Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

34 year old Mayor's POV

Started by Sigepgator702, September 20, 2017, 09:10:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigepgator702

September 20, 2017, 09:10:53 pm Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:36:56 pm by Sigepgator702
I seldom post on here; mainly because I am too emotional with every Hog win or loss.   I usually drink during each game, which doesn't usually calm me down either way.  When I was a child, I can recall being very excited when our team was on TV (JP Sports on channel 7).  We were poor and couldn't afford cable, so it was almost like Christmas when our beloved Hogs were on TV.  I listened to the majority of the games on the radio because my love for my Hogs ran deep. 
Like everyone else, I've seen the highs and the lows of our program since I was probably 6 years old.  Unfortunately I was not around in the 60s-80s when we had really good teams in the SWC.  I am an Arkadelphia native and went to Henderson State University to attain my degree.  I would've loved nothing more to attend the UofA, but the cost of tuition made that decision easy for me. 
I loved the Nutt regime; I hated the Nutt regime.  I loved the Petrino regime; I hated that he was a slime ball.  I loved the Brett hire; I hate the Bret regime thus far.  We all knew that Nutt's kids would run through a brick wall to back up their coach.  We were a top 25 program for most years.    Petrino  put us on the map and we were a perennial top 15 team in the country and were number 3 at one point.  Both coaches had an identity whether we liked it or not, but I am very confused on what our identity is at the present.
Brett started out as a smash mouth coach, but we have been a finesse team here of late.  He gets paid 4+ million dollars a year to win football games and to make our kids respectable in the classroom and off the field.  He does a great job with the latter, but the mediocrity doesn't equate to his salary.  If anyone else that has a regular job failed to win at this rate, he/she would be close to being terminated.  I really do like the fact that our coach is a stand up guy, but there are millions of people in our country that are the same.  Coaches get paid to win games; period.  I am not asking that he be fired yet, but I expected 8+ wins this year for him to ensure his job.  The season is early and there are a lot of games left.  I truly hope that he turns this team around and wins several games this year.  The SEC is weak this year and there is NO excuse to win less than 8 games in my opinion.  I hope he pulls a Mike Anderson and turns it completely around to unify our fan base. 
Please stop bashing our last 2 former coaches;  they each left the program better than it was before.  I hope we can say the same about Brett.  I look forward to being in attendance this Saturday and I have even purchased our new "Cowboys" jersey to cheer them on in Jerry's World. 

Mayor of Caddo Valley, AR.

mckinneyhog5

Good gravy...did you sign a law in Caddo Valley banning people from using paragraphs?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

NuttinItUp

Trump would be proud of that giant wall of text you built.

factchecker

Mayor or not, it's hard to take anyone serious when they don't know how to spell somebody's name.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sigepgator702

I'm typing on my phone, give me a break!

davglo35

No but they know how to set apee
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 09:13:14 pm
Good gravy...did you sign a law in Caddo Valley banning people from using paragraphs?
No but they know how to set speed traps. The place is as bad as Damascus.

mckinneyhog5

Does POV stand for "paragraph outlawed vigorously"?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Sigepgator702

Excuse me for putting an extra t on Bret!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: factchecker on September 20, 2017, 09:14:55 pm
Mayor or not, it's hard to take anyone serious when they don't know how to spell somebody's name.

I couldn't read far enough to get to any names, misspelled or otherwise.

I know why now that most ceo/mayor/politician types have executive assistants to compose this kind of stuff!  ;)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

mckinneyhog5

vandybuff

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 09:13:14 pm

LOL!!!!  Yes, every five to seven key strokes try hitting one of the buttons on side or bottom of your keypad.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Sigepgator702

Probably!  Just stick to the point of the post!

Sigepgator702

If you can't read a speed limit sign, that's you're problem. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:21:24 pm
If you can't read a speed limit sign, that's you're problem. 

I'm guessing English wasn't your best class.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Boardon Hamsay

I'd like to investigate the OP for ties to Russia. I have additionally reported this thread to Maude. She can decide if mods need to be involved.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PorkRinds

I liked the guy's post. Agreed with a decent portion of it, sans the Nutt love.

vandybuff

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:20:25 pm
Probably!  Just stick to the point of the post!

I am sorry if I offended you .... I sincerely hope this works out for you.  But remember, football is just entertainment and nothing more. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 20, 2017, 09:25:32 pm
I liked the guy's post. Agreed with a decent portion of it, sans the Nutt love.
Can you give me a recap? He said he typed it on his phone but don't know if I believe him. They haven't made a phone yet with that much Memory.

Sigepgator702

English was my major.  I apologize for auto correct.  It obviously was supposed to be your.  I wrote this thread to discuss sports, but obviously some have other motives, 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:28:35 pm
English was my major.  I apologize for auto correct.  It obviously was supposed to be your.  I wrote this thread to discuss sports, but obviously some have other motives,

You did a great job. And I bet you're a fine mayor. I hear your city is doing pretty well.

Ex-Trumpet

Lol, the way the Hogs have looked of late funnin' with posters is about the only thing that keeps me sane!!

Carry on...

PonderinHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 09:27:41 pm
Can you give me a recap? He said he typed it on his phone but don't know if I believe him. They haven't made a phone yet with that much RAM.
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=637788.msg10970159#msg10970159

thebignasty

I just want to talk sports too.

-117 year old airline pilot

vandybuff

I assume lit and not composition. .... sorry, I had to do it.

Wildhog

And you thought politics was rough.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

thebignasty

Quote from: Wildhog on September 20, 2017, 09:32:29 pm
And you thought politics was rough.

mmqb is just about sobered up from a couple of weeks ago by now, too.

mckinneyhog5

PorkRinds

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 09:27:41 pm
Can you give me a recap? He said he typed it on his phone but don't know if I believe him. They haven't made a phone yet with that much Memory.

Doesn't usually post. Too drunk. Loves the hogs. Radio was his thing but by gosh he will be at the game Saturday. Loved Nutt. Hated Nutt. Loved Petrino. Hated that scumbag too. Both good. Top 25 good on the reg.  Loved it. Like Bret. Nice guy. Hate his coaching. Doesn't win. We need a winner. Get 8 wins and pull a Mike Anderson. If not, new coach. -Mr. Mayor

vandybuff

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 20, 2017, 09:30:19 pm
Lol, the way the Hogs have looked of late funnin' with posters is about the only thing that keeps me sane!!

Carry on...

Hey, I am a Vandy fan.  There, the big crowd at concessions and restroom is first, second, third and fourth quarters -- halftime is dead quiet. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 20, 2017, 09:34:11 pm
Doesn't usually post. Too drunk. Loves the hogs. Radio was his thing but by gosh he will be at the game Saturday. Loved Nutt. Hated Nutt. Loved Petrino. Hated that scumbag too. Both good. Top 25 good on the reg.  Loved it. Like Bret. Nice guy. Hate his coaching. Doesn't win. We need a winner. Get 8 wins and pull a Mike Anderson. If not, new coach. -Mr. Mayor
Love it! The only thing better would have been if you put the word STOP at every period. Telegraph style!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: vandybuff on September 20, 2017, 09:34:41 pm
Hey, I am a Vandy fan.  There, the big crowd at concessions and restroom is first, second, third and fourth quarters -- halftime is dead quiet. 
Dead quiet or quite dead?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

bphi11ips

Caddo Valley is in God's Country. Nothing better than throwing an innertube and an ice chest in the Caddo below DeGray Dam and floating to the I-30 bridge.

Give it a little while Mayor. This team is like a box of chocolates right now but this week may be a Gran Marnier chocolate truffle.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Sigepgator702

Hey, there are paragraphs now!  Any more brain busters?!

vandybuff

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 09:38:41 pm
Dead quiet or quite dead?
haha Dead quiet!  We have a 40,000 or so seat stadium ... and because many enjoy Nashville 25,000 are visitors.  So not dead.

thebignasty

Please don't mess with it any more.

This could be a water shed moment for hogville.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:42:16 pm
Hey, there are paragraphs now!  Any more brain busters?!
You're the funniest mayor I've ever met! If I ever move to Caddo you get my vote!

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

PonderinHog

While we're on the subject of speed traps, y'all better slow down going through Cash in Craighead County.

Sigepgator702

We all cheer for Vandy when we aren't playing them!  I have remembered why I do not like to post on here!  Too many know it alls for my taste!  I apologize if I wasn't up to par for so many.  I just love my Hogs and wanted to express my opinion.  I should've known that in our society, it would be riddled with some sort of hate.

The OTR

Mr. Mayor,

I enjoyed your story about your humble upbringing, your deep love of the hogs, and you admitting to the voting public that you get drunk on game day. Hopefully they won't call you on Saturdays to complain about a downed stop sign or one of your police officers writing someone a ticket for five mph over the speed limit. 

I was especially moved by your story about going to Henderson state and I'm sorry that you scored so low on the act on the English and writing part to be admitted to the U of A. 

You seem like a good guy and good fan, the kind we need more of. You're a good writer too.  Don't let these guys tell you any different.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: thebignasty on September 20, 2017, 09:44:26 pm
Please don't mess with it any more.

This could be a water shed moment for hogville.
Monday in the Caddo Valley tribune..mayor announces department of paragraphs to oversee human cause of lack of paragraphs.

Athog

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:10:53 pm
I seldom post on here; mainly because I am too emotional with every Hog win or loss.   I usually drink during each game, which doesn't usually calm me down either way.  When I was a child, I can recall being very excited when our team was on TV (JP Sports on channel 7).  We were poor and couldn't afford cable, so it was almost like Christmas when our beloved Hogs were on TV.  I listened to the majority of the games on the radio because my love for my Hogs ran deep. 
Like everyone else, I've seen the highs and the lows of our program since I was probably 6 years old.  Unfortunately I was not around in the 60s-80s when we had really good teams in the SWC.  I am an Arkadelphia native and went to Henderson State University to attain my degree.  I would've loved nothing more to attend the UofA, but the cost of tuition made that decision easy for me. 
I loved the Nutt regime; I hated the Nutt regime.  I loved the Petrino regime; I hated that he was a slime ball.  I loved the Brett hire; I hate the Bret regime thus far.  We all knew that Nutt's kids would run through a brick wall to back up their coach.  We were a top 25 program for most years.    Petrino  put us on the map and we were a perennial top 15 team in the country and were number 3 at one point.  Both coaches had an identity whether we liked it or not, but I am very confused on what our identity is at the present.
Brett started out as a smash mouth coach, but we have been a finesse team here of late.  He gets paid 4+ million dollars a year to win football games and to make our kids respectable in the classroom and off the field.  He does a great job with the latter, but the mediocrity doesn't equate to his salary.  If anyone else that has a regular job failed to win at this rate, he/she would be close to being terminated.  I really do like the fact that our coach is a stand up guy, but there are millions of people in our country that are the same.  Coaches get paid to win games; period.  I am not asking that he be fired yet, but I expected 8+ wins this year for him to ensure his job.  The season is early and there are a lot of games left.  I truly hope that he turns this team around and wins several games this year.  The SEC is weak this year and there is NO excuse to win less than 8 games in my opinion.  I hope he pulls a Mike Anderson and turns it completely around to unify our fan base. 
Please stop bashing our last 2 former coaches;  they each left the program better than it was before.  I hope we can say the same about Brett.  I look forward to being in attendance this Saturday and I have even purchased our new "Cowboys" jersey to cheer them on in Jerry's World. 

Mayor of Caddo Valley, AR.

+1 Mayor

bphi11ips

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 20, 2017, 09:48:57 pm
Mr. Mayor,

I enjoyed your story about your humble upbringing, your deep love of the hogs, and you admitting to the voting public that you get drunk on game day. Hopefully they won't call you on Saturdays to complain about a downed stop sign or one of your police officers writing someone a ticket for five mph over the speed limit. 

I was especially moved by your story about going to Henderson state and I'm sorry that you scored so low on the act on the English and writing part to be admitted to the U of A. 

You seem like a good guy and good fan, the kind we need more of. You're a good writer too.  Don't let these guys tell you any different.

Dang.  I had hopes that the Mayor was real.

mckinneyhog5

Sorry mayor, welcome to hogville! I'm done for the night and welcome to infamy. If you're at the game Saturday I'll buy you a beer or two or three.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Ok, I have a confession. I am the exiled Duke of Bilgewater.  But I post here constantly.

Just poking fun, your majesty.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

thebignasty

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 20, 2017, 09:51:54 pm
Dang.  I had hopes that the Mayor was real.

Think he is. A little preliminary googling bears it out.

Just have to remember to pay no mind to that bourgeois pillahead feller.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:48:49 pm
We all cheer for Vandy when we aren't playing them!  I have remembered why I do not like to post on here!  Too many know it alls for my taste!  I apologize if I wasn't up to par for so many.  I just love my Hogs and wanted to express my opinion.  I should've known that in our society, it would be riddled with some sort of hate.
Stick around, Mr. Mayor.  We're just getting to know you.