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 25, 2017, 10:34:37 am
Every one saying lsu is a loss. Anyone seen how bad that team is? They are worse than us, and coaching is about even too.

Have you been watching the hogs with blinders on? We look like one of the worst offensive teams in the country with no idea how to play defense. We'd be lucky to be a 10 point dog to LSU

Grag T

Every one saying lsu is a loss. Anyone seen how bad that team is? They are worse than us, and coaching is about even too.

People were making that exact same post about a&m before we played them.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

hawgon

Every team left in our schedule is circling Arkansas as a game they can win.  You can be like Alabama and have that sort of target on your back, or you can be like Arkansas and have that sort of target too.

RedRover10

Redhogs

Take a look at the rest of the schedule:

Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE
Oct. 14 – at Alabama*
Oct. 21 – AUBURN*
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss*
Nov. 11 – at LSU*
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI*

Really...That's where we are now, trying to find a path to 6 freaking wins? Pathetic.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grag T

hogcard1964

hogcard1964

They are also bad.  This is the worst the SEC has been in 15-20 years.

311Hog

the obvious choice would be

NMSU - Win
South Carolina - Win (since they lost Deebo)
Ole Miss - Win
Coastal - Win
Missouri  - win

The teams above are not good teams and 3 of them are at home the last one being a revenge game.  All of the above teams have issues major ones like we do, but i am not very confident we will get to 6 this year, not with how poor our special teams are and our tendency to give up the big play is still there, we did find some life on offense, but the loss of JC as our only experienced WR will hurt alot.

IMHO put Hayden in the Wildhog and run Hammonds across Dmac and Felix style.

hawgon

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 25, 2017, 10:44:17 am
We just scored 43 points lol

And A&M just scored about 25 more on us than they did Nichols State.

TexasRazorback

Big, just because you score 43 points against an A&M defense that hasn't stopped a single team all year, does not mean your offense is good. Look at what happened when we played a competent defenses in TCU, we barley had 200 yds and only mustered 7 total points. What do you have to say to that Big?

Redhogs

Ha, ha...yea, against a team that blew a 44-10 lead to UCLA and lost.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

311Hog

Quote from: TexasRazorback on September 25, 2017, 10:47:45 am
Big, just because you score 43 points against an A&M defense that hasn't stopped a single team all year, does not mean your offense is good. Look at what happened when we played a competent defenses in TCU, we barley had 200 yds and only mustered 7 total points. What do you have to say to that Big?

i know i will be glad when Armani Watts is gone....

Hogtimes

I see 7  wins.

NMS
SC
Miss
CC
MO

Are  wins in my mind.  SC just barely defeated  La. Tech this weekend.  Miss and MO are bad
We split between LSU and Miss ST
Bama and Auburn are likely losses.   

PolishPigPower

When you look at your schedule and are thankful that neither Kentucky nor Vanderbilt are on it... doesn't that say everything about the state of your program?

The Road to Mediocrity goes thru NMSU, CC, USC-E, Ole Myth, and Mizzoo.
Quote from: Cooper on November 16, 2008, 10:35:46 pm
I might try my hand at some porn.

Quote from: Breems on May 02, 2011, 02:55:14 pm
Last post in the Tavern here.  See you guys.  Have fun.

jkstock04

I think they are far from being worse than us.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

311Hog

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 25, 2017, 10:57:04 am
I think they are far from being worse than us.

they are not good on offense.  but they are playing at home.  gotta hope it isn't a night game.

Calling All Hogs

How exciting that Razorback football has come down to searching for a 6 win season.

oldhog63

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 25, 2017, 10:13:51 am
This is a testament to the quality of the freshmen that A&M recruited and signed versus the quality of the upperclassmen playing for Arkansas.
It is the testament of the lack of development of the program over 4+ years and inability to manage games.

Dirty

What? No shot to beat Alabama? Com On!

rhog1

September 25, 2017, 11:08:04 am #48 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:28:07 am by rhog1
I say if we lose to South Carolina we can give up on going bowling. Hopefully we see a team fired up to save their coaches job and pull off some upsets.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: 311Hog on September 25, 2017, 10:47:24 am
the obvious choice would be

NMSU - Win
South Carolina - Win (since they lost Deebo)
Ole Miss - Win
Coastal - Win
Missouri  - win

The teams above are not good teams and 3 of them are at home the last one being a revenge game.  All of the above teams have issues major ones like we do, but i am not very confident we will get to 6 this year, not with how poor our special teams are and our tendency to give up the big play is still there, we did find some life on offense, but the loss of JC as our only experienced WR will hurt alot.

IMHO put Hayden in the Wildhog and run Hammonds across Dmac and Felix style.
All accurate statements but remember that this new found offense has happened before under Bielema only to go right back to not scoring at all even versus bad teams. Hell, it even happens in same game: see Missouri and Va Tech games from last season. Like Nutt, Bielema does not seem to be able to bottle and recreate his successes. They just sort of appear out of nowhere than the team reverts to its former self the very next game.