Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Three Things

Started by TexArkHogFan, September 23, 2017, 03:59:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TexArkHogFan

I would do come Monday morning.

1.  Fire the offensive line coach.  Pack his bags.  He gone.
2.  Name  Kelley starting  QB. It's gonna happen sooner or later, may as well make it sooner.  Let him take his lumps now and get that out of the way. When you have to put your backup QB in when you need yardage either you have a damn good back up QB or you don't have anybody else you can trust to get a yard or two when you really need it.  And, finally   name     Hayden as my no. 1 running back.  We have severall good ones but he is the best of the best.                                                   
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

010HogFan

All these make too much sense, something we don't really do here.

hogcods8

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on September 23, 2017, 03:59:46 pm

2.  Name  Kelley starting  QB. It's gonna happen sooner or later, may as well make it sooner.  Let him take his lumps now and get that out of the way. When you have to put your backup QB in when you need yardage either you have a damn good back up QB or you don't have anybody else you can trust to get a yard or two when you really need it.  And, finally   name     Hayden as my no. 1 running back.  We have severall good ones but he is the best of the best.                                                 
Dude you couldn't be more wrong on all of this! Learn some football before you post that crap!

Josh Goforth

I'm with you on Kelley as long as we can change the rules to give every down as 3 rd and short. Until then Allen is still the better option on every other down. And what was #3??

my3boneheads

Kelly looked shell shocked on that passing situation. He is gonna get hurt running up the middle all the time. If CBB is thinking about it than New Mexico would be the time to try it out. Don't wait till the Alabama game.

Bubba's Bruisers

The whole Kelley thing Just kills me.  He didn't do anything today, but run in a few scripted run plays.  He's not done anything that remotely resembles running an offense.  and he sure hasn't had to deal with an ever collapsing pocket. 

But I wouldn't be opposed to Anderson's termination.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: hogcods8 on September 23, 2017, 08:00:28 pm
Dude you couldn't be more wrong on all of this! Learn some football before you post that crap!
Dude, I probably know as much about football as you do.  One thing I haven't learned is to quit posting on HV, but I'm getting there. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

GunnerHawg70

Hahahahaha!!!

RazorPiggie

You want to get Kelley killed this season?

PossumFan

So start Kelley not because he gives you the best chance to win, but to let him take his lumps? The message there is that you're giving up on this season with a LOT of football left to play. So why wouldn't the players take the cue and give up too? Bad, bad idea.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: my3boneheads on September 23, 2017, 08:09:07 pm
Kelly looked shell shocked on that passing situation. He is gonna get hurt running up the middle all the time. If CBB is thinking about it than New Mexico would be the time to try it out. Don't wait till the Alabama game.
Dude, he is 6'7 270 pounds. The defenders are too busy trying to get out of his way.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

NuttinItUp

You only had 2 things. Thread title was "three things"

Fail.

codeHog

he said finally after 1 & 2

code red

Three things? That's a bunch of crap. You can't do anything with this team because this team does not have any SEC worthy recruits. We are slow as heck. Coaching does not matter. This team has not been built correctly.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HogMantheIntruder

#1 is the only one that is not complete nonsense. In fact, I agree wholeheartedly.

#2 is where you lost any credibility. He's a fantastic weapon to have, and I'm glad we're using him. The game experience will pay dividends, but he's being used just enough. You put a green QB with green WRs behind a terrible OL and tell him to go win you're asking for trouble.

#3 really does sound like something a football novice would say. I'm sorry, but it does. Williams is our best back right now. There's more to it than being fast.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 08:14:51 pm
The whole Kelley thing Just kills me.  He didn't do anything today, but run in a few scripted run plays.  He's not done anything that remotely resembles running an offense.  and he sure hasn't had to deal with an ever collapsing pocket. 

But I wouldn't be opposed to Anderson's termination.

agreed. i'm not sure of his mobility in terms of quickness in the pocket, as you mentioned.
The rest of the frog.

alohawg

#1 okay, the rest, lol. Williams and Whaley  1 & 1 A with Hayden and TJ as change of pace.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

TexArkHogFan

All I can say is I saw Kelley running around on the sideline with a bloody nose.  He looked all pumped as if to say "put me in coach".  Allen comes off the field with that sour look on his face, screaming and hollering as anybody that would listen.  Granted, he has a bad offensive line in front of him but he needs to learn how to play with the hand he is dealt with.  From all appearances, it seems Allen has lost his confidence and once you lose that, you're dead meat.  All I am saying is put Kelley in for a couple of series and see if the results are the same.  Hell, I don't see how it could get any worse.   There are a lot of things wrong with this team and it most likely does start with the coaches but right now it's a bad situation and it doesn't look likely to change until changes are made. 
And, in response to those who say I know nothing about football, maybe you are right, but I turn 83 in a couple of months and have been an avid Hog fan about 70 years, probably long before you're parents were even born.  So, there is that. 

Qadi999

First off Kelley is not doing anything that any other qb could not do. Allen could do the same thing. It's the scheme that worked not the qb , the defense has to take acount of a qb that will run and adds 1 more challenge for them to deal with. There maybe qb that can do it better the others but you have to have a coach who is willing to do it ever down to make it truly effective. Same with running Hayden in the wildcat it only becomes effective when u use it often.

longtimeHogfan

September 24, 2017, 07:57:48 am #19 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:09:58 am by longtimeHogfan
Somebody please explain to me the clock management at the end of the half.  Letting 20-30 seconds run off the clock and then calling a timeout is something hootie would have done.  Or Les Miles.  If there was some strategic reason for that I'll accept it, but tell me what it was. 

Then please explain the pooch kick in the 4th that gave them the short field.  If we can't kick it through the end zone and didn't want to risk another runback, why not kick it out-of-bounds?  Give it to them on the 35 instead of our end of the field? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on September 24, 2017, 07:57:48 am
Somebody please explain to me the clock management at the end of the half.  Letting 20-30 seconds run off the clock and then calling a timeout is something hootie would have done.  Or Les Miles.  If there was some strategic reason for that I'll accept it, but tell me what it was. 

Then please explain the pooch kick in the 4th that gave them the short field.  If we can't kick it through the end zone and didn't want to risk another runback, why not kick it out-of-bounds?  Give it to them on the 35 instead of our end of the field?
He had more confidence in the A&M offense than he had in our own. He didn't want them to get the ball back with much time on the clock instead of us trying to score.

HardCore

Quote from: PossumFan on September 23, 2017, 09:58:40 pm
So start Kelley not because he gives you the best chance to win, but to let him take his lumps? The message there is that you're giving up on this season with a LOT of football left to play. So why wouldn't the players take the cue and give up too? Bad, bad idea.

Because, right now, getting Kelley ready for next season is more important than trying to salvage anything from the rest of this season. 
Outside of the non-conference schedule....who are we going beat?  Mizzou, maybe?  SC is at their house, OM is at their house, LSU is at their house.  Bama curb stomped a decent Vandy team yesterday.  Auburn, possibly MSU, maybe the ONLY opportunies remaining for a reputable win.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

The NewEra

1.  This has to be fixed.  How it's done I don't care.
2.  I disagree with you here, but for the first time in my life I would think this is a great opportunity to go with a dual quarterback system.  Kelley is the future of the program.  Kelley brings tools to the table that Allen doesn't.  He still has a lot to learn and can do it in a gradual pace this way.  I did not like Allen's personal demeanor yesterday on the field and if he keeps that up he will alienate himself from the rest of the offense.  What he showed in the first half of yesterday's game was not leadership, it was finger pointing.  Kelley on the other hand seemed to lift the teams spirit while in there.  Allen sitting on the sideline for a while watching Kelley would be good for him.
3.  I have no issues with this, but I definitely think the two RB's for right now are Hayden and Williams.  Williams is a real threat and a good running back as well.  Whaley apparently has injury issues, but he's been real tentative so far this year.

The #1 thing that could be done with this team that will not be done is to remove Bret Bielema from the HC job and put him over in Administration in some Assistant AD position to get him the hell out of the way.   Allow Enos to finish this season as the HC.  It is a poor situation but likely the best given the hand we face.

Remember the assistants we have gone through since BB has been here.  Did you note Chaney yesterday getting MSU lined out.  The Guy can coach and he sort of did his first year here and maybe 2nd year, then goes to hell and can't do anything right.  moves on and has established himself again.  We never have and still don't know what the talent we have can actually do, poor coaching.  We cannot find a WR except when the anointed WR gets hurt and someone else gets a chance, he ends up looking good, think Morgan replacing Hatcher and remember Hatcher only had the job because he was declared the best of the damn poor group we had on hand.  Nance played good yesterday after Cornilies went down.  What fan would have thought this.  Poor coaching.  We keep getting assistants that cannot coach we think.  Surely some couldn't but a dozen??  We finally turn Allen loose a bit and wham 2 TD passes to a no count, wink, wink, WR.  Poor old Arkansas may not have the studs most SEC teams have but we got far better than the coaching they receive.  The Assistant Coaches we have deserve better leadership.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 24, 2017, 08:43:36 am
He had more confidence in the A&M offense than he had in our own. He didn't want them to get the ball back with much time on the clock instead of us trying to score.

Ok, that's cold but I can buy it. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

leroyhawg

offensive line is fine, put Cole in and the offensive line looks great, too much dancing going on in the Backfield
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Quote from: 12247 on September 24, 2017, 09:17:06 am
The #1 thing that could be done with this team that will not be done is to remove Bret Bielema from the HC job and put him over in Administration in some Assistant AD position to get him the hell out of the way.   Allow Enos to finish this season as the HC.  It is a poor situation but likely the best given the hand we face. Playing Kelley could save Brets job, if he plays well, it's really his only choice.

Everyone says we have a great running game, we don't, Kelley might help that. I know that's putting a lot on a Freshman AN, playing is the only way to change that.

Remember the assistants we have gone through since BB has been here.  Did you note Chaney yesterday getting MSU lined out.  The Guy can coach and he sort of did his first year here and maybe 2nd year, then goes to hell and can't do anything right.  moves on and has established himself again.  We never have and still don't know what the talent we have can actually do, poor coaching.  We cannot find a WR except when the anointed WR gets hurt and someone else gets a chance, he ends up looking good, think Morgan replacing Hatcher and remember Hatcher only had the job because he was declared the best of the damn poor group we had on hand.  Nance played good yesterday after Cornilies went down.  What fan would have thought this.  Poor coaching.  We keep getting assistants that cannot coach we think.  Surely some couldn't but a dozen??  We finally turn Allen loose a bit and wham 2 TD passes to a no count, wink, wink, WR.  Poor old Arkansas may not have the studs most SEC teams have but we got far better than the coaching they receive.  The Assistant Coaches we have deserve better leadership.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

buldozer

Regardless of what all the D1 football coaches on this thread say, nothing negative would happen if all of this were done. We consistently lose. So what if changes are made that may or may not work out at first? At least a message would be sent to the non performers that someone is taking notice and not just staring into space during the game. But we have no coaching decisions that motivate or create a reason for the players to take notice..... so our coach does nothing much but apologize.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: Qadi999 on September 24, 2017, 07:56:22 am
First off Kelley is not doing anything that any other qb could not do. Allen could do the same thing. It's the scheme that worked not the qb , the defense has to take acount of a qb that will run and adds 1 more challenge for them to deal with. There maybe qb that can do it better the others but you have to have a coach who is willing to do it ever down to make it truly effective. Same with running Hayden in the wildcat it only becomes effective when u use it often.
lol.  How soon we forget.  Ryan Mallett couldn't run himself out of a paper bag even if it had a hole in it.  So, don't be saying ANY QB could do what Kelley did.  Plus, Mallett didn't like to be hit whereas Kelley comes out with a bloody nose chomping at the bit to be put back in.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 24, 2017, 12:18:00 am
#1 is the only one that is not complete nonsense. In fact, I agree wholeheartedly.

#2 is where you lost any credibility. He's a fantastic weapon to have, and I'm glad we're using him. The game experience will pay dividends, but he's being used just enough. You put a green QB with green WRs behind a terrible OL and tell him to go win you're asking for trouble.

#3 really does sound like something a football novice would say. I'm sorry, but it does. Williams is our best back right now. There's more to it than being fast.

We are already in trouble. There is no asking for it. It is here.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

The one thing I will say about Cole's appearances in the game yesterday is the guy has some fire about him and the team responds to him.

This season is already abysmal...you're gonna have to try to find a spark somewhere.

PRJ

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I think Kelley has incredible potential, but to bench Allen and "throw him to the wolves" right now would be foolish.  We just lost Cornelius - and one could argue Allen is struggling because of poor O-line play, lack of receivers and poor gameplan/coaching.

Getting Kelley hurt or QB Killa-ing his confidence are risks we can't afford to take.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hoggish1

1. Believe it or not, the O-line is getting better and will iron out the last of their wrinkles next Sat.

2. The reason Kelley is in is it doesn't allow the D to load the box for fear he will move to the line and then step back to hit a bomb.  Don't forget he can throw.  It is actually a good move.  Imagine him at QB and throwing a backwards pass to Allen, as another option.  I like Kelley in on the Wild Hog.

3.  I agree with you about Hayden and it's going to come to pass!

Hoggish1

Quote from: my3boneheads on September 23, 2017, 08:09:07 pm

You have it backwards; Kelley is going to hurt on of those linebackers real bad.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The NewEra on September 24, 2017, 09:03:23 am
1.  This has to be fixed.  How it's done I don't care.
2.  I disagree with you here, but for the first time in my life I would think this is a great opportunity to go with a dual quarterback system.  Kelley is the future of the program.  Kelley brings tools to the table that Allen doesn't.  He still has a lot to learn and can do it in a gradual pace this way.  I did not like Allen's personal demeanor yesterday on the field and if he keeps that up he will alienate himself from the rest of the offense.  What he showed in the first half of yesterday's game was not leadership, it was finger pointing.  Kelley on the other hand seemed to lift the teams spirit while in there.  Allen sitting on the sideline for a while watching Kelley would be good for him.
3.  I have no issues with this, but I definitely think the two RB's for right now are Hayden and Williams.  Williams is a real threat and a good running back as well.  Whaley apparently has injury issues, but he's been real tentative so far this year.

Excellent post!

Cinco de Hogo

Meanwhile we just got beat by a true Freshmen.  The Horror of starting a sophomore!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

One could argue that the staff used Kelley one play too many.

I think he will be really good eventually, but the whole offense is a mess and losing Cornelius was the last thing we could afford.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Youngsta71701

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 24, 2017, 11:12:35 am
I think Kelley has incredible potential, but to bench Allen and "throw him to the wolves" right now would be foolish.  We just lost Cornelius - and one could argue Allen is struggling because of poor O-line play, lack of receivers and poor gameplan/coaching.

Getting Kelley hurt or QB Killa-ing his confidence are risks we can't afford to take.
We scored 43 points in regulation and still loss. The offense wasn't the problem the defense was. When the offense plays well the defense sucks. When the defense play well the offense sucks. Just can't put together a full game for some reason.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Only one I could ardue about is the runningback. Hayden is extremely explosive, but Williams has been very reliable when we needed yardage
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

younghog

GO HOGS

311Hog

1. Yes probably, but add the special teams coach to the list of coaches that need to lose their job.  You have to be brain dead to kick the ball to Kirk seriously.
2. No way, Kelley needs to do what Kelley does short yardage goal line RPO's
3. Devwah is fine as the No. 1 but i think we need to run more Hayden in the wildcat.  It is known that Dmac is his idol, and he was sold on the Hogs because of Dmac and the WildHog days, he looks so natural running it i would keep doing that with Hammond coming across in the Felix role.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 311Hog on September 25, 2017, 10:41:54 am
3. Devwah is fine as the No. 1 but i think we need to run more Hayden in the wildcat.  It is known that Dmac is his idol, and he was sold on the Hogs because of Dmac and the WildHog days, he looks so natural running it i would keep doing that with Hammond coming across in the Felix role.
+1, if I may.

jkstock04

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 10:46:54 am
The one thing I will say about Cole's appearances in the game yesterday is the guy has some fire about him and the team responds to him.

This season is already abysmal...you're gonna have to try to find a spark somewhere.

PRJ
I'm by far an anti-Allen guy...but I agree it seemed like there was a different vibe when he was on the field.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys