Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VS FAMU I need to see ____ to raise my expectations for this year

Started by Hogopolis, August 13, 2017, 05:06:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogopolis

tackling for me.  No missed tackles.  No big plays allowed.   The defense has to have this mentality even vs FAMU and just play angry.

https://youtu.be/aYp94Kk8AdE

Leave no doubt!!!!

Hawgboy64

A dominating shutout on defense and the O-line mauling FAMU.
In other words, some pissed off Hogs.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Sed76

Not playing 10 yards off receivers then not being able to tackle once they make the catch. Also shut down the middle of the field.

OKHog

5 sacks and at least one forced turnover from the Defense

Holes you could drive a truck through from the OL and solid pass pro from the RB's

ZERO

It's an FCS team that finished 4-7 last year. The Hogs couldn't possibly dominate hard enough for me to draw anything from this game. As long as it's not a Samford-type game, I won't be too concerned, either.

Interesting note: Alex Wood, their HC, was the Arkansas QB coach in '06 and '07.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

3Scoreand10

The defense does not allow a score.
The offense scores at will, puts the game away in the first quarter, and the starters rest the rest of the game.

swineology

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

kodiakisland

If we win 100-0 it will not affect my future expectations.  The expectation is we do what we want when we want against a school like FA&M.  No performance will exceed my expectation.  The reverse could be true however.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Shrevepork

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogopolis on August 13, 2017, 05:06:58 pm
tackling for me.  No missed tackles.  No big plays allowed.   The defense has to have this mentality even vs FAMU and just play angry.

Leave no doubt!!!!

It's a scrimmage and a warm up. I wouldn't place expectations too high. We will win and it won't be close but we will be testing things out so just be happy with the win and don't try to read too much into the stats.
Go Hogs Go!

kp72204

VS FAMU I need to see ____ to raise my expectations for this year

(Alabama type defense)

davehog

Pork Ranger

JHicks3636

Tusks

...nothing really.....

It's a glorified scrimmage.

The next game against TCU will tell the tale.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Potosihog

Leading 28 -3 at the half and game is called due to a prediction of rain.

PorkRinds

Steef

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Sed76 on August 13, 2017, 05:26:53 pm
Not playing 10 yards off receivers then not being able to tackle once they make the catch. Also shut down the middle of the field.
After last season, I'll be pleased if we just have some defenders between the hash marks.

oldhawg

Ist half - a tune up for first team.

2nd half - lots of subs see action.

jkstock04

Leave no doubt!!!!

No mistakes and dominating football...every aspect of the game. Against this opponent there is no reason not to be. We need to come out of the gate hot and fast.

Score needs to look something like 70-3 final. If it's something weird like 34-17 final and we have a lot of mistakes, then look out for a long year. Watch out for phrases like "first game jitters", "vanilla", or "didn't want to show our hand to the rest of SEC". If these are talking points the following week that's not a good sign.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

daprospecta

I want to see a defense that doesn't miss many assignments(impossible to play perfect). I want to see form tackling and I want to see a leader on defense show up.  IMO, our offense won't be the problem this year. We will score points.  Our defense will be the difference between 6-6 and a special season.

3kgthog

31to6

A TD from the 3rd string QB.
A sack from the 3rd string DL.

wildhogman

a message board the sunday after with no whiners on board. I know I know, that's as likely to happen as an undefeated season, but wouldn't it be nice

GuvHog

Nothing that happens against FAMU will raise my expectations for this Hog team but I would like to see:

(A) A very lopsided win.

(B) The #1 defense give up no points.

(C) The #2 Defense give up very, very few points.

(D) No injuries
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

hawganatic

Really can't take anything from this game. 

If we don't beat them by 50, shut them out, sack their QB on every play, etc.... It's probably because we aren't trying to put anything on tape for TCU to watch and going very vanilla (an approach I hate by the way.  Would rather put too much on tape for them and have them preparing for things they won't see).

If we beat them by 50, shut them out, sack their QB on every play, etc...  It's because FAMU is just overmatched and can't compete.

Just not a lot to take from a game like this where the difference in talent is this large.

hogsanity

Quote from: ZERO on August 13, 2017, 05:34:14 pm
It's an FCS team that finished 4-7 last year. The Hogs couldn't possibly dominate hard enough for me to draw anything from this game. As long as it's not a Samford-type game, I won't be too concerned, either.

Interesting note: Alex Wood, their HC, was the Arkansas QB coach in '06 and '07.

No, but you could see some things that scare you. I think it was the opener in 2012 where the D gave up a bunch of yards against Jacksonville state and some of us said then we were concerned about the D. We were told to shut up ( literally told to stfu by a admin here ), yet it was obvious the defense had huge problems. Turned out ever part of the team had huge problems.

If they come out on the 31st and we see dbs getting lost in coverage, or safeties being out of position, that is a bad sign.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 14, 2017, 10:29:46 am
No, but you could see some things that scare you. I think it was the opener in 2012 where the D gave up a bunch of yards against Jacksonville state and some of us said then we were concerned about the D. We were told to shut up ( literally told to stfu by a admin here ), yet it was obvious the defense had huge problems. Turned out ever part of the team had huge problems.

If they come out on the 31st and we see dbs getting lost in coverage, or safeties being out of position, that is a bad sign.

You make a good point about the defense but:

(A) FAMU is no Jacksonville State

(B) In 2012, the Hogs had an interim HC (if one could justify calling him that) and the staff didn't care.

The situation is much different now.

OLDHOG

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2017, 10:40:06 am
You make a good point about the defense but:

(A) FAMU is no Jacksonville State

(B) In 2012, the Hogs had an interim HC (if one could justify calling him that) and the staff didn't care.

The situation is much different now.

I agree, but my point is it will be much more likely we see things that cause concern than we see anything that raises expectations. I mean they are supposed to roll FAMU and name the score. If they score 70 does that really raise expectations?

Now if they come out on the 9th and roll TCU, then yea that would raise expectations.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

We need to treat this team as what they are.  Be polite, be precise, score at will, defend at will and have the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams get in some actual game time action. 

With me, its more of what I don't want to see.  The first team punting, being hit with penalties, delays of game, brain dead moves, etc..  We need to go to work and do a great job.  The second team needs to look good too.  I would excuse the 3rds if they mess it up a bit.  This time honored theme of appearing like we haven't even worked together and sort of just showed up from our day jobs to knock back a beer or two, shoot the breeze and play a little flag and 7 on 7 chunk it around is not what I want us to look like.

I want us to feel really good about bringing n the seconds for a series or two starting the 2nd quarter.  I want there to be no need to play the starters in the 2nd half, unless coach just wishes to see them a bit more.  It is high time we actually ran with the big dogs and produced like the big dogs.

Peter Porker

Leave no doubt!!!!

I never understood the "get angry" "get mad" mentality people talk about. Just do what you've been coached to do. I don't see Alabama "getting angry". I recall a mom at a track meet yelling for her daughter to "get mad" while running the 3200. I couldn't help but laugh.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 14, 2017, 11:05:01 am
I agree, but my point is it will be much more likely we see things that cause concern than we see anything that raises expectations. I mean they are supposed to roll FAMU and name the score. If they score 70 does that really raise expectations?

Now if they come out on the 9th and roll TCU, then yea that would raise expectations.

I doubt I see anything against FAMU that will cause concern. Mistakes will just be the result of first game jitters and still working any bugs out.

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2017, 11:33:16 am
I doubt I see anything against FAMU that will cause concern. Mistakes will just be the result of first game jitters and still working any bugs out.

YEa, heard that line in 2012 too.